Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1.07 patch notes from Bend
    Hey everyone! Due to an issue that arose with Patch 1.06, we removed the update to the Auto-save function. Players who have not updated to Patch 1.06 yet will now only have access to Patch 1.07.

Patch 1.06 - 1.07
    General Fixes

Audio should no longer be cut out/dropped when it involves equipping certain engines and certain exhausts to your bike

We apologize for any inconvenience you guys may have experienced and thank you for your understanding. Our focus will still be on better optimizing the game along with addressing any major bugs. Please continue to provide any feedback you may have in the comment section below and for any bugs you experience, please provide them here.

• Was it the Nero or bounty hunter visit? The second one brings you right into the heart of them. The Nero one was the easy visit :)

I didn't actually do a mission bar the one that brings me near it.
    I just went into it myself in free roam. Spent about an hour at it and got mauled everytime. Still brilliant tho :pac:

What happens if you clear it out before a main mission?

Came across a small family campsite, everyone slaughtered. Said I'd check the nearby jacks and found a scene that would be at home in Silent Hill.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1123664187673251842?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I didn't actually do a mission bar the one that brings me near it.
    I just went into it myself in free roam. Spent about an hour at it and got mauled everytime. Still brilliant tho :pac:

What happens if you clear it out before a main mission?

Ill tell you if i ever manage to clear out a horde :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

According to a trophy guide you still get the horde trophy as the first one you encounter is story based and if you keep failing it they just give it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Came across a small family campsite, everyone slaughtered. Said I'd check the nearby jacks and found a scene that would be at home in Silent Hill.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1123664187673251842?s=19

Worst gloryhole ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Just started playing this. My main gripe so far is shooting, there's no weight to it at all. Does this change with weapon upgrades?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Aim assist is turned off. This is normally on for console games. You can pop it in in the settings that way when you aim you will lock on to the enemy.

Changing the sensitivity can help too.

But you do unlock better guns and skills that make it better.

I like the difficulty in shooting, keeps the zombies scary for longer.

• Just started playing this. My main gripe so far is shooting, there's no weight to it at all. Does this change with weapon upgrades?

It's designed to be more realistic.

Concentrate on spending skills points on Focus and aim stats early on.

On my way to a mission, I come across a freaker nest. Sigh, another open world busy work checkbox to tick off. Okay then, I stop, lob a molotov, get back on my bike and watch them burn before proceeding on to my mission. Oh, where did all those freaks come out of? Nevermind, will just weave through them BAM! freaker dived at me and tore me off the bike. I get up to see about 10 freakers between me and my fallen bike, no way I can get to it, pick it up and escape. Check ammo and see I have 8 bullets. Off I run. Luckily I'm near a little town and try hiding in a hotel. They're too clever though and start swarming in surrounding me. I jump out the window and back towards my bike swinging my bat every time a freaker pops out at me. I get to my bike, pick it up and off I go, pheeww....BAM! Tore off the bike again and quickly eaten to death by about 20 freakers.

I love how such a simple mechanic of burning a nest turned into an exhilarating fight for survival. To compare, in Witcher 3 (in my top 3 games of all time), you had to clear out monster nests in a similar fashion but doing so, I never felt I was ever in danger by doing so, just another thing to check off the list.

Also, about the Rippers gameplay/combat mechanic of
    going on their knees and welcoming freakers to eat them
    is just mad to watch. I led a single freaker to a fight with multiple rippers and watched her
    eat her way through them one by one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

When I go to torch a freaker nest, I keep my bike as close to the nest as possible. As soon as I chuck the molotov, I get on the bike and ride out of the place like a bat out of hell.

Some great tips here, except the very first one. I really don't agree with turning on the xp indicator. Yeah, it tells you when you get a headshot but takes away the look of the game big time imo.

The rest of the tips are really good. I never knew that pressing left to heal randomly picks between bandage (low health increase) and medikit (high health increase). Much easier to make bandages than find medikits so if you need health, hold l1 and choose what you want to use. The time slowing down will help also.

Your home camp always having a fuel can and parts respawning is something I didn't know either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Got this at the weekend, enjoying it so far although there was one part of the story that literally repeated itself which I found weird.

The bike gets a bit annoying imo, particularly when you want to just explore. Usually I park it up in some shrubs near a point of interest and proceed on foot with some stealth.

Came across a mental glitch though when I was going up to
    the radio tower near Tucker's place to find the runaway girl.

As I drove up I almost ran straight into a horde - almost sh@t myself but managed to get turned and escape as they gave chase. Got away eventually and came back around to the location which was crawling with freakers.

So, usual stealth tactics, sneak in, knife them... oh sh1t one saw me. Now I have 10 running headlong towards me so I equip a Molotov and let fly.....

Which respawns the fcuking horde right beside me :(

I got torn to pieces in seconds.

This happened a couple of times, anytime I used a projectile this massive horde would respawn in the exact same place.

Took me about an hour to get the mission done between this and the lack of cover in the location.

Overall it's good, can't say the story is wowing me though, it's a bit generic tbh. But the open world is fun and there's always different obstacles getting in my way. Like
    a pack of wolves attacking as I tried to stealth into a drifter camp
    or
    that FCUKING BEAR - gave me nightmares that yoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Some great tips here, except the very first one. I really don't agree with turning on the xp indicator. Yeah, it tells you when you get a headshot but takes away the look of the game big time imo.

The rest of the tips are really good. I never knew that pressing left to heal randomly picks between bandage (low health increase) and medikit (high health increase). Much easier to make bandages than find medikits so if you need health, hold l1 and choose what you want to use. The time slowing down will help also.

Your home camp always having a fuel can and parts respawning is something I didn't know either.

Yeah the headshot thing seems a bit pointless. Pretty easy to tell when you've hit a headshot anyway due to the instant red hit marker and instant death.

I've found medkits pretty easy to come by. I'm positive they respawn inside the Nero checkpoints so I always stop off to pick it up when passing one.

Necro, is this you or someone else with the exact same issue? Crazy glitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bjzr55/horde_spawns_on_me/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro, is this you or someone else with the exact same issue? Crazy glitch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bjzr55/horde_spawns_on_me/

Nah not me, I don't use reddit :)

It's actually insane and drove me mad for ages as my projectiles are my go to move if my stealth fails me :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    Nah not me, I don't use reddit :)

It's actually insane and drove me mad for ages as my projectiles are my go to move if my stealth fails me :pac:

If you're on Twitter, I'd say tweet Bend Studio, looks like a fix is definitely needed for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I've done quite the 180° on the game and am now enjoying my time with it. My biggest gripe at this stage is how one dimensional mission objectives are. Camp clear outs and hostage rescues (which also usually involve clearing camps) are the name of the game here, and it's getting tiresome. You can really tell Bend haven't done anything on this scale before as they just seem creatively void when it comes to mission structure.

Here's hoping they get a chance at a sequel, cause they're for sure onto something here and with a bit more effort put into mission diversity this could turn into something great.

As it stands, the 7 out of 10 scores this largely got seem about right to me, maybe add a point or 2 if you absolutely love clearing out camps :P

Did anybody get their feet trapped in the bear traps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Aye, a couple of times so far. That rope across the road trap is an awful pain in the arse as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Yeah, but once you know where they are they're actually great to use against the enemy

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Glad I picked this up, really enjoying it.

Only jarring thing for me is the load screen going from cut scene to game-play we are so spoilt now with seamless transitions that it really stands out when it happens even though its only for a second.
    slightly repetitive but not a bad thing.
    7/10 is probably right for it which is not bad.

The internet wants nothing but 10/10 games but there is nothing wrong with a good 7/10 like I said we are spoilt, everything cant be God of War.

Yupp, usually when I'm running for my life. gg Marauders, gg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

from what I've seen stamina seems very important, watching a video of a guy battling a horde for ten minutes, he'd made quite a bit of progress until he ran out of stamina
    Bad for him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Glad I picked this up, really enjoying it.

Only jarring thing for me is the load screen going from cut scene to game-play we are so spoilt now with seamless transitions that it really stands out when it happens even though its only for a second.
    slightly repetitive but not a bad thing.
    7/10 is probably right for it which is not bad.

The internet wants nothing but 10/10 games but there is nothing wrong with a good 7/10 like I said we are spoilt, everything cant be God of War.

I just find there's so many amazing games out there that there's no point even dealing with another open works 7/10 game. I could play days gone or something like ace combat 7 which I know I'll enjoy a lot more or even one of my older games I've not touched. There's just too much good stuff out there.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    from what I've seen stamina seems very important, watching a video of a guy battling a horde for ten minutes, he'd made quite a bit of progress until he ran out of stamina
    Bad for him

Yeah I'm only upgrading Stamina at NERO stations. Came across a bitch of a one last night. Disabled the 2 roof speakers thinking I was all smug only for 2 other speakers at either end of the compound started going off as well. The place was absolutely flooded with freakers. I've had Lucille (Bat with nails through it) for a good few hours now and had kept repairing it but broke it completely in the mayhem. I know I can find a new bat but I definitely had a bond with that one so the battle became very personal. Every last bullet, bomb and bolt was thrown. Ended swinging my boot knife like a mad man. Another checklist kind of thing that can become seriously deadly.

I had a bat with a circular saw blade. It was seriously good.

Just got a message on the ps4 from PlayStation saying "we noticed you did not receive your days gone preorder items, we have now added them to your account"

Bit late there Sony as I already have my bike upgraded, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Finally started this tonight not impressed so far is all just feels so flat or something I don’t know. The missions so far are boring AF 2 clear the camps missions in a row is the game full of stuff like this for the actual story missions ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got a message on the ps4 from PlayStation saying "we noticed you did not receive your days gone preorder items, we have now added them to your account"

Bit late there Sony as I already have my bike upgraded, thanks anyway.

Fully upgraded already?

Advertisement