Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BlueFox90

I think the noises coming from Cahill and the camp seem to be the right ones. I think any team he will select will be selected on merit as he has no prior allegiances to Waterford. Will be interesting to see the panel selection when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

BlueFox90 wrote: »
    I think the noises coming from Cahill and the camp seem to be the right ones. I think any team he will select will be selected on merit as he has no prior allegiances to Waterford. Will be interesting to see the panel selection when its released.

I imagine the Ballygunner and Ballysaggart lads will be back in time for the start of the league and will be left out for the Munster league ???

Anyone playing for St Mary's have a chance of getting into the waterford panel

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine the Ballygunner and Ballysaggart lads will be back in time for the start of the league and will be left out for the Munster league ???

Anyone playing for St Mary's have a chance of getting into the waterford panel

I was wondering if Cahill will be secretly happy the clubs lost as he’ll have the panel together sooner to sort out who he likes and build a new team spirit from the start. I would be if I was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I was wondering if Cahill will be secretly happy the clubs lost as he’ll have the panel together sooner to sort out who he likes and build a new team spirit from the start. I would be if I was him.

Not really as much of an issue now with the revised club calender and players coming back on a high with medals in their pockets would surely mitigate the extra 7 weeks or so. The old Paddy's day final was always a problem alright in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Another high profile name gone off the panel. Dropped himself apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭IanVW

cul beag wrote: »

Who?

Hope its not Aussie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Hope its not Aussie

I do like how your first thought is always the most positive one!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I do like how your first thought is always the most positive one!

It was just a guess

Hopefully whatever player it was, it was just a spur at the moment thing with little thought and they will be back in the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Thank you for sharing this useful information.

• Advertisement

Older player? First teamer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Hope its not Aussie

Do you ever spend even a second to think before you post?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Older player? First teamer?
    Moran ,possibly/hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭conor05

I presume Dessie Hutchinson will be called into the Waterford panel?

He’s not the biggest but his pace, touch and striking is exceptional for a lad who played mostly soccer.

Is he any relation to JJ and Wayne Hutchinson?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Relhcstirt

conor05 wrote: »

He’s not the biggest but his pace, touch and striking is exceptional for a lad who played mostly soccer.

Brother

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

I'd suggest that what's most impressive about him is his movement. Last year I felt our full forward line seemed intent on running out when looking for a pass which meant they gained possession around the 45 or so rather than closer in. His movement brings him across the line more so he's still in the scoring zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Youngest brother of the 2 lads.

He didn't lick it off a stone either, he was a serious underage talent - won a Tony Forristal in 2010 and was a huge loss to Waterford hurling when he left to go playing soccer. His performances have been no surprise to those that remember him from his underage days.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Shane Bennett is the player in question. Not committing currently, hopefully he might reconsider after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cork game in Munster league moved to 2pm Sunday 29 December in dungarvan

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Shane Bennett is the player in question. Not committing currently, hopefully he might reconsider after Christmas.

Pity

Would Dessie Hutchinson take his position do u say ?

• Advertisement

A real shame as he has so much potential. I was hoping Cahill would make a midfielder out of him. He already took a year out so I suppose if he's not willing to commit then fair enough, Very soon after the Ballysaggart loss to be announcing that though. Maybe he does just need few weeks off to rest and think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

I'd say Cahill is well aware and behind the call. Probably told to get the injury sorted and report back when injury has cleared up. A lot of miles/injuries on the chap for such a young age.
    This board is some craic for jumping to conclusions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Gardner wrote: »
    I'd say Cahill is well aware and behind the call. Probably told to get the injury sorted and report back when injury has cleared up. A lot of miles/injuries on the chap for such a young age.

That's exactly what you're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Gardner wrote: »

Jumping to conclusions... The lad actually told me this himself. It is very soon after what was probably an emotional defeat, maybe he can be talked around.
    As an aside, it’s gas how you can credit Cahill with giving him a rest whereas if a player opted out during Fannings reign it was seen as the players revolting... touch of double standards.

heard Dessie Hutchinson wont be committing to Waterford

Going to College in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Jumping to conclusions... The lad actually told me this himself. It is very soon after what was probably an emotional defeat, maybe he can be talked around.
    As an aside, it’s gas how you can credit Cahill with giving him a rest whereas if a player opted out during Fannings reign it was seen as the players revolting... touch of double standards.

Sure what are we supposed to do on here but speculate and jump to conclusions, unfortunately not all of us have first hand access to player's thought processes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

heard Dessie Hutchinson wont be committing to Waterford

Going to College in Dublin

What would that have to do with anything?

It's a positive to see Fraher Field being used to host a neutral Munster senior club football game

• Advertisement

Will we go for the league again or just experiment

Top 3 in 2020 to reach the knockout stages (1st into semis with 2nd/3rd in each group facing off in the QFs)

A 4th/5th finish will mean were done and dusted on the 1st March and then dont play til the 10th May. Surely we should be beating Westmeath and not end up finishing 6th

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement