Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting at Bray Boxing Club, 1 killed, 2 seriously injured...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

GiftofGab wrote: »
    He was doing more than training these guys up. Got caught up in it all and was on their payroll. Brand new mustang to show for it too.
    So they say alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Brae100 wrote: »
    PR people: "Throw in a bit about god and prayers there to make it look like she wrote it."

I'd say her PR people were tearing their hair out every time a picture of Katie appeared with her father on the front page during the past few days! You couldn't blame them. It turns out that Pete Taylor seems to be quite the scumbag. The Gardaí have told him, apparently, that his life is still in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That statement from Katie was quite... cold and clinical I thought?

And to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

brooke 2 wrote: »
    And to the point.

The sense I got from it is sympathising with the family of the murder victim and clearly she wants nothing more to do with her father

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

GiftofGab wrote: »
    He was doing more than training these guys up. Got caught up in it all and was on their payroll. Brand new mustang to show for it too.

I wasn't aware of that side of it but i do remember him years ago in Bray having a bit of a reputation.

If it is true i don't see how the country council can leave a public amenity in the hands of someone who is caught up in this lifestyle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Brae100 wrote: »
    PR people: "Throw in a bit about god and prayers there to make it look like she wrote it."

Was about to ask if she is contractually obliged to mention god every time she speaks? Has she got a sponsorship deal with him??

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

I'd say her PR people were tearing their hair out every time a picture of Katie appeared with her father on the front page during the past few days! You couldn't blame them. It turns out that Pete Taylor seems to be quite the scumbag. The Gardaí have told him, apparently, that his life is still in danger.

They told him his life was in danger when he was in hospital after being shot. It is kind of obvious you are in danger if a bullet has hit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

I heard today that Pete came from England to work in the arcades in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Bit off topic but why hasn't Katie been speaking to him for three years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Did anyone else read Katie Taylors statement in her drone

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Calhoun wrote: »
    I wasn't aware of that side of it but i do remember him years ago in Bray having a bit of a reputation.

If it is true i don't see how the country council can leave a public amenity in the hands of someone who is caught up in this lifestyle.

Yes it’s going to have repercussions for him with his business but also once again for boxers aligned to mtk, they were already been given a wide berth this will put even more negative attention on them.

Looking at some of the boxers aligned to mtk there’s a serious bunch of shady characters, even look at paddy barnes, no problem aligning himself to kinahan and yesterday calling a female journalist a tramp for asking frampton to comment on the shooting, no respect for barnes, comes across as a total street thug. This MTK brand is bad news, Pete should have known better going near it but I’m sure they pay a lot better than coaching regular punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's a long shot but tomorrow I will put all posting about cycling on ignore list and see if I can follow this thread with out them.

The sense I got from it is sympathising with the family of the murder victim and clearly she wants nothing more to do with her father

yeah i missed that when i first read it but she did drop him there at the end. She dropped bray boxing too!

katie looks amazing as a fighter these days, good move leaving the country.

Yes it’s going to have repercussions for him with his business but also once again for boxers aligned to mtk, they were already been given a wide berth this will put even more negative attention on them.

Looking at some of the boxers aligned to mtk there’s a serious bunch of shady characters, even look at paddy barnes, no problem aligning himself to kinahan and yesterday calling a female journalist a tramp for asking frampton to comment on the shooting, no respect for barnes, comes across as a total street thug. This MTK brand is bad news, Pete should have known better going near it but I’m sure they pay a lot better than coaching regular punters.

i assume everyone has read the Ewan McKenna article from the indo? it's damning stuff. Definitely a money trail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

i assume everyone has read the Ewan McKenna article from the indo? it's damning stuff. Definitely a money trail.

Any link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Keep laughing, my friend. If it happened today, I'd have front and rear camera footage. There's a fair bet that the direction of the stream and the position and speed of the car would make the motorist's intent fairly clear.

When it happened the last time, I didn't have any camera running, but the Garda seemed to take it fairly seriously. I noted that the windscreen nozzle was pointing to the left, not at the windscreen, so that gave a fairly clear indication of intent. That and the fact that the car slowed when it came along side, and four young lads roared laughing at the time.

I guess the Gardai get lots of reports of crimes where the intent is not clear at the outset, but when the full story is pulled together, intent is fairly clear.

Does it make you feel big and clever to call cycling 'a pathetic mode of transport'? More people cycle in Dublin for their commute than come by Luas and DART combined. Is it still pathetic?
    http://irishcycle.com/2017/07/30/more-residents-commute-by-bicycle-than-by-luas-and-dart-in-dublin-city-and-suburbs/

Every thread is turned into a cycling issue with you. Were you the dirty **** that had a big snort and spat a load of phlegm over the back of my head in while he cycled past me in Terenure last week? Its assault. Garda have his DNA now.

You forgot to mention numbers using the bus which is higher. But you hate motor vehicles of all forms so it is understandable that you missed that statistic.

Anyway what has this to do with a shooting in Bray??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Yea, because they have to after he has been shot. Have you not been paying attention to the news when they're talking about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭runrun2

Katie must be pretty disgusted as well the way RTE and the media in general hardly ever filmed/covered her fights until she started making headway in the Olympics yet she already had European and world titles.

Yet I've never seen such media coverage for her in the past few days even though shes one of the most successful boxer and Olympians to come out of Ireland.

Total joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but why hasn't Katie been speaking to him for three years?

Really? He was shagging her friend and had a kid with her/left his wife....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Thats a very interesting article hadn’t read that before, what jumped out was the reference to the regency being a very strategic attack in terms of the damage it would do to Kinahans boxing brand, something he had worked very hard to build. Then their was the rebrand to mtk to dissociate from the legacy of the regency.

That’s what I saw in this particular shooting, as in strategy, an attack to weaken his new boxing brand by targeting a very high profile individual thus causing a media ****storm that could have repercussions internationally for mtk as they are already blacklisted in Ireland, the regency took care of that. If they can’t get at him directly they damage his boxing empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Thats a very interesting article hadn’t read that before, what jumped out was the reference to the regency being a very strategic attack in terms of the damage it would do to Kinahans boxing brand, something he had worked very hard to build. Then their was the rebrand to mtk to dissociate from the legacy of the regency.

That’s what I saw in this particular shooting, as in strategy, an attack to weaken his new boxing brand by targeting a very high profile individual thus causing a media ****storm that could have repercussions internationally for mtk as they are already blacklisted in Ireland, the regency took care of that. If they can’t get at him directly they damage his boxing empire.

they rebranded cos they were threatened to be sued by mgm media in america

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Thats quite a shame from Pete's perspective, i had a soft spot for the rags to riches type rise he had. I remember when he used to be on the doors down the seafront in Bray and lived in old court.

As for MTK, they should be avoided like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,264 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So it appears that Pete was the target of the attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭juno10353

No outcry indeed. A few private whatsapp messages between friends in another country however...

Unsure what you mean. Got derailed by cycling posts

While getting the same feeling I am surprised at the lack of sympathy for the man shot in legs......... or am I missing something.........

Jeff2 wrote:
    It's a long shot but tomorrow I will put all posting about cycling on ignore list and see if I can follow this thread with out them.

How can I do ignore too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Karen Brown seems to be wearing a fair bit of bling, wonder what's financing that?

8eb33d4a96.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Gardaí investigate history of getaway vehicle as lead on registration plates revealed
    GARDAI investigating the shooting at Bray Boxing Club are trying to establish the history of the getaway van used by the killer after information emerged that a similar vehicle with the same registration was written-off in the UK last year.

The van had Northern Irish registration plates that come from a vehicle fitting the description of the Caddy.

However, information obtained by the Herald shows that a silver VW Caddy with that registration was written-off by an insurance company last summer.

This means the van was either repaired and put back on the road or its registration number was used on false plates on a similar make, model and colour of van.

Gardai will try to match the vehicle identification number from the VW Caddy with the vehicle registered to that plate to establish if it was fitted with false plates or is indeed the same van that was written-off.

Going by the registration plates, the van was first registered on March 30, 2010 in the UK. It was sold in September of that year and had one owner since then.

However, on July 20 last year the vehicle was written-off by an insurance company after it was extensively damaged.

Records show it was a Category C write-off, meaning the insurer decided it was uneconomical to repair the damage

There was nothing stopping the owner repairing the vehicle and returning it to the road.

It did not appear damaged while parked on Pigeon House Road.

Gardai will establish if the vehicle was stolen or sold recently and what its movements have been in the past few weeks.

As no effort was made to burn it out, it could contain a wealth of potential forensic information that could help identify the gunman.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/bray-boxing-club-shooting-garda-investigate-history-of-getaway-vehicle-as-lead-on-registration-plates-revealed-36986258.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement