Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hog's and Heffers have a fantastic chargrill.

Didn't know Coppers did food

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Never thought I would find better than the McDonald’s Big Mac. Till I recently discovered the Big Mac Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Never thought I would find better than the McDonald’s Big Mac. Till I recently discovered the Big Mac Grand.

Wow. I'm a big Mac fan but there is a mass world out there with even better burgers

Wow. I'm a big Mac fan but there is a mass world out there with even better burgers

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote:

I'm not sure what happened there. I don't usually have a stutter

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

RasTa wrote: »
    They also own a good few hotels and the Stella cinemas.

Wow burger is now off the list(Never tried it) Bunsen all the way.

Tower records too.
    Owned by the property developer son of a property developer, what's not to love?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

Tower records too.
    Owned by the property developer son of a property developer, what's not to love?

Beast Takeaway on the quays has the most epic burger and bacon/sauce in Town. No one else comes close

https://www.beasteatery.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Beast Takeaway on the quays has the most epic burger and bacon/sauce in Town. No one else comes close

https://www.beasteatery.com/

Are you taking the piss? They only do vegan food.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Are you taking the piss? They only do vegan food.

That's disgusting, thanks for the warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Featherblade bearnaise burger is pretty special.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Went to Bunsen yesterday, it was amazing, pisses all over anything I've had in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The Big Mac Grand is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Wow burger are part of the press up group, I prefer to support the smaller places
    Bunsen serve Coke & Heinz ketchup. You won't catch me darkening their doors. I get my ketchup from the farmers market and make my own cola.
    fundi wrote: »
    The mcdonalds double cheeseburger is smaller than most other burgers I think though.
    that is why I buy 2. With the touch screens you can customise and get extra stuff, extra pickles, mustard ketcup but also lettuce and mayo. A slice of tomato is 20c. The burgers are 1.6oz, 1/10th of a pound. People love to bad mouth mcds, but I bet if they went to a friends/relatives house and were served up an identical double cheese burger with all the extras they would be praising them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yeah bunsen need to up their sauce game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

rubadub wrote: »
    Bunsen serve Coke & Heinz ketchup. You won't catch me darkening their doors. I get my ketchup from the farmers market and make my own cola.

that is why I buy 2. With the touch screens you can customise and get extra stuff, extra pickles, mustard ketcup but also lettuce and mayo. A slice of tomato is 20c. The burgers are 1.6oz, 1/10th of a pound. People love to bad mouth mcds, but I bet if they went to a friends/relatives house and were served up an identical double cheese burger with all the extras they would be praising them.

I have to agree, there is something very satisfying about 2 double cheeseburgers with bacon and a large fries.... I think its the the onion that really does it for me.

Its no bunsen, but it certainly 100% has a time and place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Cienciano wrote: »
    Went to Bunsen yesterday, it was amazing, pisses all over anything I've had in Dublin.

Went for the first time on Saturday. The burger was good alright, but the bun was not sufficient for the mess of the double cheeseburger, it ended up soaked through and dribbling everywhere.

The chips leave an awful lot to be desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

ballyargus wrote: »
    Went for the first time on Saturday. The burger was good alright, but the bun was not sufficient for the mess of the double cheeseburger, it ended up soaked through and dribbling everywhere.

The chips leave an awful lot to be desired.

I would definitely not get a double. The only time a double burger is worth getting is in mcdonalds.
    I liked the chips, we got both types. But the wife wasn't too fussed with either types.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Wow Burger for me with toppings of Cheese, onion, pickle, ketchup and mustard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

After having to close down our family run pub on Sunday, and spending the next couple of days sorting sh1te out with our suppliers etc ( who have been amazing ), Dealing with our insurance company, who are wiping their hands saying we are not covered for business disruption because none of our staff have covid-19..... I had to drop some documents into our bank in the city center, got there early, "call back in about an hour" they said, at this time I was seriously hungry, headed to the work mans to get a WOW Burger, they were closed like most businesses, headed down dame street, 90% of places closed, pub's getting boarded up etc, saw Bunsen was open, happy days :D :pac:
    went in and ordered a double cheese burger and fries.. Hungry b@stard, I know...
    Burger meat was excellent, seriously moist and juicy, bun didnt make it, it fell apart, think the heat /steam from the meat was too much for the bun.
    Chip's, sorry fries were ok, no complaints there...
    Coke zero was served as a can and a glass, no ice....
    Waitress was polite and efficient
    Overall meal was spot on, bit pricey, but would have preferred to have had a WOW burger......
    having said that I would eat here again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

What do we think of veg/vegan burgers?

IMO a really good vegan burger is just as good as meat

If there's no meat it's not a burger. IMO discussion of non-meat burgers should be banned in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

linda mc's mozzerella burgers are so nice my vegetarian missus doesn't like them because they taste like burgers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

GarIT wrote: »
    If there's no meat it's not a burger. IMO discussion of non-meat burgers should be banned in this thread.

Have I started something here. Is a burger not just something an object that is eaten between two others. A hamburger would be what you're describing.

Have I started something here. Is a burger not just something an object that is eaten between two others. A hamburger would be what you're describing.

There were a few arguments a few times a few pages back. I don't know what others in the thread think but when I go for a burger I want meat.

This thread is supposed to be a thread for recommending places to eat in Dublin City, while most of the meat free burgers mentioned have been in shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mod: Vegan stuff is best suited to its own thread*. No point in having some sort of off topic, semantic argument that would mainly derail.

Do not respond to this message on thread.

* I'd be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

That's a sandwich pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Reported :) (not reported)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Why oh why did someone have to post on this thread today.

Now I'm dying for a big juicy burger but no restaurants open!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

appledrop wrote: »
    Why oh why did someone have to post on this thread today.

Now I'm dying for a big juicy burger but no restaurants open!

some places are doing takeaway, some who usually do not do takeaways.

Some restaurants are not permitted/licenced to do takeaways and Varadkar said he would be looking into this, i.e. to allow them to.

Kerb kebab place in foxrock is now doing takeaway.

Bunsen are too (not sure if they did before?)

https://www.bunsen.ie/

Advertisement