Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Plastik wrote: »
    Strange rabbit hole to have gone down.
    be careful, you'll get stuck in the rabbit hole if you're too fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,958 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've had a bit of slippage compared to last year. Currently at 8,500kms (1,000 behind last year at this point) and on 68,000m elevation (12,000m behind last year).

Veloviewer predicts 19,000kms for the year at the current rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

I've had a bit of slippage compared to last year. Currently at 8,500kms (1,000 behind last year at this point) and on 68,000m elevation (12,000m behind last year).

Veloviewer predicts 19,000kms for the year at the current rate.

Lazy sod!! :)

.... and I thought I was doing well!
    6650kms / 81,800mts YTD.
    On course for my 14,000kms/160,000mts target!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

clocked in today at 4k on the nose, happy with that, i was aiming to get it before the year ticked over into the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Can we change the subject, please!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Can we change the subject, please!!

KNOW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭secman

Just need 67km tomorrow to hit 5,000 km, heading out with Gorey cc in the morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

4436 for the year so far of a 7500 goal. About 700km ahead of target but that'll slow down with a lot of other stuff to get done next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Currently at 4837km with Garmin connect refusing to sync one ride from work...
    slightly behind my target of 10000km but hopefully will make that up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

My 2019 target is 5,000 - currently a bit ahead at 2,686.

I had no particular target last year and managed 3,457, so a nice improvement.

• Advertisement

Currently at 4837km with Garmin connect refusing to sync one ride from work...
    My last 4 commute rides haven't synced and my Garmin data cable seems to have given up also.

secman wrote: »
    Just need 67km tomorrow to hit 5,000 km, heading out with Gorey cc in the morning

Did a 95km today which means i am just over the 5k km.. 5,032 km to be exact... used to be my annual target, havent looked back since i hit 60 :)

I had no specific goal last year, but managed 3,457km. Today I surpassed last year's total, reaching 3,460km, on my way to a 5k goal - Strava shows I'm 474km ahead of pace for that.

47km more and I'll also have reached 5,000 on my 'good' bike, bought a year and two weeks ago.

started out the year with a goal of averaging 20km per day, so 7,300km. upped that when i realised i was ahead of target, current goal is 8k, which i reckon i now have a 50/50 chance of managing; passed the 7k mark on the commute home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

I only really cycle commuting I don't get the time.outside.of that. I set a 6k goal for the year and should get there about 5400km so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

I had set a target of 5000km for this year even though the first few months of the year I was still recovering from a serious op from last year, which was a total washout.
    I'm starting to feel good and at 4097km and on course to hit the target so next year's target will be closer to 8000 I hope.

Reached my 5,000km goal this week, and on track for 5,600 by year end.

Didn't do much climbing this year (lots of S2S northside and NCD) - was going to do more Sally Gap in the Summer, but the potential theft issue put me off a bit because I have 'shiny' bike and I usually travel alone.
    With time constraints, I'll probably keep to 5k again next year, but an emphasis on more climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

On target for 14,000k for the year. Although it’s getting harder to motivate myself to get out on these dark cold mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Top 3 in an A3 Race - nope
    Win a club League race - nope
    88 kgs end of year weight to carry forward to next season--not even close
    FTP of 400 watts Yaay.

1/4 ain't bad.... Rest can apply to 2020. I did get past my 10,000kms goal so most of 2019 goals achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Will hit 14,000kms tomorrow. Barring an accident, I should get to 15k+ which will be a first!

• Advertisement

tnegun wrote: »
    I only really cycle commuting I don't get the time.outside.of that. I set a 6k goal for the year and should get there about 5400km so far.
    That's impressive for just commuting rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I started with a goal of 6,500km, having ridden almost 6,400km last year. I optimistically figured that the arrival of a baby in July wouldn't derail me too much but in reality my monthly average has dropped by 200km since then! I was also missing any sort of practical targets such as events or trips, both of which I had last year.

So now I'll struggle to hit 6,000km but have bigger plans for next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Not sure where i'll end up this year, probably about 17,500km and 200,000m elevation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Goal was 7500 and a Strava gran Fondo every month and 1 audax.

Tipoed over that last week, but didn't do a 100k last month and won't get an audax in. Moving house has taking up a lot of free time as it's in need of a lot of care. I was headed for 9,000 k end of September, but anything now is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Had 5000km target based on finishing up last year witn 4500km. Somehow I'm now at 7500 with a revised target now of 8k. Its getting colder now though - motivation is getting harder

I'll get my excuses in first - both my elderly parents have been unwell and hospitalised several times during the year so I was up and down the country a lot on my time off. I also committed to do a 1 year academic course at work which occupied much of my time doing assignments etc.

I'm well down on previous years and currently at around 14,500kms with 115,00m climbing. I had a disastrous October only managing 500kms while trying to shake a chest infection. Worryingly, I got into a bit of a negative rut, where the less I did, the less I wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm back on track for the past couple of weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭saccades

Good and bad.

At the 5th attempt i managed an imperial century (162km) in under 12 hours, xc mtb.
    Tried a4 racing, got dropped after a series of attacks, from a mixture of inexperience and lack of lung.
    Didn't lose any weight, but can now plank for 4 min (terrible power to weight ratio i know is holding me back)
    Just over 3k on the road from winter riding.
    Supported #1 child who got 2x mtb podiums (inc 1st), got the bug and now comes to spin classes with me to win more next year.
    Managed n+1 with say so from the fun police.

A good year, best fitness for 3 years and have enjoyed myself.

Oh, also a live badger and a night mtb spin too, made up with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭tnegun

That's impressive for just commuting rides.

About 22k each way so a good week will bag me 200k. Took on my first 100k recently and was a bit worried but the commuting stood to me and I got through it ok! The kids social and sporting lives make it hard to do any outside of commuting but some day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm on about 1750km out of an intended 2500.

Had a fairly lazy start to the year (I didn't cycle a lot last year and didn't really get going beyond one spin a month until April) Don't commute that often and when I do it's usually only 7km round trip. Haven't managed a single midweek evening spin due to work and the rest of the time was a lot of fluctuating months between 400-500 and very little.

Still hoping I can make the target though. I'm a bit fair weather so might depend on rain.

• Advertisement

Had set a target of 8,500 km and a Gran Fondo every month. Pretty much think i hit the Gran Fondo up to October. Currently just 128km off 9,000 km so that's creating a new challenge of hitting 10,000 km for the year :). Should be into the last 1,000 km by Monday morning..fingers and toes crossed.. 60's are the new 40s :)

Advertisement