Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police release bodycam video capturing woman's violent beach arrest

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

http://www.iwai.ie/forum/read.php?1,59651,59659
    read that and then tell me the police in this country are up to scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

And not just that, but our football team too! Look!!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/racehorse-trainer-fenton-convicted-in-animal-steroids-case-293753.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

If you want to swap stories we can. It's easy enough to find great examples of police work in the last few months. Multiple shootings prevented. Burglars rounded up. Murderers caught. The Gardaí aren't ****, there simply isn't enough of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

You have to be 21 to drink, you can't drink on a beach or face possible arrest but it's fine to walk around carrying a visible handgun or in some cases a massive rifle on your back.
    America truly is the satirical show that never stops giving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lets assume you're right. You may well be. But whats your point? Does that make it alright then?

Judging by the misogynistic drivel that poster is spouting, he probably had a jolly good **** over that video.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Judging by the misogynistic drivel that poster is spouting, he probably had a jolly good **** over that video.
    Perve , You that is .:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I don't understand much of that sentence to be honest.

an yet you felt the need to respond to it

strange that ...............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Grayson wrote: »
    that sounds like someone who should be repeatedly punched in the face. is that what you're saying?

because if it's not, then I have no idea why you posted that.

sounds like some one who has a preexisting problem with the police , or in this case any authority figures

just because you dont understand it doesn't mean its not relevant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

She was put on probation for 4 years, I would guess that she knew she was in trouble, if so, being written up would mean she broke her probation and that scared her. It wasn't fear of the police, but fear of the repercussions.

Grayson wrote: »
    that sounds like someone who should be repeatedly punched in the face. is that what you're saying?

because if it's not, then I have no idea why you posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

If you want to swap stories we can. It's easy enough to find great examples of police work in the last few months. Multiple shootings prevented. Burglars rounded up. Murderers caught. The Gardaí aren't ****, there simply isn't enough of them.

Its also easy enough to find plenty of policing scandals over the last few months. Maybe the truth is somewhere in between they are all useless and they are all amazing.

Friends of mine J1ed in Wildwood and I heard plenty of horror stories about the power tripping local rent a cops. Total morons by all accounts.

This was a classic contempt of cop case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

steddyeddy wrote: »
    There's one like that in Bray. Absolute scumbag who threatens to arrest people who he feels don't respect him. That's most people who aren't important to him. Same fella is shagging the wives/girlfriends of two of his colleagues.

I don't understand how the gaurds don't care that a scumbag like this give them a bad image.

They do. But it's not the members of the same rank who have to sort this, it's management, and ask any Guard, that's where the problem is. I used to hate being lumped into the same bracket as the thugs in uniforms, but I was, even though I was the most relaxed, chilled Garda you could meet. Doesn't matter to some people, just because I was wearing the uniform meant I was a corrupt scumbag. Funny considering it was mostly the actual scumbags who were calling me that...
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    well there is opinions and then there is the truth isnt there https://nypost.com/2018/05/29/mayor-cops-who-punched-beachgoer-were-doing-their-job/

Some more of the real story comes out. People are still debating the legality of the arrest, but we still don't know the whole story. Can people stop assuming x or y and wait until all the evidence comes to light? Yes, there was no need for the rent-a-cop to punch her, that's a no brainer. But none of us can comment on the legality of the arrest, as we still don't have the whole story. And we won't until it has been dealt with. Hopefully they'll release the body cam footage and we can see exactly what happened then. At that stage, feel free to judge.
    Do they ever turn up? The police in this country are pure s h i t e the only people they want to prosecute are victims of the ridiculous drink driving laws.

And you'd be one of the first people to ring if the local scrotes in your area start picking on you. You know what? Just don't ever ring them. Don't break the law and you'll never have to deal with them. How's that? I think that would work out great for everyone involved...

And what's ridiculous about the drink driving laws? You're drunk and you're driving, you're getting arrested. Seems fairly straight forward and acceptable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

COProphilia

Advertisement