Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,575 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Careful with 1.06. Multiple people saying it's crashing their PS4 on reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Noooo! In that case hopefully 1.07 comes out before I get home. Need me Days Gone fix this evening....

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Noooo! In that case hopefully 1.07 comes out before I get home. Need me Days Gone fix this evening....

Did you install 6 already? I don't think you need to install any patches to play the game unlike other online ones.

Thanks for the heads up. I will avoid this evening. Can't afford to **** up my saves.

Did you install 6 already? I don't think you need to install any patches to play the game unlike other online ones.

No, good point. I've seen mixed reviews of the update but think I'll stay clear for a day or two to be sure. cheers for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Number 1 indicator that someone knows F all about game development is that E3 comparison crap and giving devs a hard time over it.

Of course it's a downgrade. A trailer is a small slice, you can put loads into it that just doesn't scale when you try to put it into the full game. Even Dev kits are way more powerful than retail consoles so can run much higher quality. So you have to cut stuff to get it to work on retail devices.

Imagine asking someone to draw a 6 inch straight line free hand. They could do a pretty good job. Then ask them to draw a straight line a mile long. It would be impossible to maintain the same quality at scale. That's pretty much game development on titles this size. But that's what people expect.
    Ah here, I'm only joking that you'll see a Remastered version since it's inevitable given that they had to downgrade to account for the lower-power CPU of the PS4 vs dev kits.

What's interesting to me is the change in interactivity, mob behaviour/speed, and that they seemed to remove a lot of scripted events.

https://old.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bj2pzl/beware_patch_106/?st=jv3we1ff&sh=42086472

Yea I would stay clear. I've bloody auto updates on. I wont be powering on this evening.

https://old.reddit.com/r/DaysGone/comments/bj2pzl/beware_patch_106/?st=jv3we1ff&sh=42086472

Yea I would stay clear. I've bloody auto updates on. I wont be powering on this evening.

I've also auto-updates. Can you not just hit pause in the notifications menu before the update completes? That was my plan at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

While I was killing some zombies last night, I managed to behead one. I had his head, but his corpse disappeared. When I went back looking for his head, it also disappeared :eek:

I've also auto-updates. Can you not just hit pause in the notifications menu before the update completes? That was my plan at least...

I booted up the game, update started downloading, went straight to downloads and paused it. Will hold out until Bend address it.

• Advertisement

The concern is the patch is so small. I think it's only 150mb. You would need to be really quick.

I've seen issues with save files before where once a game is patched the saves are no longer compatible with older versions.

I'm not sure that's the case here but I would be cautious.

Yeah Fred, might be worth uploading saves to the cloud if you have PS+ first before booting up the game. You can unplug your router, power on the PS4 and uncheck auto updates also.

Bend has posted 1.06 notes on Reddit but didn't address the crash issue. More people reporting it so would definitely avoid it.

Patch was for the sound issue dropping out and autosaves (I think to stop creating an individual Save for every autosave which was filling up people's drives.

EDIT: Save, not Dave. Thanks Gimli :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yes there's far too many Daves in the world

It's pretty badif a patch is resetting your console. Every time it happens me my world stands still as I try to reboot

Devs aware and working on crash issue.

#PandaWatch

In other news, I came across a group of freakers, maybe 30 or more and I watched hidden from sight. They moved to a lake and started drinking together. Was mad, like watching a David Attenborough doc....until one of the ****ers had snuck up on me, attacked me and they all rushed me. Quick get away on the bike. Was beautiful while it lasted.

Managed to dodge a bullet and steer clear of 1.06

Nice

Managed to dodge a bullet and steer clear of 1.06

Nice

I feel like switching my machine on tonight will be like driving down one of those tunnels at night - will the new patch pop out on me before I expect it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The 1.06 update isn't there now so y'all should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The 1.06 update isn't there now so y'all should be okay.

Probably will get bashed for this but I feel a bit bad for Sony Bend. They probably went from months of crunch to making these patches in response to reviews mentioning the bugs.
    I know everyone has to do it a bit post launch but they seem to be working hard on getting the patches out fast for a game that is out less than a week today it didn't work out but you can't fault their effort.

I had a game last year, can't remember which one though, where it was a mess at launch and the devs were hammering out patches but they had to go through approval process by sony and Microsoft first which delayed then over a week everytime they had a patch. I guess first party studios like Bend get the green light straight away but means this kind of thing can happen. At least they rolled back and working on a fix the same day, all you can ask.

Not enough hours in the day to spend with this game, still loving it.

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1123359158315700224?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

**** me that
    bear fight was a bitch I eventually got it with moltove and pipe bombs .

ERG89 wrote: »
    Probably will get bashed for this but I feel a bit bad for Sony Bend. They probably went from months of crunch to making these patches in response to reviews mentioning the bugs.
    I know everyone has to do it a bit post launch but they seem to be working hard on getting the patches out fast for a game that is out less than a week today it didn't work out but you can't fault their effort.

Yeah I'd agree. It must be bad for the devs seeing the mixed reviews. When you think of the GoW director crying as the reviews came in. There's a lot of creative people trying to do their best. They really don't know how it's going to be received until it's out there. There's some consolation, I guess that it's sales seem very strong

So.....

Who has been to the Lumber mill yet......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hello all. Having seen the trailer for this at E3, I thought it was gonna be a poor man's Left 4 Dead, but clearly I was wrong :D Was in a friend's place last night to watch the Spurs game and he was showing me this before hand. I think I'll be picking it up, looks like a lot of fun. I know nothing about the story, only the mechanics which I enjoyed. I cleared out a lumber mill of nests of thingies and that was quite satisfying. It's gone from something I had no interest in to something I'll probably pick up in a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Where is cheapest to get this lads? Cant see it on Argos website :(

Patch 1.07 live now. I see on reddit someone saying their console is no longer crashing but they seem to be falling through the map now :pac:

Might hold off on downloading this until a few more guinea pigs try it out.

So.....

Who has been to the Lumber mill yet......

Like to follow on from this without spoilers. I really hope there are more areas like this.
    Absolutely thrilling game-play. It's the best part of the game.
    Eager to see when others find it and see what they think. I'm playing on hard too.
    I need better weapons and crafting items I think to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,777 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm getting all nervy from what I read about the lumber yard here. I can see it on the map, but didn't venture near it yet.

And on another note, the enemy snipers shot me off my bike while riding it a few times.

I've seen the lumberyard on youtube, it's not for the faint hearted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Like to follow on from this without spoilers. I really hope there are more areas like this.
    Absolutely thrilling game-play. It's the best part of the game.
    Eager to see when others find it and see what they think. I'm playing on hard too.
    I need better weapons and crafting items I think to win!

Was it the Nero or bounty hunter visit? The second one brings you right into the heart of them. The Nero one was the easy visit :)

Advertisement