Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ballygunner not getting it there own way here

Dessie Hutchinson playing great again really hope he makes it in the Waterford panel

Ballygunner need the first few scores in the 2nd half borrislleigh playing well and still in this game

Ballysaggart 2 points down about 10 mins left

Hard luck to Ballysaggart beaten 2-15-0-17 by Fr O Neil's

Great year for and club and hoping they make a good impact in the senior ranks in 2020

Bollocks

Ballygunners heads are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

Barry O’Sullivan goal, 1-10 to 1-9 ahead badly needed score for the gunners. 10 left

• Advertisement

Bollocks

Ballygunner way to slow getting the ball up and cocky during the week. That's a great chance gone now and they may never recover

Congrats to Borrislleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Shame that club hurling has to be played in such slob.

Guess Ballygunner didn't just have to turn up after all

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Poor on the day and Borris worked harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Conditions were shocking wouldn't be hard on them, Borrisoleigh won the battle of attrition. Brendan Maher is amazing, deserves days like these.

Ref was very poor I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Conditions were shocking wouldn't be hard on them, Borrisoleigh won the battle of attrition. Brendan Maher is amazing, deserves days like these.

Ref was very poor I thought.

What was wrong with the refereeing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭blue note

I wouldn't agree with the frees they got for their last 2 points to be honest. Very harsh I thought on the 2nd and the first I thought was going to go the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5948ai

Very harsh calls against ballygunner at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭blueflame

Ref was poor - Ballygunner had to work much harder for their frees all day - last throw ball was an absolute joke of an effort and the step count for the second last free was about 10 - pity day was so bad but no shame in losing that game and nothing to do with cockiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Who came on for Pauric Mahony after half time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Bollocks

Ballygunner way to slow getting the ball up and cocky during the week. That's a great chance gone now and they may never recover

Congrats to Borrislleigh

Sorry now but who was cocky? They may never recover will you cop on boy. Sometimes teams are bet by teams that work harder and get rub of the green on the day. Borriseleigh tackled well and stopped them getting the ball to the inside forwards in the second half.never recover is some bollix too, that's the 3 or 4th time losing a game in nearly six years. Chance missed out no doubt but even for someone as negative as yourself to say a team like this might never recover is even crazier than your usual comments. Hopefully someone will challenge them in Waterford next year because it must be weary for any club to be going constantly every year. Fair play to borris loved there fight and battling and got the scores in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Bollocks

Congrats to Borrislleigh

And how do you know that Ballygunner were cocky.
    Did you meet some of their players during the week.
    Or are you just making it up.
    I doubt they were cocky at all. They are a fairly well grounded bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ballygunner are massive under achievers for a club there size

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

I'm also intrigued as to how Ballygunner were cocky...will you explain yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭Motivator

Dissappinting from Ballygunner today. Conditions were awful but both teams had to deal with them. I don’t know what your man is talking about Ballygunner being cocky, a more humble and grounded group of lads you could not meet and they’ve always been that way down through the years. Poor enough comment from a chap that we’ve all come to learn speaks nothing but trash week in week out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deiselurker

Tough conditions for a game which probably didn't suit Ballygunner as it turned into a battle in the rain. Fair play to Borrisoleigh as they played well in 2nd half. Brendan Maher really came into it in 2nd half with one inspirational point from play and a good few frees. Ref wasn't great as seemed to ignore blatant fouls and then blow for technical fouls.
    Ballysaggart beaten as well today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Barry coughlan back in the Waterford panel

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I thought Paddy Leavy was very good for them today. Still needs to fill out physically as he's only 18 or so but showed great heart to win a lot of dirty ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

IanVW wrote: »
    Barry coughlan back in the Waterford panel

Is that a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Ballygunner are massive under achievers for a club there size

Again, More trash talk. Like Bgunner had a divine right to win that game yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

Is that a joke?

No?

Heard a number of people saying Ballygunner would win this game pulling up and there was lots of talk of a Ballygunner vs Ballyhale final

Disappointing way to end the year but that's club hurling. Still have St Mary's in the junior final on the 8th December

Hopefully the league fixtures will be out next week and really looking forward to it. Hopefully a few new faces on the team and in the panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

Heard a number of people saying Ballygunner would win this game pulling up and there was lots of talk of a Ballygunner vs Ballyhale final
    Seen as you stated Ballygunner were cocky,
    which of the Ballygunner players said that?

Seen as you stated Ballygunner were cocky,
    which of the Ballygunner players said that?

didnt mean the players were cocky, meant some fans were getting ahead of themselves a bit

like most of the time wasant thinking when i was typing out the response just after the game. Disapointed as this was a golden chance for history for Ballygunner and Waterford hurling. Not too be sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

For me, Ballygunners game plan has been found out again on the big day. Their inside line (Dessie in particular) work space incredibly well. However, the lack of any ball winners in the half forward line is killing them. Once pressure is applied to there defenders they are not able to by pass their half forward line with pin point deliveries.

On a side note, phenomenal display from Brendan Maher. What a player he is considering the injury he sustained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

Ballygunnar playing that style of Hurling in the p!ssing rain in the mud was too ambitious.

It was a day for nothing fancy and Dogs of war and Borris played that big man game well.

Borris is a small village of 1000 people, it just serves as a lesson to clubs in Waterford that if the right things are done, no matter how small the resources, you can take on the might of Ballygunnar.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement