Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's you're Yearly goals coming along???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

6400km and 45000m elevation. Already surpassed last year's totals but I fear the broken elbow has cost me the 10000km goal for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭coddlesangers

This thread makes me feel inferior...just about to get to 1000km for the year to day, but 13,000m of up up up. I did spend the best part of 3 months out of action with a broken shoulder, so gonna push on to see can I double the distance between now and Dec!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

daragh_ wrote: »
    My main goal this year was to place or win in a Vets Road Race. Didn't get a win but I had a lot of fun trying and I did considerably better than last year. Went by in a flash.

Didn't do the Race Around Ireland this year so my distance is down a lot. And a change in jobs saw me driving to a lot of races which also cut down the kms.

The rest of the year will be spent messing about at CX races, training for next year and trying not to eat everything in sight.

my main goal was to win a medal at the Vets Nationals. disappointing end to my season. now i've a winter of discontent ahead. i've already put on weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    my main goal was to win a medal at the Vets Nationals. disappointing end to my season. now i've a winter of discontent ahead. i've already put on weight.

My entire racing 'career' has been about learning to live with disappointment.

It's all motivation in the end - I'll try and be disgruntled on the Turbo rather than taking it out on a block of cheese :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just shy of 4600km for the year so far, so should comfortably make my target of 5200km

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ratracer

ratracer wrote: »
    I just knew I shouldn’t have bothered reading this thread.....it just confirms I’m a lazy bawlaxe!!

Only 1250km done this year, I’ll be lucky to get 3k done I’d say.

I have another 1000k done since this post, so not too shambolic, will look to get to 3,500 km by the end of year now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Wont match last years 7500km I dont think.
    Currently at around 4650ish, 64.5k m/elev, finished July with 4000km on the button and said I'd be happy to average 400km a month after that and finish on 6000km. 100000m elev would be nice but I've no idea what it'll take to get that in terms of the distance.
    Deffo improved early in the year but last month or two since the Etape has been a struggle, lots of stuff going on outside cycling has worn me out. Im getting worse as the year progresses and a rest from cycling would probably do me no harm in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Have a goal of 20,000kms with 150,000m elevation.

Currently at 8,761kms with 74,250 elevation.
    Now at 14,500kms with 135,000m elevation so 500kms and 30,000m ahead of target at this point.

(EDIT: Just see now that my Veloviewer stats in my sig are different - 14,811kms with 137,579m. Not sure why they differ from Strava as they take their info from Strava.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Now at 14,500kms with 135,000m elevation so 500kms and 30,000m ahead of target at this point.

..... and I thought I was having a good year! Very impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

rushfan wrote:
    Slightly north of 1,700km, aiming for between 4k and 4.5k. Heading away in a week so won't be adding much til mid July. Had an appalling May & June last year due to illness, much better this year thankfully. And we're not even half way there.

At 2630km atm, should exceed last year's measly 3150km. Still, onwards and onwards.

• Advertisement

Have a goal of 20,000kms with 150,000m elevation.....
    Passed the elevation goal today with 10 weeks to spare. :)

reLi8n9h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭delynet

Wow, 126,328km of cycling

Where was that 2,320m climb?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    At 2200km now... 5k will be a stretch

2900.. just about on track for 5k, should have started before June

delynet wrote: »
    Wow, 126,328km of cycling..
    That's only since joining Strava. Now if only we could get all the rides from the pre Strava days!
    delynet wrote:
    Where was that 2,320m climb?
    El Teide, Tenerife.

https://www.strava.com/segments/11692544

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Went through 12,000km and 160,000mts today which was my initial target for the year .... gone back to college part-time so that's going to slow down now! Still, should reach 14,000km and 180,000mts ok!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have only done 130km in the last four weeks, what with being on holidays and other commitments. currently at just over 4,400km so should make my target of 5k without fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Should reach 4k by the end of the year, currently on 2600km, not bad considering I only really started in May and had a couple of mechanical set backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

Went through 10,000 km today target achieved 😠91,000 climbing might try for 100k 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

At 4361km of 5000km target as things stand. I'll be hitting the trails more in coming weeks - both because I'm fed up of the standard of driving I'm experiencing, and also I'm more inclined to go out for a couple of hours on the mountain bike in weather that I wimp out of on the road. That'll slow my progress a bit, but I should make it comfortably enough, baring injury or (another) crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

10,000 km the target, 7,913km now, a bit on the back foot but hopefully doable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

secman wrote: »
    Just edged over 5,000 km on Tuesday, should be near enough to 5,500 km at end of Sept, fingers crossed, so , well on target for 6,000 for the year after a bad start in Jan Feb.

Hit the 6,000 km target at the weekend, happy days, no commuting km. Hopefully will hit 7,000 km for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    2900.. just about on track for 5k, should have started before June

3300 currently... with 9 weeks left I should hit 5k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

5400km now with 75000m ascent, with 5 months to go I hit 4000 and said Id be happy to avg 400 a month for rest of the year and finish on 6000. So 300 a month needed now, will drop like a stone now the clocks have gone back, not much if any weekday spins.
    7500 last year with 91000m ascent, so 6000 will be a bit of a dropoff, should manage 80000m ascent.
    Having a cold/sore throat right now wont help!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was hoping for 5k this year, passed it on the cycle home this evening. only 37km climbing, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

was hoping for 5k this year, passed it on the cycle home this evening. only 37km climbing, though.

I'd have passed my 6k target today but I'd to stay home with a sick child! tomorrow should sort that, would like to hit 6.5k for the year now but don't see it happening with all that December entails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Since my records started on 1st January 2012, I have cycled 98,399 kms with 693,879 metres elevation.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ofthelord

Hi All - I just noticed this tread and think it will be a good idea if I set some goals at the start of 2019.

I have never yet set myself yearly goals for cycling, and think I might benefit from them next year. You can't beat a target/challenge for some motivation!

My year to date numbers are 3950km cycled with just over 60k metres elevation gain. That's from 101 cycles, so the average spins are not very long (I plan on being strict on getting in more longer cycles next year).

Since the end of summer I have started cycling on trails/fire roads and find the lack of traffic to be a big positive, and really enjoying exploring extra sections of the routes that I'd usually go running around.

I hope to pass 4500km before the year end, and then kick on and try beat that next year.
    Hopefully setting some goals will get me out cycling more in 2019. I do like the hills so will be looking to get as close to 100k metres climbed next year, luckily I live in Wicklow so I've no shortage of hills around!
    All solo cycling to date, might look into joining a club also sometime in the near future(if any will have me, and if I can find any close).

I read a lot of the treads in the cycling forum and have never really posted very much, so apologies of the above is overkill!

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Since my records started on 1st January 2012, I have cycled 98,399 kms with 693,879 metres elevation.
    Just out of interest where did you get the overall elevation figure (since joining Strava?) I can only get the overall distance, longest ride and biggest climb but not the total elevation.

BTW - we joined at almost the same time. I joined at the end of December 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Just out of interest where did you get the overall elevation figure (since joining Strava?) I can only get the overall distance, longest ride and biggest climb but not the total elevation.

BTW - we joined at almost the same time. I joined at the end of December 2011.

I don't use Strava.
    I got my figures from Garmin Connect.

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't use Strava.
    I got my figures from Garmin Connect.
    Oops! - me and my assumptions! :o

Advertisement