Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The horrific death of Ana Kriegel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

The current reports are indicating this poor young girl was subject to an awful death. I don't want to engage in speculation about the events. I hope justice is done and her family and friends find some peace.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mobile-phone-and-clothing-of-murdered-schoolgirl-ana-14-yield-vital-clues-to-identifying-killer-36921646.html

Don't keep your illusionary hopes of seeing justice being done up too high. The poor girl is dead, her family and close friend's lives destroyed and the guilty parties will plead to a manslaughter charge followed by a couple of years of PlayStation in Oberstown, Wheatfield or Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

RHJ wrote: »
    You're right it works both ways I'm just tired of some of the snowflakes who get offended at everything.

Its not a case of being offended . Its a case of it being an open investigation .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Seen it on the nine o clock news, how sad, a beautiful looking girl, very badly beaten to death, and sexually assaulted, God Help her family, so sorry for them, her last moments on this earth must have been hell, hope they catch those responsible, and hope they rot in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭AllForIt

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think it should be closed to

As I said in a post not too long ago on another thread, I don't know why ppl wish to get emotionally involved in these kinds of cases. A poster replied to me "EMPATHY". I just don't get it. Yes it's a horribly sad and brutal case. No doubt about that and anyone who would just shrug their solders abut this would rightly be considered a bit cold to say the least. The only thing we as onlookers, who have nothing to do with case whatsoever whether we have our own daughters or not, is that we make sure that the law is given all the resources possible to hunt down and prosecute these animals. That should be the extent of our involvement and having forum discussions about it where there is no particular issue or argument to be had all seems to be a waste of emotional energy to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

i know i shouldnt speculate but these events are such a rarity in our country thankfully, whats the chances the murdering b*stard is not Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

The parents of whoever did this crime have now had their lives destroyed too.

You just never know what the day will bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,567 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Absolutely terrible what happened to this poor girl. She suffered a horrendous death. Its sound to me like this could have been a case of jealousy because she was quite tall and more mature than her age suggested as well as very pretty looking.
    I hope the person or persons who killed her are caught and thrown into a cold dark cell to rot.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Please explain how?

Jesus fucking Christ

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but the most disgusting and dangerous scumbag I know has great parents. Brothers and sisters all lovely people but there's 1 delinquent out of 4. Disowned completely now he's an adult but those poor parents tried everything with him. As did his 2 brothers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Hands up
    who left the asylum door open again?

Beautiful tribute paid to the young girl by her dance school :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Parents can only do so much. Most parents i would imagine would not believe that their child is capable of something that heinous. (99.999999% would probably be correct).
    I hope they catch whoever did it and if it was kids, they should get tried like adults.
    I hope they never see daylight again.

I have not seen the details that appeared in the papers or news, but I have seen enough to know that this was scum.

Three hours outside, at the start of the summer, and the parents knew straight away to go the Gardaí.
    I cannot begin to imagine how distraught they must be right now. I would imagine it is all a haze and does not seem in any way real.
    It is a very cruel and very sad ending, and nothing anybody says or does will help relieve their pain. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

This country has a long history of covering up and glossing over terrible issues. It doesn't do any good to hide the brutality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm glad this thread still open and people feel free to express their opinions on this subject.

If you find it so offensive why don't you leave?

You keep mentioning people shouldn't be offended. Who made you the "offence police". If the thread upsets you why dont you just depart it instead of telling others too?

All you've done is whinge over "snowflakes" being offended, ironically appearing extremely offended yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP Anastasia Kriegel

Hearing about this case is like something from Law and Order SVU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Grew up in that area. Hung around Catherines park as a teen through the long summer evenings.The most carefree time of my life. To me the Leixlip/Catherines area felt like the safest place in the world, still does to an extent having travelled the globe since.

This has chilled me to the bone. I cannot believe this happened to poor Ana and the opportunity to live her life, fulfil her dreams and ambitions has been taken away by some utterly wretched scumbag.

Its very sad. RIP Ana, I hope your family get the justice they deserve at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

John_Rambo wrote: »
    If your child is murdered the nationality of the person that murdered him or her is irrelevant. We've had young foreign women raped and murdered by locals here, the result is the same.

Devastation and lifelong grief.

If someone is Irish they should and proven guilty be hanged if they forgein they should be deported. Either way the population within Ireland are safe from such an individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

If, as reported, it’s teenagers justice won’t be served. A few years maximum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Adult or teenager, justice will never be served when an innocent kid is murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If it was my daughter they would be executed on the court steps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Place of birth regardless, the murderer should be met with the full force of the justice system and certainly not be let away with mere deportation. That's just ridiculously lenient, birth place should not excuse anyone from justice. Irish prison for crime in Ireland, no matter where you're from.

Prisons are too keep citizens in country safe from dangerous individuals. Automatic death penalty for the most heinous crimes and deportation also achieve that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Ok, A certain poster, their posts and all quotes of said posts have been nuked with extreme prejudice.

I will personally permaban from AH anyone else even with a hint of trolling or taking the piss out of this very sad case.

Thread locked for 30 minutes so anyone and everyone can read this. Ignorance will not be a mitigating factor.

Now I'm going to read the rest of the thread. I'm tired and cranky so bans will be coming.

• Advertisement

Mod-thread reopened. Be respectful and heed the above. Also as soon as an arrest is made this thread will be locked.

Also also, no speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

My thoughts are with Ana's family.
    Requiscat in pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Thanks for reopening the thread it's a shame you had to censor some posts to avoid causing any offence.

Give it a rest will ya? Jesus

Mod-RHJ do not post again in this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Please explain how?

Jesus fucking Christ

Ordinarily I'd agree with you but the most disgusting and dangerous scumbag I know has great parents. Brothers and sisters all lovely people but there's 1 delinquent out of 4. Disowned completely now he's an adult but those poor parents tried everything with him. As did his 2 brothers.
    They could have smothered him in his sleep?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Such a terribly sad story. That poor girl. Her poor parents. I hope they can shield her younger sibling from the horror of what happened to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Poor little child. Words fail me. May she rest in peace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement