Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 12 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I was at electric picnic and it was driving me mental

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Looks like that gold master is out. It's a massive download. Does anybody know what the story is with the siri shortcut app? Has it been delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

running gold master, pretty smooth.

As for shortcuts I dont think its available here. people on the iosbeta reddit forum do have it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Shortcuts was a stand-alone app that you could sign up for the beta list for too. It’s actually worked on older versions of iOS with limited results. So it might be an App Store release on Monday. They did mention on stage it was part of the iOS 12 update, not ‘coming soon’ or anything like that.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Shortcuts was a stand-alone app that you could sign up for the beta list for too. It’s actually worked on older versions of iOS with limited results. So it might be an App Store release on Monday. They did mention on stage it was part of the iOS 12 update, not ‘coming soon’ or anything like that.
    Yeh here is hoping its in the App store Monday. I have seen it on videos showcasing the new phones. Unless it is possibly just for them.

• Advertisement

Yeh here is hoping its in the App store Monday. I have seen it on videos showcasing the new phones. Unless it is possibly just for them.
    No definitely not there is no reason Apple could argue to limit it to the newer hardware, it doesn’t require any special power or features to work. Also, they announced it with iOS 12 running on the older devices. My bets on it launching on Monday with iOS 12 with a ‘beta’ tag like portrait mode and Siri initially had.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Have they unblocked NFC access for developers yet?

Deviso wrote: »
    Have they unblocked NFC access for developers yet?
    I vaguely remember this being part of iOS 12 but only in limited cases. I could be wrong though.

Edit: scrolling through Twitter and came across this tweet so looks like it will support it in some fashion.
    https://twitter.com/balestrapatrick/status/1039976784866029569?s=21

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

running the GM since last night, zero issues so far, solid update.

Everyone who's waited for the official release will be delighted on Monday.

I’ve used betas in the past but didn’t get on this one, looking forward to Monday. How are people generally finding it now? I remember when it first dropped people were raving about how great a performance boost it was, and how solid it was. How is that holding up through the beta cycle?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's progressively got better with each beta IMO.

FaceID on iOS 11 was garbage, always hated it, and i once thought about selling my X due to it being so bad, but it's been flawless since iOS12.

Zero lag when switching apps, apps open almost instantly....no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

eeloe wrote: »
    It's progressively got better with each beta IMO.

FaceID on iOS 11 was garbage, always hated it, and i once thought about selling my X due to it being so bad, but it's been flawless since iOS12.

Zero lag when switching apps, apps open almost instantly....no issues.

100% agree with this. I was so disappointed when I got my X and iOS 11 was just as poor as my 7 was. iOS 12 is just like butter on the X (I've stolen that statement from some on here :) ).. No waiting for anything. It's awesome.

Anyone know what the story is with the Bluetooth icon? Is it gone for ever. Can’t seem to find anything solid online about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Anyone know what the story is with the Bluetooth icon? Is it gone for ever. Can’t seem to find anything solid online about it?

When you connect to a device it’s in the pull down menu from the top right, beside the battery %. That’s the only place I can see it. (If that’s what you mean).

When you connect to a device it’s in the pull down menu from the top right, beside the battery %. That’s the only place I can see it. (If that’s what you mean).
    Nope meant Top Bar. The logo used to appear when it’s on. Now it only shows if it’s paired. But not for low power devices. For example I don’t know if it’s on by looking at any screen when connected to my Mi Band. Unless I pull up. The Mi band does not even show up. Yet headphone do.

Basically no Bluetooth logo seems to appear on the bar at the top anymore. im guessing it’s a choice by Apple. As they would prefer Bluetooth on. All the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dubliniensis

Anyone know what time today iOS 12 is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone know what time today iOS 12 is released?

Usually 6pm GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

IOS 12 is out... Downloading onto my iPhone X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Started downloading on my iPhone 7 about 10 minutes ago. Cursing my slow as treacle down a glacier internet. And then I'll have to do it all again later on my iPad Pro.
    Really looking forward to this, however. I'll get there eventually. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Any idea how to get off the GM to the official? Tried to delete the profile and reboot but not got it yet. Is a reset the only way?

Edit: Just checked, appersntly it’s the same build so won’t be getting An update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Seems a lot snappier on my iPhone X already. Camera opens much quicker, Face ID seems to work better

Just completed the update. Very straightforward. The new Shortcuts app is a separate download from the App Store.

Seems a lot snappier on my iPhone X already. Camera opens much quicker, Face ID seems to work better

Camera seems much quicker!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

The new notification sorting is good

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

When will google maps appear for CarPlay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Kagawa wrote: »
    When will google maps appear for CarPlay?
    When google release it out of beta

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Any idea how to get off the GM to the official? Tried to delete the profile and reboot but not got it yet. Is a reset the only way?

Edit: Just checked, appersntly it’s the same build so won’t be getting An update.

Yes the GM version is the same as the released version so no need to worry. Had the betas all summer and it’s a good solid update whilst not being spectacular.

Much better than the buggy iOS 11.

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Speed seems to be the main thing.

Shortcuts seems like something that might be decent at some stage but isn't that useful now. Don't really give a feck about the new iMessage features seeing as nobody uses iMessage anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The new do not disturb thing allows you to set DND "until the morning". Where is "the morning" configured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Just finished installing a few minutes ago but can immediately notice how much snappier it is on my 7

Advertisement