Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

6zvl6o.png

Made it with a day to spare! Almost identical to 2016 although club rides (60) now make up a greater proportion of the total. Happy to get to 10k again (while managing to stay married) with many great memories and photos of the cycling year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.....Happy to get to 10k again (while managing to stay married)....
    It's the secret to a good marriage! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Finished the Rapha challenge today which edged me just over 7,500 km for the year. My goal was 6,000km but only got going mid Feb due to back issues which started early Dec 17 which resulted in missing 6k km target in 2017 by 95km.

Happy out today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

secman wrote: »
    Finished the Rapha challenge today which edged me just over 7,500 km for the year. My goal was 6,000km but only got going mid Feb due to back issues which started early Dec 17 which resulted in missing 6k km target in 2017 by 95km.

Happy out today.

Fair play to ya! Even if it is rapha :pac::D
    10k next year?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

final cycle of the year this morning. happy enough with that total, had been aiming for 5k:

469191.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭py

py wrote: »
    Aiming for 4-5k for the year with hopefully 50,000m of climbing most of which will probably be on Zwift, here we come Tron bike :D Bit of work to hit the climbing goal but distance should be no bother.

Reduced body mass by about 14Kg with another 9Kg to hit my goal for the year and well on target for that, just need to keep eating well.

Hit my annual distance goals without issue, didn't hit the weight target but will keep on tapping away at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

A good year on the bike for me, happy out, finished up with 12700km and 89K meters of elevation.

Highlights would have been my first ever race win (only a little league race but they all count) a 625km charity spin over 2 days and completing the national 24hr TT with 614km, a tough day in the saddle that but a great experience.

Looks like I'll have a bit of a change of emphasis for next year but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

nilhg wrote: »
    A good year on the bike for me, happy out, finished up with 12700km and 89K meters of elevation.

Highlights would have been my first ever race win (only a little league race but they all count) a 625km charity spin over 2 days and completing the national 24hr TT with 614km, a tough day in the saddle that but a great experience.

Looks like I'll have a bit of a change of emphasis for next year but that's for another thread.

Did you get the Festive 500 done ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Best year so far ...
    14,945kms / 193,914mts / 651 hours / on the bike on 354 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I didn’t set any goals and it was probably for the best. I’ve only spent 4 months on the bike due to a longish illness, arrive of baby and laziness. I plan to make up for it next year though as it’s no fun spending 1.5 hours in traffic just to go 6km!

The sad thing about the attached stats is that many of the ‘rides’ were 1-2km on Dublin bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Happy out with my best year ever also !

10042 kms and 72002m climbing from 126 rides over 353 hours

Can safely say I enjoyed pretty much every minute of those 353 hours !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

jrar wrote: »
    Did you get the Festive 500 done ??

Yeah, finished with 530 yesterday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

9k for the year, wasn't a goal but not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

100 total times up Kilmashouge by year end. So that would be 50 more in just over 3 months(October- December)compared to the previous 50 in 4 years.
    I've done 3 since then so 47 more left.

Just under 7000 for year which is my worst year of cycling since i began.
    I missed all of January and February and then all of November.
    By the end of March i had just 400 kms.

Mid year was going good and finished the evil but the i got some knee issues which had me worried for a while.

My attempt at 100 times up Kilmashouge was going well.
    At the end of October i had 70 done so that meant only 30 left over 2 months but then my Father passed away and then i got sick so the last 2 months have been pretty pathetic on the bike.

New year should be better as i've all my bikes in working order and i had a bike fit recently so no injuries either.

https://veloviewer.com/infographic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

No goals for the year, but managed 3,457km (no commuting).

PS: This morning, the two Dublin southside bike counters on the Rock Road at Booterstown and on the N11 at UCD were reading 265,969 and 212,469 respectively (totals for the year, which presumably will reset tonight).

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Didn't make the 5,000, only about 3,500 due to work & ear/throat infections, but had a great first year cycling (got the bike early Jan) Really enjoyed it. Managed to do a few sportifs. Still, next year will be chasing that 5,000..Have a great new year all...

terrydel wrote: »
    Ended October needing 600km to hit 6000km, spent pretty much all of November sick, only managing a couple of spins, December was busy with Christmas stuff and now I've a rotten sore throat. Still 212 short of the goal and it aint gonna happen. Ah well.

Two other goals of mine were the etape and to do the wicklow gap from laragh section in under 20 mins, managed the former, and the latter came at the wicklow 200, doing it in 19:54.
    Next year I'd like to get under 19:00, but it'll be tough!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

6443 km.

Originally planned for 10000, but flu and a crash saw me revise it to 7500. All was going well, but got few too many colds, and had another crash while my enthusiasm waned a lot, probably a bit sick of my own company and need to head out with someone the oddtime this year.

Smashed my time up lovers leap lane enroute to telling my partner's mother that I planned on proposing to her (it was a 160km race against the clock as I had to get there and back without her knowing as she was driving down). Something very pleasing about that, as it ruined me the last time I tried it.

2019 is about enjoying it again as much possible, whatever the weather, just get out and do something. Also more time in Wicklow. If I could cut the first 15-20kms of my cycle out, (and then too the last as well) I'd enjoy them much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Stats for the year - Chuffed to get over the 11k mark for the first time - bit annoyed at 500 short for 75k Climbing

Activity count:

Total dist:
    11,048 km

Total elev:
    74,534 m

Total time:
    486:16:49

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Only 5 hours left until I'll be briefly on track for my yearly goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Original goal was 5000km and at 7628 now with another possible 19 if I finish work before midnight!
    I said I wanted to cycle more into work than drive, and managed that so maybe next year I'll not drive to work at all. That means I should really aim for 10000km next year. We'll see...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Sorry to hear about your father IR .

Up and down year for me, was going well until start of October when an innocuous seeming crash threw up some back and neck issues which have kept me off the bike until just this week..fingers crossed they stay away for 2019.

Two memorable spins as I finished the Evil and the Weevil, definitely type two fun. Finishing the year with 5,500km and 67,000m climbing ( can't actually remember what my goals were, if any)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I thought that this year I'd finally be able to complete the Rapha 500 Challenge. It's probably the only Strava Challenge I've trouble finishing as I do shift work and am usually rostered to work around Christmas/New Year.

As of yesterday I only had 90k to finish it but a vomiting bug descended on our house last evening and I spent the night and most of today cleaning up puke. Oddly, it seems to have by-passed me but the two girls in my life have been put through the wringer.

Anyway, my plan for a descent ride this morning was aborted but I managed a short ride this evening to cap the year.

dUepryxh.png

Weepsie wrote: »
    6443 km.

Originally planned for 10000, but flu and a crash saw me revise it to 7500. All was going well, but got few too many colds, and had another crash while my enthusiasm waned a lot, probably a bit sick of my own company and need to head out with someone the oddtime this year.

Smashed my time up lovers leap lane enroute to telling my partner's mother that I planned on proposing to her (it was a 160km race against the clock as I had to get there and back without her knowing as she was driving down). Something very pleasing about that, as it ruined me the last time I tried it.

2019 is about enjoying it again as much possible, whatever the weather, just get out and do something. Also more time in Wicklow. If I could cut the first 15-20kms of my cycle out, (and then too the last as well) I'd enjoy them much more.

Know what you mean re. the colds. Since last 10 days or so of October I've just had one after another, along with loads of related sinus infections. It's really frustrated me and got me down to be honest. So I've done very very little cycling in that time. Managed 600km in 3 odd weeks of October and done less than half that since.
    Deffo agree on the enjoying it more, I made an effort to do that this year and let's face it, thats what it should be about.
    Congratulations on proposing to your other half, hope you got the desired response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I'm on 4,135km ytd. My target is 4,500km for the year. I wasn't cycling in January of this year because i'd just changed jobs, so i think i'll set next years target for 5000km.

4471.70 for 2018. :(

I was going to make up the remainder over Xmas but got a sinus infection. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

came in at 6,383km vs a target of 6,000 so reasonably pleased. but as below shows I was on target for much more around May / June time until the mileage dropped off quite a bit as I'd no late year targets or events set for myself...

ut3bo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

No goals as such just to be more consistent in 2018.
    Bike totals broke 8000kms climbed 128'000m,
    Silver medal finish in the Marmotte..
    I think I won the Evil 2018 this year:eek::p(+5000m/250km version that is :D)
    Oh and managed to stay alive an annual achievement in itself given what we have to contend with.

Condolences to Irishrover was wondering how come you dropped off the radar for a while...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not a bad start to the year; rather than quantifying it as a yearly total, i figured an average of 20km per day sounded reasonable, and more easily visualised. so far i'm at 20.6km per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Hit 5k kms this morning. 62k mts elevation. Good start to the year!

• Advertisement

Profitable too!

Advertisement