Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Weepsie wrote: »
    Neglected to ad a highlight.

Girona. Had never been, but it's a cycling nirvana. Only had 2 days, could've spent 2 months there and not grown tired of it. My year had been soso til I went and it was a pleasure to be there.

Have you posted any details about this elsewhere? Amn't looking to clog up this thread... we're looking for a destination for September and this is on the possibles list...

rushfan wrote: »
    Slightly better than last year, however 2 house moves & a renovation with all that that entails meant that I was involved in selecting all sorts of stuff on days when I would have otherwise been out.

2 house moves, a renovation and a baby arriving in July are my main excuses :pac:

So I came up 83km short of my 6,000km goal, which had already been revised down from 6,500km.
    I'm alright with that though, I left the bike in Dublin when I headed down the country for Christmas rather than annoy myself about a target that's fairly meaningless. Am hoping a break will do me good.

Sticking with 6,500km for this year and at least have more specific goals to aim for which I hope will see me easily exceed that target, gran fondo per month, Orwell Randonnee, Wicklow 200 and more yet tbd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

3Gp7mDq.jpg

A close-up of where most of my 11,002km took place in 2019. Regular Tuesday and Thursday club spins from Swords must account for about 70% of the the total. Didn't think I was going to make 10k back in March following five weeks off the bike after a crash. Highlights for the year included my tenth Hospice Cycle, this one from Santander to Santiago back in June and guiding on Paris2Nice in September.

Roll on 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Forgot Highlights...
    Liege Bastogne Liege was a highlight, despite the consequences. It was type 2 fun on the day that was in it, not helped by some mechanical issues, but longest ever ride (distance and time), most elevation in a ride, hardest ever day. Definitely proud to have finished it given the issues I had, and the weather. I was also my first time at a pro monument.

Discovering Gravel Riding properly in general, and the Lakelander as a specific event. I'll be back at the Lakelander (and the Galway/ 3G's one that's popped up on the CI Calendar), and the Dirty Reiver is my main travel event for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Back to the commute this morning. There were a fair few cyclists out. I saw one lad all decked out in new gear and a bike, he was cycling very cagily. He must be new to the commute. God bless him, give him a few weeks and he'll have the 1000 yard stare and not trust a single other road user in the extreme sport that is commuting in Dublin.

I want to do 5000 km this year. I do 120 km every week commuting but i want to do the Croi Cycle around the Corrib and the 100km version of the Great Dublin Cycle too.

I got to my revised goal of 4000 km last year, which was all well and good because we had a baby in the middle of the year. She'll be nine months shortly and i aim to bring her out on a few spins around quieter roads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Have you posted any details about this elsewhere? Amn't looking to clog up this thread... we're looking for a destination for September and this is on the possibles list...

I spent 3 weeks there with the family over the summer and loved it. Some feedback on the thread below or ask away

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057960654

-Question for ye. Garmin tells me how many activities, kms and calories I dispensed with last year but not metres climbed. What's the easiest way to get it to spit that out at me?

It's ok I found it.

212 activites for me last year, 9300km, 141000m climbing.

Dunno if I've ever managed 10,000 km but from November to April I do a lot of turbo or rollers, avg 2-3 a week, which registers as 0km, cos I don't have it set up.

Girona a highlight for me for definite, as was the Nico Roche and Gilbert autumn spin. That was awesome.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Will we do a new thread for 2020 goals?

dahat wrote: »
    Will we do a new thread for 2020 goals?

Yep I think we should.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Advertisement