Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Anyone else a bit worried its taking so long to make any arrests. The only reason I can see is that they haven't sufficient evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

sorry don't know all the details but i heard it may be kids her own age that are guilty, hope it's not another Jamie Bolger case where their let off with a slap on the wrists and new life elsewhere [see what happened there] may seem a bit extreme but if my son or daughter were involved in a crime like this i think i would want them locked up , it may save another life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit worried its taking so long to make any arrests. The only reason I can see is that they haven't sufficient evidence?

there are kids involved, the gardai are being thorough and cautious. Which is the only way to approach this case

• Registered Users Posts: 21 EarlSlick

OwlsZat wrote: »
    • DNA has to be analysed.
    • There is more than one suspect.
    • The suspects are all minors.

These are the three reasons why the Gardai have to take extreme care with this case.

Would u rather a quick arrest based on evidence which doesn't stack up or a lengthy investigation resulting in the perpetrators being rightly convicted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Textronic

Presumably they'll get it right

It's hard not to remember cases like sophie du plantier where they didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The next referendum I want is to bring back the death penalty

It's thankfully never going to happen. There's no political or general public will for it and it's against EU law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

EarlSlick wrote: »
    • DNA has to be analysed.
    • There is more than one suspect.
    • The suspects are all minors.

These are the three reasons why the Gardai have to take extreme care with this case.

Would u rather a quick arrest based on evidence which doesn't stack up or a lengthy investigation resulting in the perpetrators being rightly convicted?

I think we all want the latter, but the fact they are still out is unnerving don't you think? Especially when people have posted that locals know who they are . How Iong does it take to test DNA, does anyone know.? I'd of thought it would be quicker than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Rechuchote wrote: »
    The post replied to above is just part of the Irish attitude to women that we will hopefully start to purge with tomorrow's vote.
    Mod note: Any discussion of the 8th goes into the 8th thread. It's the only thread for that debate. We're not going to allow every thread be taken over by yes/no posts and debates.

Take it to the 8th thread!

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

A teenage boy sexually assaults and brutally murders a teenage girl.

Yet, you seem to have an inherent need to blame girls.
    I don't think that girls are responsible for the rape and murder. I do suspect that girls were involved in the plot to lure her to the park to be humiliated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

A teenage boy sexually assaults and brutally murders a teenage girl.

Yet, you seem to have an inherent need to blame girls.
    I don't think that girls are responsible for the rape and murder. I do suspect that girls were involved in the plot to lure her to the park to be humiliated.

Why may I ask You?

• Advertisement

Agree. Yes there was bullying in my school, physical and verbal but nobody raped and tortured anyone. This is depraved, evil.
    You don't know that nobody was raped, though. Most rapes are not reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

Bear in mind that this case will be overseen by detectives, inspectors, superintendents and probably higher.

The investigation will have to be seen as thorough even if that means investigating the alleged 2 men who may be fictitious.

The guards will be dotting the i's and crossing the t's so that if the trial collapses for any reason, it won't be their fault.

I don't think anyone underestimates the significance of this atrocity and subsequent response.

I regard any attempt at "understanding" the actions of the perpetrators as an insult to Ana and her family (maybe I'm wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Unless you are intimately involved with the whole situation, you should stop posting this nonsense.

Why may I ask You?

The setup of going to the park to meet a boy she liked makes me think of girls who are jealous of another girl who is attractive and a desire to humiliate her in front of boys to make themselves feel more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

degsie wrote: »
    Unless you are intimately involved with the whole situation, you should stop posting this nonsense.

Reference was made to Ana's poise and striking appearance so perhaps an element of jealously fostered a desire to humiliate her in some way???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Fair enough! Maybe they have conditions imposed.

How can anyone have 'conditions imposed' when they havent been arrested and brought before a judge. They may be under surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tekano tim

Senature wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not a big leap. Inherent ingrained misogyny that shocks me in Irish society all the time. In this case so far as we think we know, a young teenage girl was sexually assaulted, battered with pieces of wood etc and murdered by one or more males. But according to some it was really the girls who weren't even there that are actually responsible for them doing that....

I don't often post on boards but I thought it might be worth mentioning a little tact, as we all know must stuff posted on line stays on line, this might be worth considering when discussing the feelings of the family, the community and this poor girls legacy, just a thought.

Reference was made to Ana's poise and striking appearance so perhaps an element of jealously fostered a desire to humiliate her in some way???

Yes. Some teenage girls can be like that. I used to be a teenage girl, and I remember well how much of the bullying is caused by jealousy among teenage girts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Oh, for goodness sake stoppit. It might as well have been Martians or robots. This is pure speculation, and it's unpleasant.

As Tekano Tim has pointed out, Ana Kriegel's many friends and her bereaved parents could well be reading this. Please stop the lubricious theorising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭emo72

Such a lovely girl. Heartbreaking to think how she died. What is wrong with kids that they can go to these depths?

• Advertisement

Rechuchote wrote: »
    Oh, for goodness sake stoppit. It might as well have been Martians or robots. This is pure speculation, and it's unpleasant.

As Tekano Tim has pointed out, Ana Kriegel's many friends and her bereaved parents could well be reading this. Please stop the lubricious theorising.

I very much doubt her parents are consulting the speculative pages of this thread as a means to stay informed !! are you saying it might as well be martians or robots over the two 14 yr olds with blood stains on their clothing? who claim to have left Ana in good spirits??? the same two which were reported in todays indo as being suspects with highly inconsistent stories about ready to be arrested?? pending DNA on that same blood??

and your bet is on little green men? well to walk away from a scene in that manner, one would have to be indeed a robot, devoid of all humanity, so maybe you're inadvertently onto something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

rusty cole wrote: »
    I very much doubt her parents are consulting the speculative pages of this thread as a means to stay informed !! are you saying it might as well be martians or robots over the two 14 yr olds with blood stains on their clothing? who claim to have left Ana in good spirits??? the same two which were reported in todays indo as being suspects with highly inconsistent stories about ready to be arrested?? pending DNA on that same blood??

and your bet is on little green men? well to walk away from a scene in that manner, one would have to be indeed a robot, devoid of all humanity, so maybe you're inadvertently onto something.

I hope they are consulting the Indo either as that information is not correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

rusty cole wrote: »

To be fair, the Indo isn't exactly Pulitzer Prize winning journalism on your average story, so as far as I'm concerned until arrests are made we basically know nothing - except that whoever did it is a depraved and dangerous scumbag.

To be fair, the Indo isn't exactly Pulitzer Prize winning journalism on your average story, so as far as I'm concerned until arrests are made we basically know nothing - except that whoever did it is a depraved and dangerous scumbag.

I agree with you, I just used the indo to illustrate media's willingness to report this as close to being wrapped up, without fear of libel.

they guards know "who" and it's not a matter of "IF" it's a matter of "WHEN". ergo, when the DNA "confirms" most of the Gardaí trail of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I passed the farm today and cried at the awful sense of sadness there . RIP Ana .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I passed the farm today and cried at the awful sense of sadness there . RIP Ana .

DNA testing I had thought was fairly quick turnaround... You are quite correct they will have to knock the place as soon as this is over.

My mother died tragically and the thing that got me is how the last moments of her life must have been so scary and out character for her. Same applies here and it makes the whole thing almost unforgivable for me. RIP Ana.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yep. It's been wrong on details on other cases, so until theres charges made, we know nothing for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Ana's funeral has taken place in a very quiet, private ceremony for those closest to her.
    Glad it worked out as the family wanted.
    Now I just hope justice is served for her and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Personally I think that should be private information and not for an open public forum .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Personally I think that should be private information and not for an open public forum .

Seriously? That is the post you choose to criticise??!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement