Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police release bodycam video capturing woman's violent beach arrest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

If a cop can't restrain a 7 stone woman easily he shouldn't be a ****ing cop.

Again, you know this how?

You don't. In fact I doubt you ever had a physical confrontation in your life, never mind having to restrain someone and arrest them without knocking them unconscious or seriously hurting them, which is the easier option of course.

Best you get back to playing Dungeons and Dragons with the other pseudo experts before you get really found out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If a cop can't restrain a 7 stone woman easily he shouldn't be a ****ing cop.

Why? Your average female cop cant restrain a 14st man. Should they be allowed to be Police Officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Could have been worse. She could have been black.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

markodaly wrote: »

You don't. In fact I doubt you ever had a physical confrontation in your life, never mind having to restrain someone and arrest them without knocking them unconscious or seriously hurting them, which is the easier option of course.

Best you get back to playing Dungeons and Dragons with the other pseudo experts before you get really found out here.

Several years of Brazilian jiu-jitsu experience, boxed and practiced karate as a kid, I've been punched a few times. I as a very average BJJ player could restrain most people without hurting them or me. A cop who part of their job is to restrain people (for various reasons) should be able to do the same.

It's incredibly easy to restrain a resisting, untrained person.

Don't have time to play D&D unfortunately, too busy trying not to get malaria at the moment.

You'd best get back to trying to defend sociopaths who assault and batter petite women because they tell them to **** off.

Why? Your average female cop cant restrain a 14st man. Should they be allowed to be Police Officers?

If your average female cop can't easily restrain a 7ston young woman, she shouldn't be a cop.

The whataboutery here is idiocy.

Cops should be trained to be able to do their job without resorting to physically assaulting people who pose absolutely no threat to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Several years of Brazilian jiu-jitsu experience, boxed and practiced karate as a kid, I've been punched a few times. I as a very average BJJ player could restrain most people without hurting them or me. A cop who part of their job is to restrain people (for various reasons) should be able to do the same.

It's incredibly easy to restrain a resisting, untrained person.

Don't have time to play D&D unfortunately, too busy trying not to get malaria at the moment.

You'd best get back to trying to defend sociopaths who assault and batter petite women because they tell them to **** off.

So you have never had to restrain someone who does not wish to be restrained?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

markodaly wrote: »

Haha, might be a good idea to check out a poster's history first before calling them out

So you have never had to restrain someone who does not wish to be restrained?

Yes.

It's pretty easy when you know what you're doing, especially if they're half your weight.

And people who I train with can do the same to me because they're more experienced or better than i am.

Yes.

It's pretty easy when you know what you're doing, especially if they're half your weight.

I don't think you have much experience to be honest. If you had any experience you'd know that someone of any weight can resist being restrained. Not through strength or body weight but by sheer stubbornness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

. If you had any experience you'd know that someone of any weight can resist being restrained.

Nonsense, just pick them up and put them back down again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

The USA is a very strange country you can't legally drink alcohol until your 21 but join the army absolutely no problem,owning a gun no problem either but god help anyone purchase alcohol.

I don't think you have much experience to be honest. If you had any experience you'd know that someone of any weight can resist being restrained. Not through strength or body weight but by sheer stubbornness.

And anyone with basic training can take them down and control them, easily.

And anyone with basic training can take them down and control them, easily.

That's just incorrect. Maybe in a gym with an instructor on a rubber mat but in real life people can resist a hold a lot harder and getting cuffs on them is even harder again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

I'll say this much.

After see loads of teenagers drinking on a beach near me over the last week and leaving glass bottles and other rubbish scattered all over the beach, its an awful pity that some "excessive force" isnt used here in these situations.

That's just incorrect. Maybe in a gym with an instructor on a rubber mat but in real life people can resist a hold a lot harder and getting cuffs on them is even harder again.

Sona full grown man needs to beat the ****e out of a tiny young woman to restrain her and he's justified because she pushed him when he tried to wrongfully arrest her?

Get the boat. You literally haven't a clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

On one hand I think she was being an idiot. She was rude and not cooperating. I heard he wasn't punching her in the head but in the arms to cuff her? I didn't see the original video though so he probably was.

Don't think he needed to pull her hair or pinch her though. The size of her! And her child was there too

PandaPoo wrote: »
    On one hand I think she was being an idiot. She was rude and not cooperating. I heard he wasn't punching her in the head but in the arms to cuff her? I didn't see the original video though so he probably was.

Don't think he needed to pull her hair or pinch her though. The size of her! And her child was there too

He was hammer fisting her in the head and neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

BPKS wrote: »
    I'll say this much.

After see loads of teenagers drinking on a beach near me over the last week and leaving glass bottles and other rubbish scattered all over the beach, its an awful pity that some "excessive force" isnt used here in these situations.

The council need to put out some bins and clean the beach like normal civilised countries :

It'd be a job for someone, and it'd sort the place out

But they won't do that because ......"'them young wans aren't paying us rates and if we clean it up they'll only use it"

Sona full grown man needs to beat the ****e out of a tiny young woman to restrain her and he's justified because she pushed him when he tried to wrongfully arrest her?

Can you show me where I said that? I said it's not always easy to restrain people who don't want to be restrained even if you are trained to do so and outweigh them.

Get the boat. You literally haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Tell yourself that if it makes you feel better. And if you ever have to restrain someone outside a controlled setting I hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

She resisted arrest. Game over.

You and the dweebs who upvoted you are scary.

The arrest was illegal. There was no probable cause to believe the woman had committed an offence for which she could be legally arrested. She did not even have to submit to the brethalyzer test and would have been within her rights to refuse. Nor is there any legal requirement for her to give them her name.

The pretend-a-cops should have just walked away.
    For example, in New York it’s a misdemeanor to intentionally prevent a police officer “from effecting an authorized arrest.” (N.Y. Penal Law § 205.30.) In that state, an arrest is “authorized” if the police have probable cause to believe that the suspect has broken the law, even if the suspect actually hasn’t.

Her resisting arrest was legal because they had no probable cause, particularly having got a 0 reading on the breathalyzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

99% of the time I’d be on the side of the cops, but those guys were fcuking nazis on a power trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Can’t Spanish Police give you a slap across the face if you are being aggressive and mouthy . They certainly could in the past .

I saw a documentary where this Physically big woman ( reasonably physically fit looking ) was giving the Spanish Police an earful in a mouthy aggressive manner .

The Policeman just slapped her across the face . You have never heard a mouthy woman shut her mouth so fast . The documentary maker made it clear that the Police Officer was perfectly allowed to do this under Spanish law . Beware the Spanish Police they are not to be messed with .

I don’t know if Spanish Police are still allowed to do this or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

This is yet another example of why law enforcement officers should all be wearing body cams. In this situation, the body cam video, coupled with bystander phone video will do a great job when that thug and his police force are sued until they bleed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

He was a 'Special Police Officer Class II' (which is better than a Special Police Officer Class I but not as good as plain 'Police Officer'), hired for the summer season. This is partly why the US had so much trouble in Abu Ghraib etc. Amateurs/Reservists being given too much power.

2012-12-02_amateurs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

He was a 'Special Police Officer Class II' (which is better than a Special Police Officer Class I but not as good as plain 'Police Officer'), hired for the summer season. This is partly why the US had so much trouble in Abu Ghraib etc. Amateurs/Reservists being given too much power.

2012-12-02_amateurs.png

Too much power and not enough training. He should have been trained to call for a "proper" police officer as soon as he could no longer deal with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mrtestosterone

weisses wrote: »
    Rotterdam last night

hit a cop and you are in trouble ... No mercy

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7443549/6bd88998/gelijke_monniken,_gelijke_klappen.html

I would have slaughtered the cop even if this resulted in my own demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Too much power and not enough training. He should have been trained to call for a "proper" police officer as soon as he could no longer deal with her.

He had no right to be 'dealing' with her in the first place. The only thing there was any evidence of her consuming was a packet of fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

blinding wrote: »
    Can’t Spanish Police give you a slap across the face if you are being aggressive and mouthy . They certainly could in the past .

I saw a documentary where this Physically big woman ( reasonably physically fit looking ) was giving the Spanish Police an earful in a mouthy aggressive manner .

The Policeman just slapped her across the face . You have never heard a mouthy woman shut her mouth so fast . The documentary maker made it clear that the Police Officer was perfectly allowed to do this under Spanish law . Beware the Spanish Police they are not to be messed with .

I don’t know if Spanish Police are still allowed to do this or not .

Well they were literally fascists until relatively recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

If this was a video of little Damo from Ballymun, attacking and racially abusing a guarda on Dollymount beach.

You would all be praising the guard for hitting the little scrote and demanding capital punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

weisses wrote: »
    Rotterdam last night

hit a cop and you are in trouble ... No mercy

https://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7443549/6bd88998/gelijke_monniken,_gelijke_klappen.html

I would have slaughtered the cop even if this resulted in my own demise.

Great user name!!!

Kinda feel sorry for the women in the videos....but if you're not smart enough to realise your probably on hiding to nothing getting of the wrong side of a police..... well the videos speak for themselves.

Tl;dr. Yes guard,no guard,three bags full guard.

Advertisement