Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You can clear infestations and marauder campus in Cope's region to increase trust as well.

Very low xp though is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

goon_magee wrote: »
    Starting to find the pacing of the game is a real problem. I keep hitting plot points that really suck me in and make me want to know more.....only to be completely pulled out of the narrative by being forced to take on repetitive busywork for the camps for another 5 or 6 missions.

I've just had maybe the biggest plot revelation of the game so far happen which really made me go, "oh ****, now I'm interested". Eagerly awaited the next mission, and here I am on another copy paste bounty hunt that I have no choice but to do.

Good game and an interesting narrative when the game let's itself get into a rhythm, but holy **** does it need some of the fat trimmed.

Yeah the padding of the meaningful story content with copy and paste quests is annoying and happens throughout the campaign.

Finished the main story tonight although there appears to be at least one epilogue mission. Enjoyed it despite its flaws and will probably go for the platinum now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Very low xp though is it not?

Don't recall but I was happy with the level 1 upgrades and then the level 1 upgrades at the camp after Tuckers, wouldn't worry about leveling up Cope's yet anyway.

I absolutely love the fire axe, hopefully I can get a recipe to add something cool to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Had my first encounter with freakers in the snow last night.
    Usually they go down to two taps from my bat-saw-axe, but required three or four in the freezing conditions. Also, needed two headshots to take them down.

Due to their increased resilience, was nearly swarmed by a small group I'd usually have no issue with. That was a bit scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Just got days gone in GameStop for 20 quid with a trade if anyone is interested in availing of the deal it looks like it's still going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Finger strike

This game looks offensively generic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

goon_magee wrote: »
    Starting to find the pacing of the game is a real problem. I keep hitting plot points that really suck me in and make me want to know more.....only to be completely pulled out of the narrative by being forced to take on repetitive busywork for the camps for another 5 or 6 missions.

I've just had maybe the biggest plot revelation of the game so far happen which really made me go, "oh ****, now I'm interested". Eagerly awaited the next mission, and here I am on another copy paste bounty hunt that I have no choice but to do.

Good game and an interesting narrative when the game let's itself get into a rhythm, but holy **** does it need some of the fat trimmed.

Sounds like red dead!

• Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Sounds like red dead!

In a way yes.

When it does things good it does them real good.
    But the fat should have been trimmed same as RDR2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This game looks offensively generic

Probably not the game for you then...

Ah I'm ****ing loving this. I'm currently still at iron mike's
    Boozer got a new knife :) and I'm on what I'm told is the last nero mission but I have a feeling O'Brian is gonna burn me.

I keep going from one mission into another, never have to take a break doing side stuff unless that comes later. Really invested in the characters and actually interested in what they're going through, not just some random mission givers.

Anyone else find themselves humming tunes from the guitar guy at Mike's? Fairly catchy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The infected crows are vicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The infected crows are vicious.

I read that as infected cows 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ah I'm ****ing loving this. I'm currently still at iron mike's
    Boozer got a new knife :) and I'm on what I'm told is the last nero mission but I have a feeling O'Brian is gonna burn me.

I keep going from one mission into another, never have to take a break doing side stuff unless that comes later. Really invested in the characters and actually interested in what they're going through, not just some random mission givers.

Anyone else find themselves humming tunes from the guitar guy at Mike's? Fairly catchy.

That’s it, so much of the character and world building is revealed from playing the game away from the main story line. It’s unlike most open world games that have one main story and lots of pointless busy work. Here even the busy work is loaded with important storylines.

Players who get involved are rewarded with an amazing experience.

Reviewers seem to want it all spoon fed to them in cut scenes.

They really done an injustice to an incredibly well crafted game.

Players who get involved are rewarded with an amazing experience.

I think this is key, was only thinking about it today. I was comparing it to horizon zero dawn which the majority love but I found very boring. That felt like a complete 'go here, talk to someone, go here, pick up something, go back'. I like an apocalyptic setting and it should have interested me but I found the characters and story boring. Tried using through twice but have up after about 10 hours each time as I felt like the whole thing was busy work.

Then there is Days Gone where the people are saying the same thing about it but I'm all in with the story, characters and setting. Nothing has felt like busy work as I actually feel I'm doing something for a camp, friend, etc. Now there are the odd bull**** missions like 'check on boozer, go there and boozer says I'm busy cone back later' and you pass the mission. Also the Nero missions where if you get caught or go out of listening range, the screen goes to black and you restart. Very annoying.

I'm not oblivious to the flaws this game has but I'm just enjoying it too damn much to care about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm not oblivious to the flaws this game has but I'm just enjoying it too damn much to care about them.

Sums it up. Not as polished as some games but who gives a sh#t when it's this damn fun and addictive. Not had a full night's sleep since release as can't stop playing, absolutely loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've never played a game slower. Going round killing baby zombies and running over wolves for xp. Was trying to get into a Nero site and noticed a couple of zombies in a train. Thought I better take them out rather than leave them there. As I'm trying to line up a headshot with the rifle one of them spots me, run away to put some distance between us, turn round to take them out and there's 20 of them (it may have been a thousand) bearing down on me?
    Turned it off.
    It never happened

I tried that Nero station by the train a few times until I find that a horde hangs out there.... Will come back to it :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've never played a game slower. Going round killing baby zombies and running over wolves for xp. Was trying to get into a Nero site and noticed a couple of zombies in a train. Thought I better take them out rather than leave them there. As I'm trying to line up a headshot with the rifle one of them spots me, run away to put some distance between us, turn round to take them out and there's 20 of them (it may have been a thousand) bearing down on me?
    Turned it off.
    It never happened

That Nero site is a pain in the ass. I've tried so many times to get into it only for zombies to spoil it for me.

As for the Nero sites, I'm always looking out for speakers so I can disable them to keep zombies away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Just got to the final epilogue scene/secret ending tonight. I really hope it gets a sequel because that made me want to know where the story goes next.

Also up to about 45% of the hordes killed. The Chicago chopper machine gun you can buy from one of the later camps make short work of them.

Did another 3 hordes today (only done one previous). Defo find it's a confidence thing with them, once you done one or two you get a feel for best way to approach and tactics to use against them. Still massively satisfying after completing each one!

• Advertisement

I just stole an airbag from a car :)

I love this game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

So I just heard this is a Syphon Filter sequel. I don't know how to feel about that.

Rob2D wrote: »
    So I just heard this is a Syphon Filter sequel. I don't know how to feel about that.

I just read up on that without trying to read too many spoilers... it would seem to be set in the same world as Syphon Filter with references to those games rather than being an actual sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn have taught us anything, it is how important shrubbery will be in the Apocalypse

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn have taught us anything, it is how important shrubbery will be in the Apocalypse

I'm just gonna hide in a wheelie bin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just got to Iron Mike gaff and I had over 2000 credits and now there all gone?

Just got to Iron Mike gaff and I had over 2000 credits and now there all gone?

That's happened to me as well. Something very odd. Didn't really affect me that much as I made the money back quickly enough but it was a little annoying.

Each camp has their own credits that you have to build up or was it ye had 2000 credits at Mike's and then they disappeared?

I got level 2 with Mike's last night, fully upgraded my bike and bought a couple of nice guns, feel like I'm leveling up at a good pace.

I'd love you could have built your bike from scratch though. Rikki's bike with the high handlebars are class although they look like they would be tiring on the arms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Each camp has their own credits that you have to build up or was it ye had 2000 credits at Mike's and then they disappeared?

I got level 2 with Mike's last night, fully upgraded my bike and bought a couple of nice guns, feel like I'm leveling up at a good pace.

I'd love you could have built your bike from scratch though. Rikki's bike with the high handlebars are class although they look like they would be tiring on the arms.

I had over 2000 before going there, didn't realize each camp had their own credits.

• Advertisement

I had over 2000 before going there, didn't realize each camp had their own credits.

yeah, own credits and own trust at each camp. to be fair you build them up pretty quick if you do the camp's missions, by the time you have the trust built up to have access to buy the good stuff you should have built up the credits also to be able to afford them

Advertisement