Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Because mentioning Taylor gets more clicks and sells more papers....

Even still, have any top politicians denounced the killing?
    Where's the Garda Commissioner?
    I think we all turn a blind eye when gang members take each other out, but this is the real fear, and it's been realised.
    An innocent member of our society has been gunned down - the war on these gangs has to be upped savagely.
    That could have been my Dad / Son / brother...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone find it odd that we're not hearing too much about the innocent man killed?

Nearly all the papers are about Taylor being the target - but very little about the guy who was killed.
    The news last night mentioned Gardai didn't know of him previously, so I presume he was not involved in any gang related activities?

If this is the case, there doesn't seem to be a big outcry at the death of an innocent bystander.

Even this thread title says 3 seriously injured ......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think we all turn a blind eye when gang members take each other out, but this is the real fear, and it's been realised.
    An innocent member of our society has been gunned down - the war on these gangs has to be upped savagely.

It's not a nice answer but maybe the fact that the unfortunate man was working out in a Gym, that was so closely associated with a criminal gang, has altered the way a lot of people react. Almost a case of guilty by association.

I certainly think that has a part to play. As well as the fact that there's a "celebrity" involved obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Anyone find it odd that we're not hearing too much about the innocent man killed?

Nearly all the papers are about Taylor being the target - but very little about the guy who was killed.
    The news last night mentioned Gardai didn't know of him previously, so I presume he was not involved in any gang related activities?

If this is the case, there doesn't seem to be a big outcry at the death of an innocent bystander.

Don't you know? The lives of famous people are more important. /s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm from Bray and I was thinking about that poor man and his family all day yesterday - I absolutely cannot imagine how shocking this all must be for them.

It's just unbelievable that an ordinary person could get shot and murdered while doing something so ordinary as going to the gym.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

Gonna be very difficult for the Garda Comissioner to discuss this...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

B0jangles wrote: »
    I'm from Bray and I was thinking about that poor man and his family all day yesterday - I absolutely cannot imagine how shocking this all must be for them.

It's just unbelievable that an ordinary person could get shot and murdered while doing something so ordinary as going to the gym.

:(

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dr Brown wrote: »
    The Gardas did me for speeding at the weekend thats where the resources are, going after decent people while the scumbags roam free.

Don't play the victim card there unless you were not actually speeding. You selfishly broke the law, put others in danger and got caught for it; you deserve the fine and penalty points coming your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

Has anyone else heard about a connection between that gym and drug dealing?

josip wrote: »

The Monk has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A few articles refer to him as show below but I accept your point.

The Journal

Independent write plenty about him in this article

RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Yeah possibly, it’s strange this one, it’s bizarre that you would just leave the van with traces of dna etc and then cycle, not even have a second car, is pigeon house road a particularly quiet road? The time as well with people traveling to work greatly increases the chances of being identified, could be a complete amateur too

Do we have our first Green hitman?
    Inquitus wrote: »
    The poor deceased was a cyclist RIP, Bray Wheelers and the IVCA.

I wont hold that against the poor man.

But I have to say those fookers in that club think they own the roads of Wicklow and can be found hogging the roads up in the mountains.
    A pit they have links to Frank Duffs as I liked that pub.

As for Bray, it is like a lot of places, some good, some bad.
    There are very posh area and some dodgy areas.

The centre of the town is a bit of a kip now and a lot of business has gone from the main street.
    I guess it is like lot of places out of town shopping is now the thing.
    Bray has improved the seafront greatly over the last few years and the introduction of more good places to eat (Platform, Ocean, etc) have helped a lot in bringing people into the area.
    Bray used to have a problem where restaurants didn't really last.
    Campo de Fiori being the exception I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I've never found Bray remotely intimidating but have seen evidence of a poorer, chavier element to the town, were these resettled Dubs sent there in the 60's or something? Just seems an odd aspect to a place where a walk down the seafront and a pint in the Porterhouse is one of the best things about the DART line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "What it's like to live in Bray"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Billy86 wrote: »
    Don't play the victim card there unless you were not actually speeding. You selfishly broke the law, put others in danger and got caught for it; you deserve the fine and penalty points coming your way.

I didn't put anyone in danger I actually had to speed up overtake a group of cyclists.

I was doing 67km in a 60km zone.

The Gardas are just revenue collectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Billy86 wrote: »

I didn't put anyone in danger I actually had to speed up overtake a group of cyclists.

You just were unlucky to come across a pair of pricks. Most wouldnt pull you for doing that speed. Technically you were speeding tough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

So yes, you were putting those cyclists in danger and breaking the law in doing so and are now being held accountable for doing so. Like it or not, the laws apply to you too. If you don't like them, move to somewhere like Germany and you can rocket up and down stretches the Autobahn all day long.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107187897

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

<snip>

Mod note:Let's not go down that road, eh?

Buford T. Justice

Is a boxing trainer in Ireland a well paid job?
    Mustangs can't be cheap to own and run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is a boxing trainer in Ireland a well paid job?
    Mustangs can't be cheap to own and run

Obviously depends who you're training...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Did one of those cyclists hop out of a white van and have a gun shape bulge in his pants?

If yes, that was me. And the gun-shaped bulge was me willy after giving your missus a seeing to in the back of me van

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You just were unlucky to come across a pair of pricks. Most wouldnt pull you for doing that speed. Technically you were speeding tough

You had to go faster than 60 kph in order to overtake some cyclists? Lance Armstrong called, he wants to know what these guys were on and where can he get some!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You didn't have to speed up to overtake a group of cyclists. They'd have been doing a max or ~40kmph (more likely to have been 25-30kph) certainly no where near 60 unless you over took them on a downhill (if you overtook them on a downhill you should be getting hit with more than a speeding fine, dangerous driving and endangering others at the very least).

So why did you need to do 67 to overtake? You should never overtake cyclists at that speed, no matter what the speed limit on the road is. You slow down, move out and pass at a reasonable speed. Then you can speed up back to your speed target.

Stop making excuses and blaming the guards because you broke the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Lads ye do know this thread is about the shooting at the boxing club in Bray yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

You didn't have to speed up to overtake a group of cyclists. They'd have been doing a max or ~40kmph (more likely to have been 25-30kph) certainly no where near 60 unless you over took them on a downhill (if you overtook them on a downhill you should be getting hit with more than a speeding fine, dangerous driving and endangering others at the very least).

So why did you need to do 67 to overtake? You should never overtake cyclists at that speed, no matter what the speed limit on the road is. You slow down, move out and pass at a reasonable speed. Then you can speed up back to your speed target.

Stop making excuses and blaming the guards because you broke the law.

They were on racing bikes and doing at least 50km so I did need to speed up to over take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can a MOD please change the title of this thread to "Dr Brown got fined for speeding"

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

They were on racing bikes and doing at least 50km so I did need to speed up to over take them.

Or you could not have overtaken them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Terrible shame about the innocent man killed in this fiasco.

What kind of fcking country is this turning in to. The levels of outright degeneracy.

Tiny little rock producing multiple murders per week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I was caught doing 140 on the motorway.

Sure it wasn't my fault

Some dickhead in front of me was doing 130 and I had to speed up to overtake him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement