Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Israel want to wipe out the Palestinians?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

NKante wrote: »
    Some people might find this interesting. A video compilation of the "peaceful flag waving protest" in Gaza.

I especially liked the part at 7:05 where the palestinians storm the border with Israel and shout that they're going to "slaughter Jews" while one waves a machete at the camera.

Ah, those palestinian scallies. Always able to trust the European left to excuse their behaviour.

A lot of those videos are not from the day of the shooting and are snippets of speeches by radicals in some cases from years ago. And the part on "Khaybar Khaybar O Jews" is a recitation from the Koran Every movement has its extremists - the Unionists if they wanted to avoid negotiations in 1998 could have pointed to the dissident Republicans and even statements Provisional Sinn Fein made about "dismantling the Orange State". Indeed it wasnt until the last day that SF accepted the principle of consent that NI would remain in the UK until a majority voted otherwise.

Anyway its not acceptable to gun down protesters just because of their political opinions. And its not likely to change their minds when they are deprived of the subsistence needs for life, let alone the economic blockade.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

^^^^Here come the excuses. This one actually tries to justify chants about slaughtering Jews. It's "tradition and in the Qu'ran"

All these clips are recent. Nice try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

There can be no military solution to an ethnic conflict. We know this from Irish history. The military victories will only be short-term if there is not a political solution. Particularly given its already pretty much 50% Arab and 50% Jewish between the Jordan and the Meditteranean.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

^^^^Here come the excuses. This one actually tries to justify chants about slaughtering Jews. It's "tradition and in the Qu'ran"

No one tried to justify anything (except you that is, trying to justify murdering protests, with a misleading video). Next level dishonesty from you.

Also, you will find Israeli politicians and settler saying all sort of crap about Palestinians, it doesn't mean they deserve to die or justify terrorism against them either.

Its from a youtube channel with 2,184 subscribers and from a "journalist" named Pierre Rehov. The video is only being posted online on far right "think" tanks websites and various biased pro-Israel outlets, or Russian propaganda outfits, and no where else. Fake videos tend to be posted by pro-Israel outlets to muddy things, and this is just another one. Pathetic as per usual.

Also, as has been pointed out to you, several clips are not from when the shootings happened and some are from years ago. This is something you have failed to address. Why have you failed to address the deliberate misleading clips from the video you posted? Care to explain your constant dishonesty? Care to explain why we should trust a youtube video, with deliberately misleading clips from a youtube channel with less than 3000 subs, and only posted online by biased pro-Israel outlets, Russian propoganda sites, and far right "think" tanks?

Will you address anything people have actually said, or will you strawman some more and have arguments with the voices in your head.

Still good effort, trying to justify murdering protesters.

I wish you would stop peddling the ridiculous notion that Israel is somehow under an actual existential threat because a few guys are howling we are 'going to slaughter Jews' etc etc and then going on to justify these killings because you're imagining such a threat exists. Both you and these fellas are in the same category for delusional thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

No surprise from the scumbags in power, but more illegal settlements were announced today
    Avigdor Lieberman, writing on Twitter, said a regional planning board would be asked to designate 1,400 of the housing units for immediate construction.

“We will promote building in all of Judea and Samaria, from the north to south, in small communities and in large ones,” Lieberman said, using the Biblical names for the West Bank.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-israel-palestinians-settlements/israel-plans-2500-new-settler-homes-in-west-bank-defense-minister-idUSKCN1IP0T6

Speaking of Liberman and crazy things Israeli politicians say, here are some examples:

Lieberman claims Muslim advert revenue behind media bias against Israel

What the man is saying is basically a new version of the anti-semitic claims of "Jews controlling the media", just aimed at Muslims instead. The man has no sense of irony I guess.

Also, here is an older gem from him:
    Lieberman: Disloyal Israeli Arabs Should Be Beheaded

There are people on both sides who say extremist and racist nonsense. That is of course no excuse for violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's shocking, they don't even have the restraint to wait a month to declare that.

Israeli Supreme Court Rejects Challenge to Open-Fire Rules

Murder of civilians now legitimized at the highest level in Israel. Not surprised that Israel is going down this road, one need look no further than the supporters we have on here, engaged in extreme apologetics to excuse the murder of civilians.

Israeli courts are on a roll today:
    Israeli court approves razing West Bank Bedouin village

The PA in the West Bank, have been working with Israel for years, and in return the Israeli government destroys villages, expands settlements, let settlers attack Palestinians with impunity. I wonder what excuse the usual suspects will come up with this time, as it seem pretty clear no matter what the Palestinians do, the Israeli government will treat them like dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭skepticalme

And working hard to hide war crimes

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180525-israeli-bill-seeks-to-criminalise-documentation-of-israeli-soldiers-actions/

The Israeli Ministerial Committee for Legislation will discuss, Sunday, a bill that would prohibit the documentation of Israeli soldiers’ human rights violations against Palestinian citizens.

On Thursday, Israel Hayom explained that the chairman of Yisrael Beiteinu bloc in the Knesset, Robert Ilatov, proposed the bill with the support of his party’s leader, Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman.

The bill states, “anyone who shoots a video or a photo, or records soldiers while they are doing their job, with the aim of disturbing the morale of soldiers and citizens, will be sentenced to five years imprisonment. In case this is done with the aim of destabilising the state’s security, the perpetrator will be sentenced to ten years imprisonment.”

In addition, the bill prohibits the sharing of photographs or recorded content on social media or in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It really is long past time to shut Israel off from the outside world for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

After today's massacre, over 55 dead so far. Absolutely no regard for Palestinians basic human rights.

If unborn Irish children have no right to life, why should stone throwing Palestinians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭nw1dqsv7amx026

If unborn Irish children have no right to life, why should stone throwing Palestinians?

That's an interesting point but you will be hammered for this and possibly banned.

I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

That's an interesting point but you will be hammered for this and possibly banned.

I don't know.

It`s a matter of consistency. I do not believe Palestinians should not have a right to life.

Statement by UNRWA Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl, the Gaza Strip

Good morning,

Thank you for joining us for this press briefing.

My current visit took place in the aftermath of the weeks of protests and marches here in the Gaza Strip and the appalling impact of the events that followed.

Yesterday, I visited an UNRWA health centre in Khan Younis, a partner rehabilitation centre in Deir El-Balah and the Al-Shifa hospital. These were shocking and deeply disturbing visits.

Allow me to describe this is some detail, focusing on three main dimensions.

First, I truly believe that much of the world completely underestimates the extent of the disaster in human terms that occurred in the Gaza Strip since the marches began on 30 March.

117 people were killed by Israeli forces – of which 13 were children - and over 13,000 people were injured, of which an estimated 3,500 by live ammunition. Let me put this in context.

During the 51 days of the military assault in Gaza in 2014, approximately 12,000 people were injured. In other words, as many people or even slightly more were injured during a total of 7 days of protests than were injured during the full duration of the 2014 conflict. That is truly staggering.

During the visits, I was also struck not only by the number of injured but also by the nature of the injuries. The demonstrators had been systematically shot either in the lower limbs (shattering femurs, knees and ankles), in the abdomen, the back, or the head.

The pattern of small entry wounds and large exit wounds, indicates ammunition used caused severe damage to internal organs, muscle tissue and bones.

Both the staff or the MoPH hospitals, NGOs, and UNRWA clinics are struggling to deal with extremely complex wounds and care.

Second, the direct consequence of the number of injured and nature of wounds has brought the health-care system in Gaza to a breaking point. It is a health system already plagued by the multiple health pressures and severe medical stock limitations under regular circumstances.

When hundreds of injured demonstrators were brought into hospitals on the days of marches -particularly on 14 May - the health structures performed miracles but were overwhelmed.

Thousands of regular interventions - surgical or others - have been suspended or cancelled because of the need to focus on the injured and the many surgeries and follow-up treatment they require.

The pressure was so big on hospitals that many patients were discharged early and sent home to allow for the admission of new patients from the next day of demonstrations. UNRWA clinics have to date provided follow-up care for 1,600 such early released patients.

Third, seeing the hundreds of demonstrators with severe injuries to their lower limbs and the number of amputations that already took place and the large number still likely to occur, it was clear that many will live with life-long disabilities.

This means the entire health system in Gaza must prepare for a major upsurge in terms of post-operatic care and in particular with physical rehabilitation needs. This includes the UNRWA clinics and physiotherapy centers.

This morning I am sending out an emergency call for help to save Gaza’s health system and seriously boost UNRWA’s ability to provide care to the released patients and prepare for the many amputees that will require long-term assistance. The call for action and support also concerns mental health and psychosocial care.

The injured and their families are deeply traumatized and this adds another layer of trauma to the many already endured by the people in Gaza. UNRWA has developed a very strong capacity in this regard, but our current funding pressures place this activity under direct threat.

Ladies and gentlemen, as I said at the beginning, Gaza is facing a major human and health-care disaster. It is a crisis of epic proportions, with immeasurable onward consequences.

Palestine refugees represent 70% of the population in Gaza and there are many refugees among the dead and injured. Including young children, for example boys and girls, students of UNRWA schools.

And because I have always refused anonymity in death and suffering, allow me to name the seven UNRWA students who were killed:

Husain, 14 years old
    Alla, 16 years old
    Mohamad, 14 years old
    Jamal, 16 years old
    Iz Al Deen, 14 years old
    Wesal, 15 years old
    Sadi Said, 16 years old

They were part of the 270,000 students in UNRWA schools in Gaza. Over 90% of whom have never left Gaza in their lives; have gone through three wars in their lives; faced multiple traumas resulting from occupation, blockade, violence and fear.

Dehumanizing an entire community will bring no peace to the region. Recognizing that Palestine refugees have the same rights and aspirations as everyone on this planet, that they have the right to live safely, in freedom, with adequate and essential services and opportunities, is essential.

Courage lies in helping everyone rediscover the humanity in the other. Thank you. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I just saw this and thought of this thread.

Escalation today. Islamic Jihad have been firing mortars into Israel since early morning. 50 so far. Israel is retaliating with airstrikes. Israel blames Hamas even though they were expecting a retaliation from Islamic Jihad as they killed 3 of their members in an airstrike a few days ago. The flotilla full of university students who want to study abroad and injured who need medical help was also stopped at the edge of the blockade and towed to Israel.

US vetoes UN resolution denouncing violence against Palestinians. Not surprising really considering the incestuous relationship that US-Israeli links have developed into under the Trump administration.

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2018/0602/967736-un-security-council/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

There can be no military solution to an ethnic conflict. We know this from Irish history. The military victories will only be short-term if there is not a political solution. Particularly given its already pretty much 50% Arab and 50% Jewish between the Jordan and the Meditteranean.
    Israel has already won. The land is being eaten up. At this rate in 50 years they will have nothing left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Taytoland wrote: »
    Israel has already won. The land is being eaten up. At this rate in 50 years they will have nothing left.

They have the eternal problem of trying to have the land, but without the Palestinians on it. As time goes by, they will become even more brutal, both with the population inside the recognised borders and those in the OT.

Odhinn wrote: »

They have the eternal problem of trying to have the land, but without the Palestinians on it.  As time goes by, they will become even more brutal, both with the population inside the recognised borders and those in the OT.
     The Jews will still support and back them up in America so international consequences won't happen.

The Jews will still support and back them up in America so international consequences won't happen.

"The Jews" won't.
    About 80 percent of the US Jewry sees the embassy move as a dangerous step which could negatively affect America’s position as a decent mediator between Israel and the Palestinians.
    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5259388,00.html

Odhinn wrote: »

"The Jews" won't.
    About 80 percent of the US Jewry sees the embassy move as a dangerous step which could negatively affect America’s position as a decent mediator between Israel and the Palestinians.
    https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5259388,00.html
    Rubbish. The lobby in the US is why Israel has such support and I support Israel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Palestine refugees represent 70% of the population in Gaza and there are many refugees among the dead and injured. Including young children, for example boys and girls, students of UNRWA schools.

And because I have always refused anonymity in death and suffering, allow me to name the seven UNRWA students who were killed:

Husain, 14 years old
    Alla, 16 years old
    Mohamad, 14 years old
    Jamal, 16 years old
    Iz Al Deen, 14 years old
    Wesal, 15 years old
    Sadi Said, 16 years old

They were part of the 270,000 students in UNRWA schools in Gaza. Over 90% of whom have never left Gaza in their lives; have gone through three wars in their lives; faced multiple traumas resulting from occupation, blockade, violence and fear. 

This saddens me on a personal level.

During the facebook 'ice bucket challenge' I was challenged to do it. Instead of donating to MND I choose to contribute to a UNRWA education programme. It was only US$20 year, but I continued to donate since.

We've also a boards.ie member who was working with UNRWA at the time too, I won't post his username since he still logs in (he deleted me from facebook last year, the bollox lol).

I follow Doctor Mads Gilbert on Facebook and was shocked to hear of the killing of a young Gazan nurse earlier today.

I'm lost for words tbh

Rubbish. The lobby in the US is why Israel has such support and I support Israel.

There is a vocal right wing Jewish lobby, however they are not supported by the whole of the US Jewish diaspora.

Well, over on the RTÉ website, who has been given a column but Mark Humphrys. Quite astounding at first glance, although in fairness to RTÉ it transpires at the end that 'This article has been put forward by the Israeli Embassy in Ireland. In the interest of fairness and balance, RTÉ.ie have published a response to this opinion piece here.' Fair enough.

While I have a degree of respect for Humphrys for his Right Whale-size balls in openly using his own name for the past ten years or so online, there is so much wrong with his views in the article below. And the frighteningly Orwellian language - "the situation in the West Bank is not ideal" - is disturbing:

Boycotting Israel is a hopeless misdiagnosis of the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

This loon links to his own website to back up his article and convince us it has some credibility. Because there was nowhere arms length and independent that he could use?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Well, over on the RTÉ website, who has been given a column but Mark Humphrys. Quite astounding at first glance, although in fairness to RTÉ it transpires at the end that 'This article has been put forward by the Israeli Embassy in Ireland. In the interest of fairness and balance, RTÉ.ie have published a response to this opinion piece here.' Fair enough.

While I have a degree of respect for Humphrys for his Right Whale-size balls in openly using his own name for the past ten years or so online, there is so much wrong with his views in the article below. And the frighteningly Orwellian language - "the situation in the West Bank is not ideal" - is disturbing:

Boycotting Israel is a hopeless misdiagnosis of the problem
    Oh Mark, colonisation and land grabs are rarely 'ideal'

• Advertisement

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aiBRAGDGI3c

US is isolated on this issue.

Following the shooting in the chest and death of the 21 year old female paramedic, it appears she had been in the media a few times giving interviews.

Advertisement