Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

I would report the pm's.

I can't, it will send spoilers to to the admins.
    I've reported 5+ accounts in the last few months
    Stalking my account

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Few other tips i found out.

Petrol: Mechanics will top you up for a fee at the bases, they will also come collect you for a fee if you run out of petrol in the open. You can top up at petrol stations, your lookout base, or with the red cans for free.

Do the bandit camps early, in the bunkers you find blueprints to unlock better gadgets. Melee weapons, smoke bombs, pipe bombs.

Save strangers and send them to camps, getting thrust to level 2 gets good guns and reduces the issues with gunplay.

Also level 2 bike upgrades also give a bigger petrol tank and much better control and performance. Makes driving much more fun.

Less zombies come out of nests at night so are easier to burn out, but there are more zombies knocking around so still hard.

I thought it probably worth pointing that zombies are stronger at night as well, so much whilst the nests are empty more empty, the zombies that are there will be harder to take down.

To be fair I haven't paid much heed to time of day when taking down nests, there is usually enough of a delay between the nest going up and the zombies escaping that you should be fine to just book it to the nearest shrubs and wait it out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Going through the tunnels is nerve wracking .

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I've been thinking of getting a PS 4 just got this game, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

galwayllm wrote: »
    I've been thinking of getting a PS 4 just got this game, is it worth it?

No, its gone so late in this gen buying a new system is a risk in terms of future support; consoles haven't dropped price dramatically since they launched this gen either. If you wait 18 months you can play it on a backwards compatible PS5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

ERG89 wrote: »
    No, its gone so late in this gen buying a new system is a risk in terms of future support; consoles haven't dropped price dramatically since they launched this gen either. If you wait 18 months you can play it on a backwards compatible PS5.

Thank you, and yes I can easily wait! I'm a Xbox player but going to change it up for a while, I'll wait for the PS5 ...
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Having been out most of the day fancied a quick hour session this evening. 6 hours later I've finally dragged myself away, it's becoming very very addictive the more I get into it. Keep trying to ride to a certain mission but meeting so much on my way which puts me of course. Beat my first horde tonight - tense, terrifying and deeply satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Opened up a car boot, out popped a zombie and killed me there and then. Happened so freakin' fast that I had no time to react to it. Gave me the fright of my life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Having been out most of the day fancied a quick hour session this evening. 6 hours later I've finally dragged myself away, it's becoming very very addictive the more I get into it. Keep trying to ride to a certain mission but meeting so much on my way which puts me of course. Beat my first horde tonight - tense, terrifying and deeply satisfying!

Yip, and if you just fast travelled you would miss all of these class extra bits. I knew once people played it they would like it. Reviewers burned though the story so have missed 70% of the game that comes to life through wandering.

I will put this into spoiler tags as it's completely random but I was heading towards an ambushers camp to get one of those bunkers...

Sneaking around the back when all of a sudden
    a full horde of infected (I mean like about 50) rushed the base
    They rushed the base and Killed everyone in it and I never even fired a bullet just basically watching and hearing all the panic and gunfire in the distance was class

One of the Best moment so far and then
    I spent all my grenades and molotovs killing the horde then

• Advertisement

I have done a lot of exploring but have yet to encounter a horde. I come across huge swarms that I assume at the time must be one, but once defeated the map legend still displays as 0 of however many hordes defeated.

Is there something I am missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you'd be awesome in a real life zombie apocalypse goon :)

despite all the doom and gloom in the reviews this really looks like something I'd enjoy, not tempted to dive in just yet but will pick it up at some stage

goon_magee wrote: »
    I have done a lot of exploring but have yet to encounter a horde. I come across huge swarms that I assume at the time must be one, but once defeated the map legend still displays as 0 of however many hordes defeated.

Is there something I am missing?

I only managed to clear out 2, once you have killed all the horde the progress report comes up and it should be clear if you have taken em all out

I found one in a specific location near a bunch of trains and a burn site

I'm playing it on hard too, lol me nerves when it gets close
    I got mauled a couple of times, once they rush you and you have no escape plan you are ****ed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gimli2112 wrote: »
    you'd be awesome in a real life zombie apocalypse goon :)

despite all the doom and gloom in the reviews this really looks like something I'd enjoy, not tempted to dive in just yet but will pick it up at some stage

I'd say it will tank in price pretty quickly. Sony games always do and this is bound to underperform.

yeah I was thinking that, the only problem is I've tended to buy digitally from the PS store which retains the original retail price forever, subject to 60% off limited time sales and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Days Gone beats MK11 to reach number 1 in UK games charts. Good for you Days Gone.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd say it will tank in price pretty quickly. Sony games always do and this is bound to underperform.

:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eh, it's a slow few months and also just because it seems to sell a lot of copies doesn't mean that Sony haven't over produced copies, which is the true measure or underperforming.

Sony always overproduce copies even for their best selling games which is why they tank in price and this could happen faster with this game.

That's videogame economics and distribution 101 not fanboyism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

I don't think this game is bound to underperform. If it came out in a hectic release window then maybe it would but I'd say it'll do well enough.

The more I play the more I'm enjoying it. Was trying to clear out a bandit camp in stealth when I walked straight into one of those can trip line things. Apparently there was a horde nearby because they swarmed the place and killed them all. Luckily for me I was right next to the bunker entrance so I slept till they went away.

I tried to take down a hoard and killed 50 swarmers before I had to flee. Didn't even feel like I killed a third of it so I'm definitely going to leave it a while.

Major problem so far is the awful enemy ai. Had one of the agile zombies climb up the same part of a building infinitely because each time he reached the window he'd fall instead of climb through it. Also had a random enemy biker crash into a tree and just stay there until his engine attracted enough zombies to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Ai isn’t great with enemies in camps, can kill one and the other is 10 m away and doesn’t hear or look

Also can attack them individually as they seem to wait in turns to attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Going through the tunnels is nerve wracking .

Especially when you have to get off your bike to the push vehicles blocking your path.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,564 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Especially when you have to get off your bike to the push vehicles blocking your path.

I had to do that once and I noped out of the tunnel, decided to do an activity on the map that didn't require me to go through that tunnel. I love horror games/films and didn't even find Resi 2 as tense as this game. I love it!

Gyan84 wrote: »
    I don't think this game is bound to underperform. If it came out in a hectic release window then maybe it would but I'd say it'll do well enough.

The more I play the more I'm enjoying it. Was trying to clear out a bandit camp in stealth when I walked straight into one of those can trip line things. Apparently there was a horde nearby because they swarmed the place and killed them all. Luckily for me I was right next to the bunker entrance so I slept till they went away.

I tried to take down a hoard and killed 50 swarmers before I had to flee. Didn't even feel like I killed a third of it so I'm definitely going to leave it a while.

Major problem so far is the awful enemy ai. Had one of the agile zombies climb up the same part of a building infinitely because each time he reached the window he'd fall instead of climb through it. Also had a random enemy biker crash into a tree and just stay there until his engine attracted enough zombies to kill him.

The terrible AI is one of the main things still holding me back from fully immersing myself in the game. The other flaws I had issues with are becoming less and less problematic as I progress, but that AI is just woeful, which is a shame, because the more I play I'm genuinely having an alright time with the game otherwise.

One thing I'm really liking is the way the missions are structured into storylines that all overlap and ebb and flow depending on progress elsewhere in the game. Usually in open world action games or RPGs you're free to blitz through a questline from start to finish as you see fit which can often lead to a disconnect between all the individual storylines going on. By gating and staggering storyline progress in this, things flow at a much more natural pace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Have to say, after playing about ten hours or so, I'm not really understanding why there's so many reviewers commenting on the unlikeability of the main character.

they said that about Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn and I thought she was awesome, more that she was dull I guess
    Joel's a fairly heinous individual yet everyone seems to love him

I think this "terrible AI" is being exaggerated IMO.
    There is the odd bug with path-finding which they seem to be addressing.
    The horde AI in particular is great I think

gimli2112 wrote: »
    they said that about Aloy in Horizon Zero Dawn and I thought she was awesome, more that she was dull I guess
    Joel's a fairly heinous individual yet everyone seems to love him

There has been alot of PC bull**** around having a gruff manly character in a game
    It's the sign of the times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

So is the game decent? Love sp games, is there a lot of busy work, repitition like ubi games.

Certainly noticed more criticism of main characters in reviews in recent years. I didn't particularly relate to my character in Doom but it didn't affect me in anyway. I think it's a problem with the internet everyone's got an opinion and wants you to know it. This thread certainly puts the game in a better light than most reviews I've seen.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Days Gone beats MK11 to reach number 1 in UK games charts. Good for you Days Gone.

To add to this it's the best physical launch of the year in the UK alone.
    Impressive.

Advertisement