Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Fully upgraded already?

Naw, the preorder was instant access to 1st upgrades for fuel tank, shroud and nitro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Made a good bit more progress with the main story. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with the "promise to ride me as much as your bike" line as she says it in front of the preacher to embarrass him so it's clearly meant as a joke and to show that she accepts the biker side of Deacon as well.

Not sure how far I am so I'll just say mid to late game
    The mission where you find out that Sarah did end up dying and then have to stab a dog two minutes later was tough to watch

Anybody had a glitch with the bounty hunting missions ? I had one located at the sawmill where the guy took off running and got killed by some zombies before I could find him. When I go to the place he died though there's no body so I can't loot the proof of kill to continue the mission :(

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

biggebruv wrote: »
    Finally started this tonight not impressed so far is all just feels so flat or something I don’t know. The missions so far are boring AF 2 clear the camps missions in a row is the game full of stuff like this for the actual story missions ?

I'll be honest...pretty much. Sometimes you will get something that resembles a set piece of some sort. But more often than not everything boils down to camp clearing, tracking stuff till you find a camp to clear, or tracking a hostage to rescue them (which usually involves clearing a camp as well).

The narrative around the missions does improve, but at least where I am, which I think is about halfway at just over 20 hours in i would guess, the objectives are literally cut and paste, no matter whether you're doing main or story missions.

I like the game, but it's objective repetition is for sure its biggest flaw.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Made a good bit more progress with the main story. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with the "promise to ride me as much as your bike" line as she says it in front of the preacher to embarrass him so it's clearly meant as a joke and to show that she accepts the biker side of Deacon as well.

Not sure how far I am so I'll just say mid to late game
    The mission where you find out that Sarah did end up dying and then have to stab a dog two minutes later was tough to watch

Anybody had a glitch with the bounty hunting missions ? I had one located at the sawmill where the guy took off running and got killed by some zombies before I could find him. When I go to the place he died though there's no body so I can't loot the proof of kill to continue the mission :(

I don't personally have a problem with the wedding/bike comment since I have context for it now, but I can definitely see why some people would find it cringey, even if it was tongue in cheek intended as comedic relief. I've watched plenty comedy films and stand-up where I've been writhing in my chair at something that was meant to come across as funny just being plain embarrassing.

Humour can fall flat, especially if a lot of people don't get the somewhat obscure context behind the joke, which is what I think happened here. If you don't know it's a genuine biker culture reference, then it either comes across as Sons of Anarchy rip off, or else just a really painful attempt at humour.

A problem I have in a lot of games is that I tend to read the subtitles instead of just listening. Was doing it here and only noticed this small horde beside me when they started running. Almost made a nice clean getaway as well except for that stupid rock.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1124442151989985280?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Resident evil 2 has ruined other zombies for me now lol

Going back to these type of zombies where nothing explodes seems old hat now LOL every kill seems the same it’s not clicking think I will sell it and move on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those bloody snipers are annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Those bloody snipers are annoying!

They sure are with their lasers following you around. I get a good kick when I take them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Met this guy the other day. About the only major glitch I've met so far.

D5r2epoWAAExW7Q.jpg:large

The ride down to lake camp was awesome with Soldiers Eyes playing in the background. Not as epic as the RDR ride into Mexico but still a great moment, especially for fans of sons of anarchy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Came across my first horde yesterday
    was collecting plants for boozer and they on the bridge and just as I got to my bike they spotted me and I barely escaped
    thrilling and frightening at the same time.

My issue with the bounty hunting body disappearing sorted itself out. I fast traveled back to the location and the mission marker changed to miles out of bounds but then the encounter just restarted with the guy alive again.

The main story line seems to be insanely long. I thought I was finished once or twice before but then it just continues and sets up what I presume is the last third of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just wondering can I still get the 20 euro deal in GameStop,2 different banners on the website saying I can get it for 20 euro and 30 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

daheadonu wrote: »
    Just wondering can I still get the 20 euro deal in GameStop,2 different banners on the website saying I can get it for 20 euro and 30 euro

I'm pretty sure it was only €20 for the pre-order and it's €30 now that the game is released.

The price of fuel at the camps is insanely expensive. I just fill up at a petrol station.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The price of fuel at the camps is insanely expensive. I just fill up at a petrol station.

Yeah, worth it to venture out unless you find yourself in the red or yellow.

The game has really opened up now I'm at iron mike's. That camp has some lovely bike upgrades, gonna do as much for them as I can to improve my beast. The custom bike skins you get as rewards are really nice as well, have a hard time choosing which I want.

Do you have your bike equipped with nitrous Zero? It gives a nice boost.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Do you have your bike equipped with nitrous Zero? It gives a nice boost.

Yupp, just level 1 though. I see that level 2 gives a significant boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, worth it to venture out unless you find yourself in the red or yellow.

The game has really opened up now I'm at iron mike's. That camp has some lovely bike upgrades, gonna do as much for them as I can to improve my beast. The custom bike skins you get as rewards are really nice as well, have a hard time choosing which I want.

Iron Mike's has some amazing bits. If you liked the game up to now you'll love the next few hours.

Iron Mike's has some amazing bits. If you liked the game up to now you'll love the next few hours.

I've loved it so far so this sounds good to me :) any idea what percentage of the main story I've gone through?

• Advertisement

I've loved it so far so this sounds good to me :) any idea what percentage of the main story I've gone through?

Maybe 60-70% id guess. I'm not finished myself, I'm just through the big iron mike story arc so a good few hours ahead of you. I think i just got a pop up saying the next mission sets in motion the end game so do all your other bits first.

I know there is a few bits left to happen (thanks Eurogamer for putting spoilers for the end of the game in the review).

Maybe 60-70% id guess. I'm not finished myself, I'm just through the big iron mike story arc so a good few hours ahead of you. I think i just got a pop up saying the next mission sets in motion the end game so do all your other bits first.

I know there is a few bits left to happen (thanks Eurogamer for putting spoilers for the end of the game in the review).

No I thought that point was the ending myself but it's not. As far as I can tell the game has 3 acts with each being roughly a third so your only 60% through once you've finished Iron Mike's.

I think I'm towards the end of the third act but every time I feel like I'm making progress with the story they throw a mandatory "clear these 3 marauder camps" mission at me even though I already cleared the ones on the map.

If your wondering what the pop up means it's just that slight mechanics
    you go to a new area on the map and can't go back for a good bit.

Had my 1st experience of running out of fuel. Tried to circle an area to take out 6 different nests, kept getting chased bit wanted to get all the nests. Circled too far and came upon a horde. Turned and started driving away and got the tutorial hint about running out of fuel....

Hopped off and legged it, was terrifying and short lived. Actually felt like being in a horror film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

they have the atmosphere just right imo, it's exactly how I expect the zombie apocalypse to be.
    Got up early to play this morning but it was too dark out and played Borderlands instead. Up at 3am on a work day playing a ten year old game. Next level stupidity.

Had my 1st experience of running out of fuel. Tried to circle an area to take out 6 different nests, kept getting chased bit wanted to get all the nests. Circled too far and came upon a horde. Turned and started driving away and got the tutorial hint about running out of fuel....

Hopped off and legged it, was terrifying and short lived. Actually felt like being in a horror film.

Yeah unlike other games where you get used to zombies and they lose their impact, this always has those I'm screwed now moments to keep you on your toes.

I tried to push the bike for ages, came across a nice hill to free wheel down...into the saw mill!!! Legged it back out on foot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Seen various people saying how hard the bears are to deal with, found my 2 experiences with them relatively easy for different reasons
    first time was on one of the rescue Lisa missions, just as Deacon muttered that there was a bear and the music turned scary, I noticed a ladder up side of a building (near a petrol station I think). So climbed up, then simply checked a Molotov at the bear, then a few shots, he ran off, came back, rinse & repeat until his health ran out - not a speck of damage for me. Second time I was doing a clear the camp mission near Iron Mike's. I'd stealthed one or two of the 13 enemies, when all of a sudden Deacon mutters about the bear again - I couldn't see him at first, then I hear loads of shooting down in the camp. Had they noticed me? No, they were shooting at the fecking bear! Bear managed to kill all but one of the camp for me before he met his grizzly (!) end. I then finish off the last one, camp done and bear meat free of charge, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Question if anyone could kindly answer.

I seem to be getting barely any copeland missions and all seem to be tucked. Is this normal? I want to upgrade my bike but need missions for him to build trust but cant seem to be able to without missions. The last one I done for him was hunting for context on where I am

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Question if anyone could kindly answer.

I seem to be getting barely any copeland missions and all seem to be tucked. Is this normal? I want to upgrade my bike but need missions for him to build trust but cant seem to be able to without missions. The last one I done for him was hunting for context on where I am

You can clear infestations and marauder campus in Cope's region to increase trust as well.

• Advertisement

Starting to find the pacing of the game is a real problem. I keep hitting plot points that really suck me in and make me want to know more.....only to be completely pulled out of the narrative by being forced to take on repetitive busywork for the camps for another 5 or 6 missions.

I've just had maybe the biggest plot revelation of the game so far happen which really made me go, "oh ****, now I'm interested". Eagerly awaited the next mission, and here I am on another copy paste bounty hunt that I have no choice but to do.

Good game and an interesting narrative when the game let's itself get into a rhythm, but holy **** does it need some of the fat trimmed.

Advertisement