Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

You're so unoriginal.

I know you are, but what am I.

Just to come down to you're level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

gw80 wrote: »
    White supremacist or european identity organisation?. Some people see a difference.

Nah when you’re hinging people’s belonging to a place on their skin colour it’s racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

dsaint1 wrote: »
    He was reporting on child rape gangs....don't be afraid to name it. If there were gangs in your town raping your kids wouldn't you like to know about it or would you tell the reporter to "stop acting the bollix"?

there were reporting restrictions in place around the trial in relation to that gang to protect the victims. stephen yaxley-lennon breached those restrictions, putting that trial at risk of collapse. he was warned to stop reporting, and he continued to report. therefore he was jailed.
    i agree britain is verging on being a police state now and has been for some time, but lennon's jailing does not fit into this given he breached a rule that exists in all western countries.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

I don't think it would be in the interests of the authorities for him to be murdered. I'd just be interested to see the numbers at his funeral, probably thousands of people attending from all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

there were reporting restrictions in place around the trial in relation to that gang to protect the victims. stephen yaxley-lennon breached those restrictions, putting that trial at risk of collapse. he was warned to stop reporting, and he continued to report. therefore he was jailed.
    i agree britain is verging on being a police state now and has been for some time, but lennon's jailing does not fit into this given he breached a rule that exists in all western countries.

Interesting that the sikh reporter said worse about the case last year, and there was a mob outside all shouting 'pedos' at the accused at the courthouse too. None of them convicted. I agree he's done himself here, stupidly. The sentence is crazy you would agree?

But like you I think there is a police state getting underway in the UK. On top of that you have the corruption of the police and social services in these cases + the even higher up corruption at the top of the justice system and the political system on child abuse. The common tactic is to 'find' something on anyone speaking out, like the social worker in Rochdale or Rotherham (can't remember), who spoke up and they went after her threatening jail, the whistleblowers in the police who were warned what would happen to them and it all unfolded precisely as said.

Tommy Robinson said they would make him disappear from social media, and he would be put away, possibly killed. That video taken down by youtube. I doubt people's analysis that he 'wants to become a martyr' given what has happened to him in prison before. And now there is this transfer which could actually be for his safety, but let me say based on the demonstrable corruption of the police force on so many levels, and their bias against Tommy Robinson and anyone speaking about these abuses, I am not going to take their word that it's all as straightforward as 'upholding the law'.

• Advertisement

Wasn’t hard to “find” Tommy in contempt of court and breaching the conditions of his suspended sentence when he was outside a courthouse beaming himself across Facebook in the process of jeopardising the conviction of a load of nonces.

I think the idea that he was “set up” here is more than a tad fanciful; anytime he’s ended up banged up inside it’s because he was scrapping or committing fraud. It wasn’t the Deep State that made him attack a cop or travel on a false passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭dsaint1

Yes, but all the information on the gang was already in the public domain. The list of the defendants were on the courts website.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Wasn’t hard to “find” Tommy in contempt of court and breaching the conditions of his suspended sentence when he was outside a courthouse beaming himself across Facebook in the process of jeopardising the conviction of a load of nonces.

I think the idea that he was “set up” here is more than a tad fanciful; anytime he’s ended up banged up inside it’s because he was scrapping or committing fraud. It wasn’t the Deep State that made him attack a cop or travel on a false passport.

Well in fairness he was said to have 'attacked a cop' and the charges were dropped when video revealed he bumped into a cop while jumping a railing to take an ISIS flag from a muslim protestor.

I just wonder why people who did the exact same thing as Tommy (the one that got him his supsended sentence) didn't get prosecuted , given how important it is to make sure the trials aren't prejudiced and their crimes were on youtube too. From the way they have handled Tommy you'd expect a zero tolerance. But it seems like he gets extra attention and sentencing.

Look I agree he should give them nothing but as I say it doesn't preclude there being a bias against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Are you accusing someone in this thread of being a racist?

Well spotted.

Well in fairness he was said to have 'attacked a cop' and the charges were dropped when video revealed he bumped into a cop while jumping a railing to take an ISIS flag from a muslim protestor.

I just wonder why people who did the exact same thing as Tommy (the one that got him his supsended sentence) didn't get prosecuted , given how important it is to make sure the trials aren't prejudiced and their crimes were on youtube too. From the way they have handled Tommy you'd expect a zero tolerance. But it seems like he gets extra attention and sentencing.

Look I agree he should give them nothing but as I say it doesn't preclude there being a bias against him.

I’m referring to the year he served in jail for beating up an off-duty cop when he was in Luton. Now, I actually couldn’t give a toss about Robinson’s criminal record - I’m just pointing out that he ends up jailed for crimes he wilfully commits like fraud and assault, not for his “beliefs”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well spotted.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Interesting that the sikh reporter said worse about the case last year, and there was a mob outside all shouting 'pedos' at the accused at the courthouse too. None of them convicted.

i don't know the details of that specific case so can't ultimately comment on it unfortunately. but yes it does seem strange that this reporter wasn't sanctioned by the court at face value.
    I agree he's done himself here, stupidly. The sentence is crazy you would agree?

i probably would agree tbh. unless such a sentence is common for the specific breach and is handed out regularly when such breaches occur.
    But like you I think there is a police state getting underway in the UK. On top of that you have the corruption of the police and social services in these cases + the even higher up corruption at the top of the justice system and the political system on child abuse.

i absolutely agree.
    The common tactic is to 'find' something on anyone speaking out, like the social worker in Rochdale or Rotherham (can't remember), who spoke up and they went after her threatening jail, the whistleblowers in the police who were warned what would happen to them and it all unfolded precisely as said.

again i would agree with this. there is no doubt that british social services and police engage in trying to shut down anyone who speaks out against corruption within those entities. however in saying that, tommy definitely doesn't do himself any favours and he usually brings any trouble he gets on himself.
    Tommy Robinson said they would make him disappear from social media, and he would be put away, possibly killed. That video taken down by youtube. I doubt people's analysis that he 'wants to become a martyr' given what has happened to him in prison before. And now there is this transfer which could actually be for his safety, but let me say based on the demonstrable corruption of the police force on so many levels, and their bias against Tommy Robinson and anyone speaking about these abuses, I am not going to take their word that it's all as straightforward as 'upholding the law'.

and that's fair enough. i can completely understand why you feel that way.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

Who?

This is one of those situations where you don't even have to use your imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a massive racist cunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Taytoland wrote: »
    I don't think it would be in the interests of the authorities for him to be murdered. I'd just be interested to see the numbers at his funeral, probably thousands of people attending from all over.

First, dont be hysterical. There are 85k people in UK prisons in 2016 and 3 muders. This was
    considered an unacceptably high number but is still statistically very small. This isn't Oz.

Secondly, if we were to entertain this odious hypothetical, in a country with 65 million people I daresay they would be able to cobble together "probably thousands". Even if you allow for .1% of the population to be racist idiots, thats 65K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jooksavage wrote: »
    First, dont be hysterical.
    If you're familiar with some of Taytoland's old accounts, you'll know that's not happening. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The definition of projection.

'Senior member' of English Defence League jailed for sexually abusing 10-year-old girl.

Leigh McMillan, 46, groomed his 10-year-old victim with cigarettes and drugs before subjecting her to a “spiral of sexual abuse” during the mid-1990s, jurors at the Old Bailey heard.

Perhaps Tommy should be looking closer to home for the bogeymen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Blaas4life

Hope Not Hate also accused fellow EDL members of attempting to cover up McMillan’s abuse.
    Be interesting to see if they could back this assertion up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A one off case vs the systematic abuse of 100"s of girls by mainly Pakistani Muslim men across the UK , you are clutching at straws now Captain!

A one off case vs the systematic abuse of 100"s of girls by mainly Pakistani Muslim men across the UK , you are clutching at straws now Captain!

I would consider the accusation that EDL members worked to cover it up very serious if true though??

There no better than the Muslims and the police what turned a blind eye to it for too long and these allegations need answering??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Blaas4life wrote: »
    I would consider the accusation that EDL members worked to cover it up very serious if true though??

There no better than the Muslims and the police what turned a blind eye to it for too long and these allegations need answering??
    Not when it comes from hope not hate crowd suggest you read Mark Humphries piece about them http://markhumphrys.com/hope.not.hate.html

Not when it comes from hope not hate crowd suggest you read Mark Humphries piece about them http://markhumphrys.com/hope.not.hate.html

I have never said they are any good and hope they back up their accusation

But nonetheless I don't see why your dismissing quite a serious accusation because yous don't like who's making it....

is this any different to those dismissing about Muslim paedophile because they don't like Tommy Robinson....surely you can see the rather obvious similarities there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

How do you know it's one off and that they haven't covered up plenty more? And if they were knowingly harboring a pedophile, how much do they actually care about the children at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Jesus, you guys really don't give a **** about any victims.

Jesus, you guys really don't give a **** about any victims.

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Here is another one:
    Nazi thug who chanted 'Allah is a paedo' is exposed as child sex pervert

Also, rather odd that Yaxley-Lennon and his fan club on here ignore crimes committed by other groups:

Church of England downplayed extent of child abuse allegations to protect its reputation, report finds

It seems to me that the fan club don't so much care about the crimes being committed, but rather using it for a racist agenda, where they choose to ignore or down play similar crimes carried out by other groups, to make it look like its only there targeted group is committing such crimes.

Its pretty clear that such poster don't care about the victims and are using them as a prop for there racism. A common tactic used by racists is to take the worst members of a group to smear a group as a whole, and then when someone points that fact, out they will say that those pointing that out don't care about the victims.

IMO, if your using victims of horrible crimes as a prop for your racism, that is pretty disgusting that is pretty much the MO of the Yaxley-Lennon fan club, who I will note have refused to condemn Yaxley-Lennon actions, which could have derailed trials of the accused (and could still derail those trials), as there racism is far more important to them, than justice being served.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wonder which gives people a bigger buzz. Calling people racists or typing out Yaxley-Lennon.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wonder which gives people a bigger buzz. Calling people racists or typing out Yaxley-Lennon.

They probably refer to notorious racist Muhammad Ali as Cassius Clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Omackeral wrote: »

Its the mans name......... He didn't bother to change it.

As for refusing to cower to far right political correctness, where we can't call a bloody spade a spade. No apologies there, will keep triggering the usual suspects by stating the bloody obvious.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Here is another one:
    Nazi thug who chanted 'Allah is a paedo' is exposed as child sex pervert

Also, rather odd that Yaxley-Lennon and his fan club on here ignore crimes committed by other groups:

Church of England downplayed extent of child abuse allegations to protect its reputation, report finds

It seems to me that the fan club don't so much care about the crimes being committed, but rather using it for a racist agenda, where they choose to ignore or down play similar crimes carried out by other groups, to make it look like its only there targeted group is committing such crimes.

Its pretty clear that such poster don't care about the victims and are using them as a prop for there racism. A common tactic used by racists is to take the worst members of a group to smear a group as a whole, and then when someone points that fact, out they will say that those pointing that out don't care about the victims.

IMO, if your using victims of horrible crimes as a prop for your racism, that is pretty disgusting that is pretty much the MO of the Yaxley-Lennon fan club, who I will note have refused to condemn Yaxley-Lennon actions, which could have derailed trials of the accused (and could still derail those trials), as there racism is far more important to them, than justice being served.

Catholic church here and the church of england could hardly be lower in my estimation and I don't think I'm alone. If you started a thread specifically about that wouldn't you find it strange if people felt the need to point out muslim grooming gangs are bad too and you obviously don't care about them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement