Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

So stage 2 is still the retest? Or is it an interview now?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

184 for Cavan and 405 for Longford. Isnt it mad how you can be so different...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Seems unusual that they would get rid of the at home tests?

I thought so too. Maybe it's to eliminate cheating at home or getting someone else to sit this part for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

328 for Longford and 82 for Roscommon 😞 no chance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nettles7

I got 515 for limerick! Should I just forget about it now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DsJewel

I got placed in the 500's for Kerry and 800's for cork, but to be fair with no previous admin experience at all I'm glad to have gotten through to the next stage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bud wiser

Hi All, i got order of merit of 570 for my first choice and 666 for my second choice. Is this a good score? Or does it differ from county to county, i'm just trying to figure out how this works, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nettles7

podsull1 wrote: »
    Got placed 109 for kerry and 274 for limerick is that any good :(

I got 515 for limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MBLBY4

This order of merit,is the number you get for your county the total number of applicants before you for the same county?
    For example 150 in order of merit for Westmeath,does that mean there are 149 up for the same job?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Twigg21

Hi, can someone tell me how the order of merit works??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Your order of merit is your placing with respect to your chosen county so if you are 150 for limerick that means that 149 people scored better than you on the test. People will be called in order of merit in batches. So for example the top 50 might be called first and then a while later another batch of 60/70. Its all dependant on the needs of each area how many are called

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Twigg21

Many people looking for Louth???

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

The population profile of the counties you chose has a lot to do it. So if your counties include, for instance; Dublin, Cork, Galway or Kildare and your OOM is above the 500 mark; you should be confident about your prospects. Also consider that there are many who apply and have a higher OOM than yours who will find better short term wage prospects in the private sector and opt out of future stages. So, if your in it for the long term expect your OOM to go up and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    The population profile of the counties you chose has a lot to do it. So if your counties include, for instance; Dublin, Cork, Galway or Kildare and your OOM is above the 500 mark; you should be confident about your prospects. Also consider that there are many who apply and have a higher OOM than yours who will find better short term wage prospects in the private sector and opt out of future stages. So, if your in it for the long term expect your OOM to go up and up.

Is there any way of knowing how many positions are available in your chosen areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

First time I ever applied for public service. I got Oom of 159 for waterford 137 for kilkenny. Not sure if that's good or bad. Is there any way of knowing how many positions are available? Thanks in advance ☺️

From what I have seen that is quite good,do you mind me asking do you have extensive experience/qualifications in the field? Just curious as to what matters in scoring. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

The verbal reasoning section of the supervised tests plus the assessment questionnaire score will determine the final OOM standing. That's how I understand it from previous campaigns.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Alonso77 wrote: »
    The verbal reasoning section of the supervised tests plus the assessment questionnaire score will determine the final OOM standing. That's how I understand it from previous campaigns.

Yes but in the last campaign you didn’t receive an OOM number until after the at home aptitude tests so clearly they have changed the recruitment process for this campaign.

Your number only changed once and that was after the supervised tests in Dublin.

From what I have seen that is quite good,do you mind me asking do you have extensive experience/qualifications in the field? Just curious as to what matters in scoring. Thanks

I really have no idea about how the scoring works so didn't know whether that was good or bad. Not at all, I have many years of experience working in a team environment and admin/customer service roles (prob too many to say out loud 😂)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Placed 416 for Wexford=forget it, so much for a first class honours BA,MA and 8 months as a TCO actually mattering a fook!

I hate that particular test they gave us, I never know what to answer. I'm average at the next stage aptitude test and very good at interviews...if only I can get to.interview stage. I know they have to weed out so many applicants but in this case I don't think they always get the most suitable.

Yea must have a big influence on order of merit, i had just finishef 8 months as a TCO but doesnt seem to have mattered,228 in wicklow and 416 in wexford.

You never know it might all work out for us so don't be dismissing it just yet :) Were you working as a TCO in the public service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

I got 109 for Kerry and 174 for Limerick is that good.

Yes they have changed the format this year I was told by them its questionnaire then supervised test - its will be calculated on your questionnaire and verbal, but also you must meet the standard for numerical too.

Then stage 3 interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Alonso77

natc wrote: »
    Yes but in the last campaign you didn’t receive an OOM number until after the at home aptitude tests so clearly they have changed the recruitment process for this campaign.

Your number only changed once and that was after the supervised tests in Dublin.

I presume the only change is that the at home is scrapped and as I suggested the supervised will determine final OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

natc wrote: »

Candidates were awarded an OOM after Stage 1 in the most recent Dublin CO comp advertised last year - this campaign is consistent with that one.

I scored 5th in first choice and 11th second choice. Really hopeful I will be successful in this campaign

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I scored 5th in first choice and 11th second choice. Really hopeful I will be successful in this campaign

That's unreal. Did they give you a date for stage 2 then?

That's unreal. Did they give you a date for stage 2 then?

Nope. Just got the same message as everyone got.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crossbeauty

was thinking it was different than previous years. Normally you sit the home test and then get a number

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy_mom

That's amazing, well done!

I'm sure it will only be a matter of time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrsquigley

unreal achievement. what region are you in ?

Advertisement