Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 462 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Quackster wrote: »
    Are you able to log in after re-registering? I'm still stuck in a re-registration loop!

Did you try login in using your email instead of your phone number? Worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Did you try login in using your email instead of your phone number? Worked for me.

What's the web address of the login page that worked?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Aha! Thanks for being a lot more helpful than Three customer service!

I see the new-look My3 is the same as the one already used for ex-O2 accounts.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What's the web address of the login page that worked?

login.three.ie working for me now using email address as username for account I had to re-register and mobile number as username for my ex-O2 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

three customer service are driving me crazy, it took two hours to get through to them, then almost three hours online chat and still not sorted.

Wont issue a refund, wont send a usage report, going round in bloody circles. Are all their systems gone completely kaput?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I couldn't login and was getting the "...after 5 attempts your account will be locked..." message on login.three.ie.
    I was using my phone number to login.

But then I tried logging into 3Community instead: https://community.three.ie/t5/notes/v1_1/privatenotespage
    I got in there no problems. Once there I clicked "My3" at the top and was able to get into the main account Customer Dashboard.

Give that a shot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I *finally* got this to work with 3. Firstly, don't even think about using Firefox to use Threes amazing new website, it just does not work and randomly spits out 400 errors. They seem to have borrowed the same idea from Virgin Media..

Use Chrome to register for the new My 3 account. Then go into the Playstore app on the phone and under: Hamburger menu -> Payment Methods choose More Payment Methods. Delete the Three payment method in here (It says something like "Account closed"). You might need to switch to your Credit card for subscriptions you have which are currently active. I just cancelled the subscriptions before doing this. If you don't do this your card will probably be charged for any overdue ones!

After deleting the Pay with 3 option I restarted the phone (although I imagine toggling airplane mode on and off should have same effect). Go back into Playstore -> Payment methods and there is an option to setup carrier billing with 3. Voila I can now pay again with 3 credit! :) Btw Threes comical Live chat support yesterday got me absolutely no where. I don't think the chap understood me and just closed the chat after 5 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

mrcheez wrote: »
    I couldn't login and was getting the "...after 5 attempts your account will be locked..." message on login.three.ie.

But then I tried logging into 3Community instead: https://community.three.ie/t5/notes/v1_1/privatenotespage
    I got in there no problems. Once there I clicked "My3" at the top and was able to get into the main account Customer Dashboard.

Give that a shot.

I had re-registered last week, but could not seem to log in afterwards (kept saying my username or password was incorrect). An agent I spoke to today reset my password (even though it was fine), but that still didn't work. So I tried your link above, with her password and magically, it got me to reset my password and I could log in to the My3 dashboard!
    However, I went to log in again a short while later and just kept getting the same endless loop about getting an email and validating it (which I did last week).
    What a mess!
    yoyo wrote: »
    I *finally* got this to work with 3. Firstly, don't even think about using Firefox to use Threes amazing new website, it just does not work and randomly spits out 400 errors. They seem to have borrowed the same idea from Virgin Media..

Use Chrome to register for the new My 3 account. Then go into the Playstore app on the phone and under: Hamburger menu -> Payment Methods choose More Payment Methods. Delete the Three payment method in here (It says something like "Account closed"). You might need to switch to your Credit card for subscriptions you have which are currently active. I just cancelled the subscriptions before doing this.

After deleting the Pay with 3 option I restarted the phone (although I imagine toggling airplane mode on and off should have same effect). Go back into Playstore -> Payment methods and there is an option to setup carrier billing with 3. Voila I can now pay again with 3 credit! :) Btw Threes comical Live chat support yesterday got me absolutely no where. I don't think the chap understood me and just closed the chat after 5 minutes!!

My 3 billing account has been marked as "closed" ever since 3 did their upgrade back on the 3rd. I was terrified about deleting my 3 billing option on the Play Store, in case it wouldn't let me add it in as an option again.
    But I followed your instructions and it was there straight away (even before restarting my phone). I confirmed it there by spending some credit!

I still don't think I'll be able to log back into My3 any time soon, but I don't care as long as I can spend credit (and top up when I need to).

Thanks to all the folks who posted here over the past while. 3 are obviously in a bit of a mess at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Full circle, Yoyo! Could one of ye please try and sign up for Stadia and see if carrier billing is an option?
    You don't need to go through with the sale, just get the app on the play store and sign up to the trial to where it allows you to pick a payment type! You can back out after that, unless you want to try it free for 2 months ;)

"3" disappeared from my billing options, but only for Stadia, and I've so many subs on it already, I don't want to delete unless I know it will actually work :)

Thanks a million!

Give that a shot.

Yeah, when I try log in from login.three.ie using my email address, the first attempt invariably seems to result in an 'incorrect password' warning (even though I've used the correct password) but when I try a second time it works fine. Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They should have migrated customers in batches rather than a full switchover at same time.

They definitely haven't migrated everyone over. Another family member hasn't had to re-register (yet) and is still logging into the old My3 portal.

Mac0783 wrote: »
    three customer service are driving me crazy, it took two hours to get through to them, then almost three hours online chat and still not sorted.

Wont issue a refund, wont send a usage report, going round in bloody circles. Are all their systems gone completely kaput?

When I tried getting help from them, I was told my number isn't even on their system so they couldn't find me! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Full circle, Yoyo! Could one of ye please try and sign up for Stadia and see if carrier billing is an option?

Not an option for me.
    I have Deezer + Shudder as carrier billing, so I know it works.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not an option for me.

Me either.

To double check I still have 3 billing I went to update my current Shudder payment method and 3 still showing in available payment methods.

However, I went to log in again a short while later and just kept getting the same endless loop about getting an email and validating it (which I did last week)

Try a new incognito tab for the next login on whichever link worked.

For some reason 3's cookies seem to be causing a problem so a new incognito tab might work as it clears cookies when it's closed and starts afresh next time.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Not an option for me.
    Me either.

To double check I still have 3 billing I went to update my current Shudder payment method and 3 still showing in available payment methods.

Thank guys!

Yeah, it's really weird!
    Only Stadia doesn't work, but they say they aren't the problem!
    I gave google pay on DM and am going to check with them!
    I thought 3 might be the issue, but not so sure! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yoyo wrote: »

Use Chrome to register for the new My 3 account. Then go into the Playstore app on the phone and under: Hamburger menu -> Payment Methods choose More Payment Methods. Delete the Three payment method in here (It says something like "Account closed"). You might need to switch to your Credit card for subscriptions you have which are currently active. I just cancelled the subscriptions before doing this.

Make sure you cancel any overdue subscriptions before deleting carrier billing, they charged my credit card straight away! :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Make sure you cancel any overdue subscriptions before deleting carrier billing, they charged my credit card straight away! :mad:

I have just made this clearer in my post! :o

OK now I'm getting the issue with not being able to login on my account and Three support seem to be clueless.
    I guess my main concern is that I'm going to get charged on my credit and something is going to mess up.

Can anyone who cannot currently login confirm whether or not charges to their credit are going through successfully?
    I have a payment due to come out on the 17th, so I'm trying to decide if I cancel it.

EDIT: maybe a false alarm... Incognito mode is working... so yes I guess the cookies are messing things up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Thank guys!

Yeah, it's really weird!
    Only Stadia doesn't work, but they say they aren't the problem!
    I gave google pay on DM and am going to check with them!
    I thought 3 might be the issue, but not so sure! :(

Any update? Google Pay still haven't replied to my tweet.

• Advertisement

Cossax wrote: »
    Any update? Google Pay still haven't replied to my tweet.

They sent me a DM yesterday with the below link to follow up with them!

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7644089?hl=en&ref_topic=7644061

But I haven't replied yet, as I'm leaning more towards Three's migration being the problem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

I'm now missing loads of credit, had over 100 last I checked and now it's 29. Gonna be a few interesting calls tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

calnand wrote: »
    I'm now missing loads of credit, had over 100 last I checked and now it's 29. Gonna be a few interesting calls tomorrow.

Missus is reporting missing credit too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Raoul

calnand wrote: »

This happened me before, not by much, maybe 8/9 euro. Eventually it came back. It literally wasn't worth the hassle trying to follow it up. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Might ye have better luck discussing this in the Three/Vodafone forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

garrkell wrote: »
    Might ye have better luck discussing this in the Three/Vodafone forums?

Neither have a presence on Boards anymore. I've had success before dealing with 3 on Twitter. Maybe try there.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Just a heads-up. I got a text yesterday about further downtime and upgrade of Threes systems between 2pm Sunday 19th to 9am Tuesday 21st. They recommend topping up before that if your top-up falls between those dates. They say calls/texts/data won't be affected. Wonder if 3 billing will be down again during that time though.....

Weird, my text says the downtime is between 8pm Fri 17th to 9am Tue 21st :D

Just a heads-up. I got a text yesterday about further downtime and upgrade of Threes systems between 2pm Sunday 19th to 9am Tuesday 21st. They recommend topping up before that if your top-up falls between those dates. They say calls/texts/data won't be affected. Wonder if 3 billing will be down again during that time though.....

It feels more like a downgrade with some uptime

• Advertisement

Have you already been migrated to the new My3? I'm assuming that's why your downtime is less.

Advertisement