Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I never said majority of Kerry people are corrupt or stupid etc etc Please quote where I said that?

Read again, its a question.

Why, in your opinion, is MHR so popular in Kerry, is it a flaw in the voters knowledge/understanding/morals what do you think it is ?

It must be something ?

EDIT: It must be the voters fault, who else can be to blame ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Why, in your opinion, is MHR so popular in Kerry, is it a flaw in the voters knowledge/understanding/morals what do you think it is ?

It must be something ?

EDIT: It must be the voters fault, who else can be to blame ?

You continue to ask question but seem incapable of answering so fairly pointless answering for you to ask another mundane question

Plus, no everyone’s doesn’t have a different opinion. Have a look at the Dail the next time, it’s full of TD.....some not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The logical conclusion to your argument is that you think the majority of Kerry people are corrupt, stupid, etc etc... How else could MHR be so popular and support be so long lived ?

Is that your view ?

People re-elected Brian Crowley even though he never showed up to do his job in Europe.

People re-elected Beverley Flynn even after it was known she was facilitating tax evasion; and then tried to get out of paying legal costs of over €1m of to RTÉ.

People (still!) vote for Michael Lowry, despite the Moriarty Tribunal! And subsequent court cases, showing he had literally taken money from their pockets (which is exactly what someone engaging in tax fraud does).

It's only in the last generation or two that people have stopped voting the same way their parents did.

People vote for politicians for stupid reasons and/or out of misplaced loyalty, all the time. In some places more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

People re-elected Brian Crowley even though he never showed up to do his job in Europe.

People re-elected Beverley Flynn even after it was known she was facilitating tax evasion; and then tried to get out of paying legal costs of over €1m of to RTÉ.

People (still!) vote for Michael Lowry, despite the Moriarty Tribunal! And subsequent court cases, showing he had literally taken money from their pockets (which is exactly what someone engaging in tax fraud does).

It's only in the last generation or two that people have stopped voting the same way their parents did.

People vote for politicians for stupid reasons and/or out of misplaced loyalty, all the time. In some places more than others.

I thought Brian Crowley couldn’t attend meetings due to ill health AFTER his re-election in 2014.
    But I could be mistaken.
    Great man to sing a rock song at a party by the way.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,026 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I thought Brian Crowley couldn’t attend meetings due to ill health AFTER his re-election in 2014.
    But I could be mistaken.
    Great man to sing a rock song at a party by the way.

Stopped attending in 2013. Never voted from 2014 to 2019. Didn't see a need to resign.

Stopped attending in 2013. Never voted from 2014 to 2019. Didn't see a need to resign.
    I bow to your superior knowledge sir with the caveat that your original post re his attendance
    record is somewhat misleading.
    I might add that I wouldn’t consider non attendance due to serious health reasons in the same league as say Dara Murphy’s record in the Dail whilst claiming wages and expenses for another political job as well.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

You continue to ask question but seem incapable of answering so fairly pointless answering for you to ask another mundane question

Plus, no everyone’s doesn’t have a different opinion. Have a look at the Dail the next time, it’s full of TD.....some not so much

I think you might have a future in politics, you never answered a single question and your posts a mumbo jumbo.

I think you might have a future in politics, you never answered a single question and your posts a mumbo jumbo.

Looks like drunken gobbledegook, much the same as the rest of his inane ramblings.

Has anyone here read the MHR book yet ?

• Advertisement

Looks like drunken gobbledegook, much the same as the rest of his inane ramblings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC9RANyNI9c49mpARsuYkQQ65hC5nslCUjOA_Bg1QNyelbp7xw8Q&s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

if the healy rae really wanted to do something constructive and think national then they should consider how the legal profession works, especially as we see a lot of insurance companies pulling away from Ireland due to compo culture... listening to Today FM a few days ago when Charlie Weston was covering car insurance .. he pointed squarely at the legal profession for driving up costs... not the actual claims... putting something constructive on the legal profession would take time and is something that adds value to all the nation....when they do something like this they will have credibility other than their current 'fixing' medical cards issues, renewing olanning and organising work for their machinery therough their 'hard work' at funerals

Bellview wrote: »
    if the healy rae really wanted to do something constructive and think national then they should consider how the legal profession works, especially as we see a lot of insurance companies pulling away from Ireland due to compo culture... listening to Today FM a few days ago when Charlie Weston was covering car insurance .. he pointed squarely at the legal profession for driving up costs... not the actual claims... putting something constructive on the legal profession would take time and is something that adds value to all the nation....when they do something like this they will have credibility other than their current 'fixing' medical cards issues, renewing olanning and organising work for their machinery therough their 'hard work' at funerals

Okeydokey.

Maybe better done by TD Alan Farrell seeing hes fighting his own whiplash claim after the judge said his injury was too minor.

That’s for those “smart alecs” in Dublin to work on

Roads to be fixed in Kerry

Maybe better done by TD Alan Farrell seeing hes fighting his own whiplash claim after the judge said his injury was too minor.

Still does not answer why don’t the Healy Rae take on legal profession... although lately theyhave required the professions support to try sort out a disagreement at a chip van

That’s for those “smart alecs” in Dublin to work on

Roads to be fixed in Kerry

Plenty smart Alec in kerry as well.. but your reply would fit well as a Healy Rae quote.. someone else problem

Still does not answer why don’t the Healy Rae take on legal profession... although lately theyhave required the professions support to try sort out a disagreement at a chip van

I've no doubt that if some of the 30,000 plus that voted them in voiced concerns they would take action on their behalf.

What is your local TD doing to take on the legal profession or have you asked?

Plenty smart Alec in kerry as well.. but your reply would fit well as a Healy Rae quote.. someone else problem

It seems totally illogical to me that you would pick on MHR because hes doing nothing about insurance ????

I would suggest that TDs who represent areas where the insurance industry has much larger impact, like Dublin, would be far better suited both geographically and professionally considering the direct impact their constituents as well as the country as a whole.

Seriously who better to take on the industry ?

a) A flat cap wearing TD farmer from a rural community far from the heart of the financial centre of the country.

b) A privately educated TD with experience of the financial industry located in the heart of the financial services industry.

You think MHR, I am saying thats an illogical choice.

It seems totally illogical to me that you would pick on MHR because hes doing nothing about insurance ????

I would suggest that TDs who represent areas where the insurance industry has much larger impact, like Dublin, would be far better suited both geographically and professionally considering the direct impact their constituents as well as the country as a whole.

Seriously who better to take on the industry ?

a) A flat cap wearing TD farmer from a rural community far from the heart of the financial centre of the country.

b) A privately educated TD with experience of the financial industry located in the heart of the financial services industry.

You think MHR, I am saying thats an illogical choice.

There is probably no TD in the dail that can draft legislation from start to finish .. You are playing the gombeen card a bit with those 2 options ..

That does not take away his responsibility to think where he can help in a constructive way... but he talks a lot about how he takes care of all problems.. he likes to complain a lot and blame others a lot.. even the court case of the son had this mentioned., he is in the dail.. he has access to civil service .. so why don’t he spend some time doing something that might drive a national agenda.. if he spent taxpayers money on getting the right advice around him all he need do is help steer the direction.. if the Healy Rae want to shake the gombeen tag then let them act like politicians... and show the Dublin lads how to be proper TD also

Picking on Healy Rae to you may seem unfair.. over other TD but you seem to be ok that kerry here 5 Healy Rae councilors with 2 of the councilors sitting in the dail..

• Advertisement

No, I can 100% see the argument from where you sit... And in another world, where I was living outside Kerry I could see myself saying the same thing.

MHR certainly does get involved on national matters, but they do tend to be ones that effect mainly the rural areas, but obviously benefit on a national level.

Again I think it boils down to an opinion of what a TD should do. Should they all do the same thing, or focus on their strengths, which in MHRs case is all matters rural (national and Kerry) and all matters Kerry.

There is probably no TD in the dail that can draft legislation from start to finish .. You are playing the gombeen card a bit with those 2 options ..

That does not take away his responsibility to think where he can help in a constructive way... but he talks a lot about how he takes care of all problems.. he likes to complain a lot and blame others a lot.. even the court case of the son had this mentioned., he is in the dail.. he has access to civil service .. so why don’t he spend some time doing something that might drive a national agenda.. if he spent taxpayers money on getting the right advice around him all he need do is help steer the direction.. if the Healy Rae want to shake the gombeen tag then let them act like politicians... and show the Dublin lads how to be proper TD also

Picking on Healy Rae to you may seem unfair.. over other TD but you seem to be ok that kerry here 5 Healy Rae councilors with 2 of the councilors sitting in the dail..

He showed 'um all how to do it with the highest personal vote in the last general election. Bar none.

https://youtu.be/63XaJdZF9cU

He showed 'um all how to do it with the highest personal vote in the last general election. Bar none.

https://youtu.be/63XaJdZF9cU

Ok but that proves he is good at funerals .. in fairness you have to admire the family in that they are drawing up to 500k a year between salary expenses between dail and council..

While people can follow them on all the great local bluff .. they have added nothing nationally.. when Mhr was being put forward as rural junior minister he basically ran away as he could no longer sit on the ditch... but then he complains about forgotten Ireland ... why didn’t he man up and do a real job And justify his expenses .. he is not the only TD that fits that space but he is one of the vocal ones

Ok but that proves he is good at funerals .. in fairness you have to admire the family in that they are drawing up to 500k a year between salary expenses between dail and council..

While people can follow them on all the great local bluff .. they have added nothing nationally.. when Mhr was being put forward as rural junior minister he basically ran away as he could no longer sit on the ditch... but then he complains about forgotten Ireland ... why didn’t he man up and do a real job And justify his expenses .. he is not the only TD that fits that space but he is one of the vocal ones

Shur dead people don't vote at all.

Why are you avoiding the question about your own TD taking on the legal profession?

Did you ask your own TD what they are doing to take on the legal profession, you seemed very concerned about that particular subject.

I would suggest that TDs who represent areas where the insurance industry has much larger impact, like Dublin.

You do realise it is cheaper to insure a car in Dublin than outside it?

Kerry people are probably paying higher rates than a equivalent person in Dublin......

Shur dead people don't vote at all.

Why are you avoiding the question about your own TD taking on the legal profession?

Did you ask your own TD what they are doing to take on the legal profession, you seemed very concerned about that particular subject.

on funerals... i don't remember ever going to one where there was only the deceased.. if that was the case the HR's are cute enough not to go either..

you sum it up well.. we all are ok to vote for self serving individuals... but we all told how the healy raes are great so its logical that they should be our beacon

have you asked MHR why did he not take the chance to help rural communities and put his hand up when the junior minister..or are you a sucker for their distraction tricks when he pointed at a shiny object and he ran away

reason i picked insurance its topical and affects everyone.. but you can pick any topic you will have a HR roaring and shouting about how everyone makes a mess but they never seem to have an alternative... sure even when they were protesting about houses being sold in the Shelbourne hotel, they were doing deals to buy distressed properties themselves..

at the next election we will definitely have one HR returning and probably two.. but other than shouting and roaring (& the odd boxing match) what alternatives/ideas have they provided in the national stage... before you start on local roads.. that is the 3 councillors job, not their daddies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭overshoot

Kerry people are probably paying higher rates than a equivalent person in Dublin......

Having moved last year from Donegal to Dublin... My insurance went up...
    And coming from construction side... Development charges are substantially lower the further west you go for a one off house....well... Rates for any development.

Really shows your morals that statement.

So the Dublin based business rips off rural customers, and you think that a reason for MHR to sort it out ?

Come on....

Really shows your morals that statement.

So the Dublin based business rips off rural customers, and you think that a reason for MHR to sort it out ?

Come on....

You really don’t have a clue do you?

I’m from the countryside as well by the way :-)

Best of luck to you....

• Advertisement

on funerals... i don't remember ever going to one where there was only the deceased.. if that was the case the HR's are cute enough not to go either..

you sum it up well.. we all are ok to vote for self serving individuals... but we all told how the healy raes are great so its logical that they should be our beacon

have you asked MHR why did he not take the chance to help rural communities and put his hand up when the junior minister..or are you a sucker for their distraction tricks when he pointed at a shiny object and he ran away

reason i picked insurance its topical and affects everyone.. but you can pick any topic you will have a HR roaring and shouting about how everyone makes a mess but they never seem to have an alternative... sure even when they were protesting about houses being sold in the Shelbourne hotel, they were doing deals to buy distressed properties themselves..

at the next election we will definitely have one HR returning and probably two.. but other than shouting and roaring (& the odd boxing match) what alternatives/ideas have they provided in the national stage... before you start on local roads.. that is the 3 councillors job, not their daddies

Ah Bellview you silly billy, you've totally forgotten to answer the two questions I asked you about your own TD and what they are doing about your major concerns about insurance.

You're starting to remind me of that Sheffield United fan now.

As for Mike Rae being made a junior Minister, I rang him when this was being rumored in the media and told him my opinion, shur he only LOL'ed and told me there was no truth in the rumour.

Advertisement