Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Colm Parkinson's podcast. He was critical of the defensive approach McGrath brought in on the back of a defeat, possibly the Munster Final against Tipp in Limerick.

He was also on that tv show to bizarrely say he was interested in applying for the job after the players saying they didn't want him and he said he would walk away.

Your knit picking now, Ryan was asked questions and he answered them whole heartedly like the man he is. He gave a similar opinion to everyone elses about McGeaths style of play. As for the interview you’re talking about the emotion was still raw after being shafted by the players, he was shockingly badly treated and probably said in jest he wouldn’t rule out going for the job again.

6 years down the line and we’re still blaming managers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

A fixation with managers in this County like no other. Even to the point where the CB was criticized for the appointment of the current Waterford football manager, the good candidate for a job less than nobody would want.

But then a lot of it is personal be it Whelan, McGrath, Ryan etc. It's pathetic at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

SW1985 wrote: »
    McGrath had everyone you can think of taking shots at his tactics throughout his tenure.

His tactics were exposed as futile and highly limited in a munster final vs tipp in limerick

Yet he continued with them irregardless for years afterwards??

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

If I buy a ticket on tickets.ie, do I need to print it or will they accept email of ticket on phone when going through turnstiles at Walsh Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DeiseDawg

Terrace tickets.
    1 west terrace and 1 north terrace for sale, if anybody looking p.m me. I'm in city if it makes contact handier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

If I buy a ticket on tickets.ie, do I need to print it or will they accept email of ticket on phone when going through turnstiles at Walsh Park?

Phone is fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Is Brick still expected to start tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Fanning comes across to me as a guy who doesn't like to be criticized and would take no ****e from anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Is Brick still expected to start tomorrow?

He wasn't named on the team last night so not looking likely. I would suspect that he was named as a starter for the printing of the programme which is where all the rumours started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Has shane bennett walked off the panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Best of luck to both teams today, hopefully some big performances, the crowd really getting behind the teams and two victories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best of luck to both teams today, hopefully some big performances, the crowd really getting behind the teams and two victories.

Yep heres hoping they get a win. It will be tough. Talking to a couple of mates from Limerick, they are saying the feeling in Limerick is that they are expecting a big win. Hopefully they are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭lim4ev

alta stare wrote: »
    Yep heres hoping they get a win. It will be tough. Talking to a couple of mates from Limerick, they are saying the feeling in Limerick is that they are expecting a big win. Hopefully they are wrong.

Not from my big circle of hurling friends all in the city we're nervous of today and Waterford will be a formidable opposition but if our energy levels are where they were we'd be v hopeful of a win

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Nobody overconfident that iv met in Limerick. Everyone expects a big Waterford performance and I think Limerick might shade it in a tough tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,539 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some limerick crowd in the ground early on

Best of luck too both teams today

Do or die but what a challenge we have. Hard too believe the 2019 season is almost over for us if things dont go right today (possibly even if they do we could still lose out)

Anyway hoping for a win today and great atmosphere. Heading up now

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

KevIRL wrote: »
    Some limerick crowd in the ground early on

That's typical Limerick..its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

FT Munster minor hurling championship

Waterford 0-11 Limerick 0-11

Table as it stands

Cork 3 points after 2 matches
    Clare 2 points after 1 match
    Limerick 2 points after 2 matches
    Tipp 2 points after 2 matches
    Waterford 1 point after 3 matches

Clare v Tipp at 2 today

Hard luck too the minors but at least it's a point on the board and lads deserve it for all the effort

Big wind here atm which will be a factor. Looks like we will be outnumbered at home embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

4 points down now 26 mins gone playing with a strong wind. This looks bad

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Deskjockey wrote:
    4 points down now 26 mins gone playing with a strong wind. This looks bad

Why is it we never get tight to opposing players. The amount of space we give other teams is crazy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

You would be sick of this negative ****. Playing with a gale and hardly anyone playing as a forward. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Pure brainless hurling, driving mad ball into one forward against three backs. Brainless

Limerick have been class. Waterford look like they don't know what is going on. Players started with heart and vigour but neither seem to be there now.

Cant see them over coming this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Something seriously wrong with the players attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Something seriously wrong with the players attitude.

Maybe our players are just not good enough

It looked like u14s v u12s there at times there in the first half

Hopefully Waterford can salvage something here in the second half but it's not looking good

****ing ****e after a decent start we fell apart and have it all to do in the 2nd half

Theres no plan or shape. Dont think the players believe in this management and the CB need too step in

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Playing sweepers with the wind and driving the ball down on a 4 v 2 forward line. WTF is going on. Clueless management.
    Waterford need to go back to the basics of hurling.

Id bet there is some finger pointing going on in the dressing room now.

Ken Mcgrath just said it looks like the players downed tools....i think he is right. I cant see the management lasting too long after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Take no prisoners

Worst half of hurling since Munster final Vs Tipp in 2016. Effort is gone completely. This breeze is worth a rake of points too. There'll be none amount of sliotars going into the gardens behind the east terrace.
    Can see this getting very ugly unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement