Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 12 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Mr.S wrote: »
    eeloe wrote: »
    Well after installing yesterday, iOS12 is a game changer.

The grouped notifications are SAVAGE...but most importantly, the one thing i've hated about the iPhone X since day 1, was faceID being absolute rubbish, not any more, it works, flawlessly, every time.

FaceID works so much better on iOS12 that I thought it was broken and was just unlocking with any face!

Agreed. iOS has done well this time. Allllthough, it truly is just fixing iOS 11.. the FaceID/ Siri shortcuts should have been 11.5 or something... maybe I’m just being a moan

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

Has The GPS bug been fixed in Beta 2? Dying to try it but won’t do it unless GPS is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jomazuma

i have a 7 plus so i'll download onto the ipad first when the public beta is released

Jomazuma wrote: »
    i have a 7 plus so i'll download onto the ipad first when the public beta is released

It’s on public beta 2

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

On the Beta no issues, except Settings has a little red 1 alert on it that I can't seem to get rid of........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

that usually means theres an update available, are you on beta 1 or beta 2? if you're on beta 1, the red 1 means you can update top beta 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

that usually means theres an update available, are you on beta 1 or beta 2? if you're on beta 1, the red 1 means you can update top beta 2.

I also have it. On beta 2. There is no upgrade just a red ‘1’ badge you can’t get rid off. Hopefully it’s gone on beta 3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Devolper beta 4 is out

In settings it just says IOS 12.0 no beta, no version no nothing. It is working fine so I won't fiddle with it.

Public Beta 3 is up folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Public Beta 3 is up folks.

Badge is gone :)

installed this last night on my iPhone X, updated from beta 2.

Left it sitting beside me in bed while it was updating, picked it up when it was done and the phone was RED hot, which was a bit weird.

done a hard reboot, and it seemed to cool down, i'll keep an eye on it today

Done, no badge.

What’s this badge thing?
    Beta 2 (I think) had a permanent little red circle with a 1 on the top right of the settings icon, it was vaguely annoying.

This update is tremendous! The phone is smooth!! Animations everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

iOS 12 on my iphone x is amazing. Buttery smooth, no lag, animations are perfect. Love it!

iOS 12 on my iphone x is amazing. Buttery smooth, no lag, animations are perfect. Love it!

That puts it much better!! The only bug annoying me is the iMessages app options keep showing, no matter how often I hide them away.

Beta 4 is out

peteeeed wrote: »
    Beta 4 is out

Downloading it now

only got the option to install public beta 4 now.

anyone experiencing any issues?

• Advertisement

only got the option to install public beta 4 now.

anyone experiencing any issues?

Nope working smoothly for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed it last night (iPod Touch, 6th gen), not having tried the earlier versions. Apple's podcast quits straight away. No matter as I use Pockcast. Will see what the rest of it's like.

Beta 5 is out

Great! Was having a few issues on this beta which hopefully beta 5 fixes.

Anybody else not able to install it? Stuck on update requested for a while

Took a good while for me to be able to install it alright. Went through in the end.

Having some ‘heating issues’

Trying to work out exactly what’s happening at the time of the phone warming up before I report the issues tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Have this installed on an 8 Plus. It's definitely a very stable release, which makes sense as it's mostly under the hood fixes.

Like the new photo search intelligence, new Irish Siri accent and group notifications.

Still unable to install beta 5. Im at a loss for how to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Anyone got the beta on the 6? Hows the battery life? If theres a huge difference I probably wont bother getting the battery replaced as i'll probably be upgrading in the next year or so.

• Advertisement

Still unable to install beta 5. Im at a loss for how to update.

Just an update: Had to restore to iOS 11 and then update to beta 5 via the beta profile. Seems like its a common issue. Took a while but now can see how it goes

Advertisement