Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Yeah possibly, it’s strange this one, it’s bizarre that you would just leave the van with traces of dna etc and then cycle, not even have a second car, is pigeon house road a particularly quiet road? The time as well with people traveling to work greatly increases the chances of being identified, could be a complete amateur too

He could have cycled to a place he knew a car was parked or was waiting for him, I doubt he made the complete remainder of his getaway on a bicycle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

The girl (Katie's friend) that he shacked up with is 30. Not sure where you heard this "barely legal" nonsense

Thats only his latest bit of fluff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

tomofson wrote: »
    Could be a foreign gunman
    Was cycling off to get a ferry ?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Fcukin cyclists

The poor deceased was a cyclist RIP, Bray Wheelers and the IVCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Bray is an absolute kip these days, not surprised

Ah come on thats a bit of a generalisation. Bray is not the worst, but you do need to be careful of the Fassaroe, Palermo and White City areas. Most of Bray is sound and the seafront is quite tidy now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Very strange indeed, it didn't even look like there was an attempt to burn it out from the pictures I've seen.

This is quite odd. Wondering if this hit was more of a personal issue than a professional job. Any remotely professional hitman would have torched that van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Why are the Kinahans allowed to be involved in the promotion of boxing?

Isn't there some sort of global rule stating that known criminals can't hold a promoter's licence.

Think this was used to tackle the problem with boxing and the mob in the States.

None of the Kinahans are officially involved with MTK anymore and they don't hold a promoters licence. What can boxings governing bodies do about it if it's only a suspicion ?

BTW, the IBU have informed them that none of their shows will be sanctioned again in this country (south of the border)
    ……...boxing as a whole is gangster centred and is applauded.

…..

Maybe it is where you come from but not where I'm from and not in the vast majority of clubs around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

thebull85 wrote: »
    Thats only his latest bit of fluff.

You charmer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

Berserker wrote: »
    This is quite odd. Wondering if this hit was more of a personal issue than a professional job. Any remotely professional hitman would have torched that van.

Looks very amateurish and Taylor was the target in a personal grudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Inquitus wrote: »
    The poor deceased was a cyclist RIP, Bray Wheelers and the IVCA.

Presume so it was a case of mistaken identity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Yep, the deceased was not the intended target, it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

As per the media, wrong place, wrong time, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Driving all the way from Bray to Rimgsend in the single getaway vehicle, a van, and then leaving it on a bike without burning out the van? Killing an innocent man and not killing the intended target! Possibly lone gunman acting alone. If it was the Hutches you'd expect at least a couple of lads and cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

None of the Kinahans are officially involved with MTK anymore and they don't hold a promoters licence. What can boxings governing bodies do about it if it's only a suspicion ?

BTW, the IBU have informed them that none of their shows will be sanctioned again in this country (south of the border)

It's not a suspicion, they still run the mtk brand abelt at a distance, their blood money is still being launder threw it, only a blind man couldn't see it.
    Maybe it is where you come from but not where I'm from and not in the vast majority of clubs around the country.

I stand by what I said, Irish boxing and boxing in general is gangster oriented and is a disgrace country wide worldwide, sugar coat it all you want, it's for the kids, it keeps them occupied, Ireland won medals in boxing, my bollix, and the IBA couldn't give a feck, money talks no matter where it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

It's not a suspicion, they still run the mtk brand abelt at a distance, their blood money is still being launder threw it, only a blind man couldn't see it.

I stand by what I said, Irish boxing and boxing in general is gangster oriented and is a disgrace country wide worldwide, sugar coat it all you want, it's for the kids, it keeps them occupied, Ireland won medals in boxing, my bollix, and the IBA couldn't give a feck, money talks no matter where it came from.

'Seeing' it and proving it are two different things though. I'll refer you to Gerry Adams !!! :pac:

I'll stand by what I said as well - for the vast majority of clubs in this country (and others) there is no money, no gangsters, no criminality. Yes, it's there in some places but that's a very small minority. What you're claiming is akin to saying that all Irish are thick drunken Paddys, all Muslims are bombers or all Yanks are fat b*** 88*. The reality isn't always the same as the illusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Amalgam wrote: »
    Oh boy.. I can see discussions over the lease/further use/occupancy being umm.. 'interesting'

They will sell it off for cents to the euro, they have form for doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

So from looking online it appears that one of the mtk boxers being coached by Taylor was managed by Daniel Kinahan back in 2015 you’ll see here http://www.irish-boxing.com/friendship-war-words-erupts-big-sexy-big-rogie/

Also a separate article in the independent mentions that Taylor said he was coaching the mtk boxers for ‘’free’’ sounds like he was up to his neck in it with the Kinahans.

And so now it’s looking highly likely that the chap killed today was completely innocent. Unreal if another innocent has been murdered as part of this feud, these hitmen are idiots they must be out of their head to just spray bullets and hit random people. It’s looking like a total amateur hit as A. They didn’t hit their target, B. Didn’t torch the getaway car C. Cycle off in a populated area in rush hour morning commute time, cops already must have intel on look of killer if they can say he cycled off from van at 8.05 either witness or cctv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

'Seeing' it and proving it are two different things though. I'll refer you to Gerry Adams !!! :pac:

Hi you leave Adams out of this if you still want to have both your knees :)
    I'll stand by what I said as well - for the vast majority of clubs in this country (and others) there is no money, no gangsters, no criminality. Yes, it's there in some places but that's a very small minority. What you're claiming is akin to saying that all Irish are thick drunken Paddys, all Muslims are bombers or all Yanks are fat b*** 88*. The reality isn't always the same as the illusion.

1, All Irish ARE thick drunken Paddys.

2, Muslims, ARE a sound bunch of lads!

3,Yanks ARE fat b*** 88*.

Name some Irish boxing clubs that aren't gangster centred or full of ex hardened criminals, a way to rope in impressional youths under the guise of Irish boxing, it's a disgrace and so are the IBA.

Another thing if it's brays boxing club why are "meet the kinahan"(mtk) boxers being trained there, it should belong to the people of bray because of local bray funding not Pete Taylor's boxing gym as I'm hearing all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I do realise that the police cannot be everywhere at once. But realistically they are reactive, not proactive anywhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Name some Irish boxing clubs that aren't gangster centred or full of ex hardened criminals, a way to rope in impressional youths under the guise of Irish boxing, it's a disgrace and so are the IBA.

Another thing if it's brays boxing club why are "meet the kinahan"(mtk) boxers being trained there, it should belong to the people of bray because of local bray funding not Pete Taylor's boxing gym as I'm hearing all day.

We'll call a truce here by admitting you are both somewhat wrong and somewhat right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Early indications suggest this attack could be linked to a side business Taylor is a part of. Sources said that Taylor had fallen out with a local criminal who he had befriended in recent years.

Detectives are also probing the operation of a convicted killer who has now started to operate in the drug trade locally. The man is also believed to be involved in a violent debt collection business.

source : http://www.thejournal.ie/pete-taylor-shooting-2-4054387-Jun2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

I do realise that the police cannot be everywhere at once. But realistically they are reactive, not proactive anywhere now.

Whats that you say about not being proactive ?

http://www.thejournal.ie/arrests-gangland-dublin-3896257-Mar2018/

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2657545/two-men-linked-kinahans-arrested-east-wall/

That last 1 was literally 3 days ago.

Mr Jinx wrote: »

Yes in fairness the Gardai have been really proactive in getting on top of this feud, if they were reactive the death toll in this feud would be well over thirty, I’m amazed the success they’ve had, great surveillance or an informant, as they’ve foiled so many hits and seized huge amounts of cash and drugs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Not that killing anyone is okay BTW, but killing innocent people, hope that ****er is haunted for the rest of his life, knowing he took an innocent man away from his family.

If this was ordered, I am guessing he is fúcked. Innocent person killed, car left more than likely with some trace of DNA fingerprints, one little bit of something left behind, leaving on a bicycle next to a toll bridge, traffic cameras, many CCTV cameras in the area, plenty of witnesses. Then leaving on a bicycle, someone cycling that route to work will remember something, I know it's weird but cycling in and out of work each day, you notice people who don't fit in, maybe cycling to work first time etc.. or just don't look right.

The guy might as well hand himself over before he is next, someone's not gonna be happy with this.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Not that killing anyone is okay BTW, but killing innocent people, hope that ****er is haunted for the rest of his life, knowing he took an innocent man away from his family.

If this was ordered, I am guessing he is fúcked. Innocent person killed, car left more than likely with some trace of DNA fingerprints, one little bit of something left behind, leaving on a bicycle next to a toll bridge, traffic cameras, many CCTV cameras in the area, plenty of witnesses. Then leaving on a bicycle, someone cycling that route to work will remember something, I know it's weird but cycling in and out of work each day, you notice people who don't fit in, maybe cycling to work first time etc.. or just don't look right.

The guy might as well hand himself over before he is next, someone's not gonna be happy with this.

Absolutely if this was ordered this guy is in trouble he made a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

The Gardas did me for speeding at the weekend thats where the resources are, going after decent people while the scumbags roam free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

According to the Journal there could be a number of reasons somebody might have targetted Pete Taylor.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/pete-taylor-shooting-2-4054387-Jun2018/
    Early indications suggest this attack could be linked to a side business Taylor is a part of. Sources said that Taylor had fallen out with a local criminal who he had befriended in recent years.
    There is no suggestion Pete Taylor is involved in any form of criminality.
    Gardaí will also investigate if this shooting is anything to do with the Kinahan/Hutch feud. Taylor has previously trained boxers linked to MTK Global, a boxing management company part-founded by notorious drug trafficker Daniel Kinahan. A statement released by MTK earlier this year said it had “cut all ties with Mr Kinahan in February 2017″.
    Gardaí had been carrying out surveillance on a number of people they suspected of moving significant quantities of cocaine across north Wicklow and south Dublin.
    Detectives are also probing the operation of a convicted killer who has now started to operate in the drug trade locally. The man is also believed to be involved in a violent debt collection business.
    There is also no suggestion that anyone present at the time of the shooting was, in any way, involved in any form of criminal activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Drimnagh boxing club , produced that notorious thug Michael Carruth and Smith borough in Monaghan produced another infamous thug Barry McGuigan.

I'm fond of my boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Dr Brown wrote: »
    The Gardas did me speeding at the weekend thats where the resources are, going after decent people while the scumbags roam free.

Scum roam free because the court system is a shambles, that's not the fault of the Garda. You speeding at the weekend is your own fault and you got caught!

People need to start asking local TDs why there are serious criminals roaming around freely, and why the local bollix is able to rack up his 390th conviction without penalty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement