Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Healy Raes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    As you have shown on all previous "discussion" you just ignore any question that might be a bit difficult to answer and go off on a ramble. Which is exactly what you done....hence why I ignored

As I said, come back with some answer from the Healy Raes and we can have a discussion

I will ignore the rest of the childish gibberish ;)

Oh I am so very sorry, it must be my "childish" nature, let me get out of my souped up Civic turn down the music and listen to your married, two kids and a mortgage adult wisdom.

What was the question I ignored ?

Are you referring to your "I wonder...." statement (not a question directed at anyone according to my education). If you are my answer is "I dont know".

I will not ask for any reply to the countless questions you ignore by being very adult and saying "Its rubbish so I didnt read it", just that statement says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Water John wrote: »
    Plenty financial services jobs in Kerry, Fexco.

Im well aware of Fexco. Nothing to do with the Healy Rae's why that company is in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

As you have shown on all previous "discussion" you just ignore any question that might be a bit difficult to answer and go off on a ramble. Which is exactly what you done....hence why I ignored

As I said, come back with some answer from the Healy Raes and we can have a discussion

I will ignore the rest of the childish gibberish ;)

Ah, 'tis yourself again.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Ohh and you know when I mention tourism you ignore it by saying:

"Is every young person in Kerry supposed to be happy cleaning up hotel rooms after people or working in a bar?".

And then when someone mentions Flexco and you say "Im well aware of Fexco. Nothing to do with the Healy Rae's why that company is in Kerry."

And the COO of Fexco says "Fexco was set up 37 years ago its location
    was very relevant to its success because tourists travelling the Ring of Kerry were able to change the dollar or sterling for punts through its Bureau de Change service in tourist shops along the route When the company expanded to provide other services from the mid 1980s, its location didn’t really matter and it now serves most of the globe, employing 2,300 people."

Dam Romans, so apart from the Bar work, the Hotel work, the shop work, the farmers produce, the financial services, what have the tourists ever given us !

Hi Rows, yes Tis my ol sparing partner again.... write what you want he doesn't read it !!

• Advertisement

Keep going in circle

Just ask the questions..... :-)

Are you asking us to post more stuff for you not to read ?

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Are you asking us to post more stuff for you not to read ?

Please refer back to post #1044

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

How come they are not running three candidates in south Kerry? I remember from the last election they had almost three quotas between the two of them and could have taken a third seat with good vote management.

Ahh, you didn't read it, I answered that in the next post 1045 that's one of the ones you said you didn't read.

OK I will give it a go, you are asking me for a question.

QUESTION

Given the information I posted about the comment from the COO of Fexco on how important Tourism was in creating Flexco, do you think your previous post dismissing tourism for Kerry (quoted below):

"Is every young person in Kerry supposed to be happy cleaning up hotel rooms after people or working in a bar? not setting your sights high for the young people of Kerry are you? What happens if someone doesnt want to work in a hotel? "

Was:

A) An incorrect conclusion reached by a lack of reading relevent information.

B) A casual comment with no thought (or reading).

C) My true feeling and the COO of Flexco knows nothing about her company, and I am right.

A, B or C or have you not read this far ?

• Advertisement

Keep going around in circles....

I refer you back to post #1044

Give us all a shout back with more details......

OK, you are just Trolling, I get it.

There is zero logic or sense in any of what you are saying and post 1044 has nothing to do with the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Some property portfolio 15 properties along with shop farm etc... and he needs to sell tickets... or is Jackie incurring big legal fees for the barrister on feb 6th to set court date... from Kerry’s eye

Bellview wrote: »
    Some property portfolio 15 properties along with shop farm etc... and he needs to sell tickets... or is Jackie incurring big legal fees for the barrister on feb 6th to set court date... from Kerry’s eye

If you rule out wealthy people running in politics, then you have ruled out the majority of great politicians.

How many great politicians, that have been held in high regard, whether rich or poor before a career in politics, died a poor man ?

I think its odd to hold an increase in financial wealth against any successful, intelligent politician, history has shown its a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If you rule out wealthy people running in politics, then you have ruled out the majority of great politicians.

How many great politicians, that have been held in high regard, whether rich or poor before a career in politics, died a poor man ?

I think its odd to hold an increase in financial wealth against any successful, intelligent politician, history has shown its a given.

I have no problem with wealthy politicians, what i do have a problem with is a wealthy politician who expects other people to finance their election expenses, it's not like he can't afford it.

No issue but why play the poor mouth.. he gets a leaders allowance and buckets of expenses and we now get a raffle...don’t worry he will get elected with 20000 votes agsin but transparency is also good ... should you be out canvassing rather than giving the night on boards

I’m only jealous I’m not a millionaire landlord ... although he has no chipper in the portfolio

Good to see Healy Rae has a top end phone cost nearly 1500 euro...goes with landlord status... would be a great prize for a raffle

OK, you are just Trolling, I get it.

There is zero logic or sense in any of what you are saying and post 1044 has nothing to do with the question.

Just ask them when they visit and let us know, you seem best buds!!!

mgn wrote: »
    I have no problem with wealthy politicians, what i do have a problem with is a wealthy politician who expects other people to finance their election expenses, it's not like he can't afford it.

I totally get your point, and its one I have said myself before, but its on very shaky ground but probably best discussed elsewhere.

In brief, if thats your stance, that if you can afford more you should pay more (as an interdependent he has to pay for election stuff other TDs don't), then I disagree on two points:

1. It puts an interdependent at a considerable disadvantage over a funded candidate, as running for office would certainly diminish their net worth.

2. If you believe that if you can afford it you should pay more, then by extrapolation of the argument, as I have more money than my neighbour I should pay more for government services (refuse, roads etc).

Plus its a transparent mechanism for supporters to donate in a open fashion, yet it still attracts criticism.

As I said at the start I have said that same thing before, but in the pure sense of the argument I think I was wrong to do so.

Just my view.

Good to see Healy Rae has a top end phone cost nearly 1500 euro...goes with landlord status... would be a great prize for a raffle

That's disgusting, and with us only having the one mast, what a waste.

• Advertisement

Just ask them when they visit and let us know, you seem best buds!!!

Only met him a couple of times, helped me out meaningfully on both occasions had no reason to help, other than I was in Kerry and he was my TD.

I did like the constant reference to people saying Kerry people are idiots on this thread

Well that’s how the Healy Rae are threaten them, the guy is fleecing the country and then ask to pay for his election, seemingly in letter, those letters I would guess are the one the tax pay has paid for and all TD are entitled to send as part of election

Really if the kerrry people do pay for them....let them off, haven’t seen such blindness in a politician since Germany and hitler

Germany and hitler

There it is...

Godwin's law

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress.[8] This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law.[9]

Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.[10] Similar criticisms of the "law" (or "at least the distorted version which purports to prohibit all comparisons to German crimes") have been made by the American lawyer, journalist, and author Glenn Greenwald.[11]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

A Healey Rae must Phone Home and Maybe for the Healy Raes that is not of this planet !

Did you know his cap is lined with a band of solid gold - true.

Only met him a couple of times, helped me out meaningfully on both occasions had no reason to help, other than I was in Kerry and he was my TD.

Out of interest did he make a big song and dance about something you could get easy.. or did he really do something to make a difference.. in my case he tried to claim credit for cash I was entitled to and I had completed all paperwork myself.. I have met both enjoy mike the most but in fairness they both remind me of goal hangers... they wait for a sit ball to land at their feet and then scoreeee... they have no concept ofnational interest.. so why don’t they stay in the council...,being cynical it’s the expenses and the raffle tickets

Did you know his cap is lined with a band of solid gold - true.

And we are all paying a few bob towards the solid gold .. hope it’s 22ct

blinding wrote: »
    A Healey Rae must Phone Home and Maybe for the Healy Raes that is not of this planet !

Unless one or two get lost at a chippers...

• Advertisement

Godwin's law

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that, when a Hitler comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever made the comparison loses whatever debate is in progress.[8] This principle is itself frequently referred to as Godwin's law.[9]

Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate.[10] Similar criticisms of the "law" (or "at least the distorted version which purports to prohibit all comparisons to German crimes") have been made by the American lawyer, journalist, and author Glenn Greenwald.[11]

In fairness the Rae are kings at this ask them for a solution to any problem the first comment Is... the post office is closing .. blame the government .. the next comment is the beef price to low blame goodman... again no solution... and finally there is a queue at a chipper blame the aib cameras for showing two Healy Rae for giving a lad a beating

Advertisement