Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

OwlsZat wrote: »
    +1 from me. We are so slow moving for using psychedelics for good though. Literally expect it in the year 3000.

It is currently used for drug treatment in some countries. Definitely has potential for use on offenders when used in a specific way though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

chicorytip wrote: »
    This killing is so utterly shocking that I am surprised it's not making headline news all over the world.

Unfortunately, on an international basis, its just another killing.

Its a big story here because its so unusual, same with the jastine murder.

There have been 5 murders in London in the past week. 60 so far this year!
    They barely make the London news let alone national news due to it being so common.

Take out the kinahan/hutch killings here and even after the past week, Ireland still has one of the lowest murder rates in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

zapitastas wrote: »
    There is a drug called iboga that does that very thing. Should be synthesized and used for punishment.

What is this obsession with punishment? Redemption is what's needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

You'll be banned Frank! You're only trying to wind people up

Trolling on both threads

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not even gonna quote that but the disrespect in the terminology is fcuking vile. Reported every post that fool has posted. Hope it's actioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Happy4all wrote: »
    Trolling on both threads

Reported on both. Hope the mods are around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not even gonna quote that but the disrespect in the terminology is fcuking vile. Reported every post that fool has posted. Hope it's actioned

Yeah I reported him too. One of a very few times I've done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Pr*ck

Getting off on your comment. Don't bother with him.

Folks, don't give this d!ckhead any oxygen...

Hes gone. What a scumbag. That should be a crime in itself what he was saying.

• Advertisement

Getting off on your comment. Don't bother with him.

You're right. Im going back and deleting any comments made towards that thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Posters like that makes you wonder what other sick ****s are out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note:A few posts removed there, folks. Report, don't react, thanks.

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Well done mods! Vile post even by AH standards!

Hes gone. What a scumbag. That should be a crime in itself what he was saying.

There always some scrote who wants to play. Fair play to mod action...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Mod note:A few posts removed there, folks. Report, don't react, thanks.

Buford T. Justice

Thanks. Is his IP known? Worth reporting further

Strazdas wrote: »
    This is the official gofundme page for Ana if anyone would like to make a donation :

https://www.gofundme.com/Anastasia-kriegel

The total has jumped over E1,000 since this post was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

I'll have forgotten that thing's name in an hour or so, I will always remember the name Ana Kriegel though.

(Talking about the thing that was banned, not about the link above)

zapitastas wrote: »
    It is currently used for drug treatment in some countries. Definitely has potential for use on offenders when used in a specific way though

I'd be open to it being looked at so long as it was a voluntary treatment with proven efficacy and safety. This kind of thing gives me the creeps I have to say - probably because of the connotation of enforced drug administration in U.S. prisons of stuff that proved very unsafe after the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

chicorytip wrote: »
    This killing is so utterly shocking that I am surprised it's not making headline news all over the world.

I was surprised it wasnt on Biritsh news at least. Jastines murder was on british news

• Advertisement

I agree with some posters, this DNA shyte and the likes is getting dragged out. We all understand how things work, if it was 5 of them, or two, whomever killed her (landed a fatal blow)gets the murder wrap and the rest is chopped up to battery, manslaughter, mitigating factors, child offenders and whatever else any clever defence barrister can muster to make a name for himself in the wig and pen....

But the media are not covering this half as much as they did katie ****ing french!!! a child was brutally murdered, yes, this should make international headlines, more so than our fecking yes/no vote in my book. the poor girls story is drowned amidst a week of canvasing and wicklow vigils, the latter being equally as tragic but more sensationalised I think..

have we ever had a case like this in ireland???? I cannot recall, it's bloody sickening and needs to be called exactly that.
    I don't think anyone is interested in how much coke that weirdo kavanagh did or is interested in seeing footage of him partying and smiling into a camera having murdered a young woman. I dont give a **** that he was shot either, it's over now and sadly the innocent pick up the pieces. All media needs to be on this story now, give the girl the respect those hounds denied her til her death....absolute cnuts and i'll take a thread ban for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

Omackeral wrote: »
    It doesn't work, categorically and undeniably. I've been working in prison for the last ten years and the amount of people I see coming back is striking. It's got to be at least 1 in 3. ''Back again?'' ''Ah yeah... ya know yourself.'' It's honestly that nonchalant. I wouldn't be overtly proud of that.

It's a lot more than one in three. The official rates show nearly double that (63% recidivism after three years), which doesn't include people who haven't been caught.

rusty cole wrote: »
    I agree with some posters, this DNA shyte and the likes is getting dragged out. We all understand how things work, if it was 5 of them, or two, whomever killed her (landed a fatal blow)gets the murder wrap and the rest is chopped up to battery, manslaughter, mitigating factors, child offenders and whatever else any clever defence barrister can muster to make a name for himself in the wig and pen....

But the media are not covering this half as much as they did katie ****ing french!!! a child was brutally murdered, yes, this should make international headlines, more so than our fecking yes/no vote in my book. the poor girls story is drowned amidst a week of canvasing and wicklow vigils, the latter being equally as tragic but more sensationalised I think..

have we ever had a case like this in ireland???? I cannot recall, it's bloody sickening and needs to be called exactly that.
    I don't think anyone is interested in how much coke that weirdo kavanagh did or is interested in seeing footage of him partying and smiling into a camera having murdered a young woman. I dont give a **** that he was shot either, it's over now and sadly the innocent pick up the pieces. All media needs to be on this story now, give the girl the respect those hounds denied her til her death....absolute cnuts and i'll take a thread ban for it....

Don't see how increased media makes any difference. Those involved will never be named but if you know anyone from leixlip there's a chance they'll know.
    Nothing to report at the moment. We all know what happened anyway, the why will come out soon too.
    Family want privacy.
    Gardai building their cases towards arrests and I assume a huge amount is going on with legal representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Should i even ask what was said?..

I have had a particularly heavy workload the last couple of days, and while I have been having a break and as I am a bit tired, I have been thinking a lot about how f**king horrific this is. :mad:
    I can not get my head around this at all.
    I hope there is at the very least, 'a bit' of uproar when arrests are made, to show that people are genuinely horrified and angry over Ana's death. I read today that she posted a video a few weeks ago saying that she has been bullied for 4 years, and she can handle it. Or something to that affect.

That made me feel sick anda lot of other emotions.
    I just kept thinking she was 7, 8, 9 years old and happy and innocent, as children should be. And then for no reason when she was 10, some kids started being c**ts.
    How could she understand that when nobody else can?
    Yet she dealt with it and spoke about it and had started to overcome it.
    The fact that she did not let them affect her, probably angered the bullies even more.
    She was better than them in every way, and seemingly fought to her last breath. If it was bullies that murdered her, and if she was set up, I hope every single person involved are brought to justice.

I hope whoever is responsible for her murder gets everything coming to them, and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bessboroughboy

Things may indeed be moving slowly but I'm sure the guards are very motivated to strengthen their case as much as possible. Guards have daughters, sisters, nieces, etc. too.

This will be a landmark case and it will receive the attention it demands.

The current scarcity of media coverage has probably been requested by the Garda press office (just my opinion).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Textronic

Don't see how increased media makes any difference. Those involved will never be named but if you know anyone from leixlip there's a chance they'll know.
    Nothing to report at the moment. We all know what happened anyway, the why will come out soon too.
    Family want privacy.
    Gardai building their cases towards arrests and I assume a huge amount is going on with legal representatives.

'Family want privacy '

And you're after disclosing sensitive information about the burial

Things may indeed be moving slowly but I'm sure the guards are very motivated to strengthen their case as much as possible. Guards have daughters, sisters, nieces, etc. too.

This will be a landmark case and it will receive the attention it demands.

The current scarcity of media coverage has probably been requested by the Garda press office (just my opinion).

I doubt this will end up in a protracted trial. The DPP will be aiming for a slam dunk case that will result in Guilty pleas, even if lesser charges have to be brought to encourage that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aerodynamix

This is the official gofundme page for Ana if anyone would like to make a donation : /QUOTE]

I'm sure the intentions are good, but this was set up by a 17 year old in Ashbourne with no connection to the Kriegel family, and there is no way of ensuring the money reaches the right people. I wish there was a way of ensuring this, and more people would contribute. Not that money will make much difference to the heartbreak of the poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

This is the official gofundme page for Ana if anyone would like to make a donation : /QUOTE]

I'm sure the intentions are good, but this was set up by a 17 year old in Ashbourne with no connection to the Kriegel family, and there is no way of ensuring the money reaches the right people. I wish there was a way of ensuring this, and more people would contribute. Not that money will make much difference to the heartbreak of the poor family.

I was about to ask about this. Do gofundme play a role in ensuring it reaches the advertised cause? Only used it twice before and that was when I knew the people involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I also don’t doubt the intentions of the person setting up and goodwill of those donating.

My concern would be a slightly different one. As has been said already, the Kriegel family are quite private and taking that into account, I’m not sure how they would feel about this and if it is what they would really want. Some people might not feel comfortable with it. Maybe they have been asked and are fine with it, but it’s not clear if thay have, so it does not sit with me for that reason. I suppose they can always donate it on to a charity close to their hearts if they wish.

Sometimes it’s hard to know what to do for the best, especially in a situation as sensitive as this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement