Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Manitoban wrote: »
    Just completed it, I applied for the tco 2017 campaign and the questions were the same, same names in the scenarios used even.

Thanks, as far as I remember that wasn't timed. Is this one
    And once you open the link.do you then have to do it all?
    I hated that assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

tringle wrote: »
    Thanks, as far as I remember that wasn't timed. Is this one
    And once you open the link.do you then have to do it all?
    I hated that assessment.

No it wasn’t timed, suggested time it takes is 60 mins, I had it completed in about 30. Yes you only have one chance at it so once you clink the like and start it you have to finish it. I’m 99% sure it’s the same assessment as the tco assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Would anyone by any chance have the information booklet relating to the clerical office Civil Service? Also any information regarding the stage 1 test and what to expect would be great. I can't print off the information booklet now from the public jobs site.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Just finished questionnaire... Straightforward enough. Same as TCO.... Difficult to know how they are scored and how you performed....😕 . Having done a few of these over the years I always tend to answer the same but get entirely different scores each year 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blackash

Hi guys,
    I filled out my online questionnaire and have a question. Can anyone tell me what to expect in the next stage of this campaign? I'm expecting a numerical and a verbal reasoning component but is there also a 'checking' stage namely, comparing one column of figures/numbers with another for errors that will also need to be completed?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Can anyone give any information regarding the assessment stage 1 was like.....are their test examples that can be done first and does anyone know how long after doing stage 1 that we get the link for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Can anyone give any information regarding the assessment stage 1 was like.....are their test examples that can be done first and does anyone know how long after doing stage 1 that we get the link for stage 2?

From memory, there are a number of sample exercises that you can do once you click on the link to begin the assessment. How long it takes to be invited for stage 2 will depend on your order of merit after stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Would anyone by any chance have the information booklet relating to the clerical office Civil Service? Also any information regarding the stage 1 test and what to expect would be great. I can't print off the information booklet now from the public jobs site.

Hi
    Did you managed to get the information booklet ? And did you complete Stage 1 yet? How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Halpenny

Question: if you are an existing CO and apply to this new CO campaign just so you can try to get a different more preferred location- would you have to go through probation all over again even if you have many years service already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Halpenny wrote: »
    Question: if you are an existing CO and apply to this new CO campaign just so you can try to get a different more preferred location- would you have to go through probation all over again even if you have many years service already?

Surely if you are already permanent I'd imagine not :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Mauramol

I know someone in the CS that tried to apply for a competition in the same grade and was told no - she could not apply. Perhaps if you try to transfer out - put an ad in your union magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I think you’d have to resign in advance of the competition starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Complete your probation and ask for the transfer. I was lucky enough to land in a place that I really enjoy, but I know that it could've went another way. There's plenty out there that just wouldn't suit me and that's fine.

Speak with your line manager and explain the situation but stick it out until you're permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just completed the assessment stage. It's usually where I score the lowest. Some of the scenarios were difficult to make a call on I felt.

Good luck every one

Hi
    Did you managed to get the information booklet ? And did you complete Stage 1 yet? How was it?

Hi there,
    No I didn't get the booklet and I haven't completed stage 1 yet. I have until tomorrow before 1pm. I hope to get it done today but I feel really anxious and nervous. I don't know why. I guess because I don't have the booklet maybe. Have you done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Hi there,
    No I didn't get the booklet and I haven't completed stage 1 yet. I have until tomorrow before 1pm. I hope to get it done today but I feel really anxious and nervous. I don't know why. I guess because I don't have the booklet maybe. Have you done it?

You don't need the booklet, the tests give an explanation of whats involved before each stage.

Moving2017 wrote: »
    You don't need the booklet, the tests give an explanation of whats involved before each stage.

ok great

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Iwouldinmesack

Its strange they dont ask you if you have a disability etc in the equal opportunities part. I thought thats a requirement they must put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Its strange they dont ask you if you have a disability etc in the equal opportunities part. I thought thats a requirement they must put in?

I think they asked that in the original application. Or maybe it was part of the stage 1 information booklet, that you were to email a certain email address if you did

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Gra11 wrote: »
    Did this campaign include Dublin?
    No dublin I'll have a separate campaign in the new year I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Hey was anyone else lashed for a passcode after they’d completed the assessment? If so what did you use?

Hi

Hi there,
    Go ahead and do it , they give you an hour but it only takes 20/25 mins or so to do, I was dreading it but it's actually very straightforward :) good luck :)

There was plus 30,000 applicants last time including Dublin, I wonder what the numbers will be this time :)

Hey was anyone else lashed for a passcode after they’d completed the assessment? If so what did you use?
    I wasn't asked

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

I wasn't asked for that.

Redcat75 wrote: »
    I wasn't asked

Did you receive a confirmation email after having completed the assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭davydoc

It tells you that you WONT receive a confirmation email when you finish it...

davydoc wrote: »
    It tells you that you WONT receive a confirmation email when you finish it...

Thanks...

I wasn't asked

No , they tell you on the last page that you won't receive one as the last page is the notification :)

• Advertisement

No , they tell you on the last page that you won't receive one as the last page is the notification :)

Thanks, the page refreshed before I could read it and asked me for the passcode so I wasn’t sure 😊 :)

Advertisement