Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

thanks guys for the tips. very helpful.

anyone recommend any paid apps they got from the google store? Im looking for a kids education app if anyone has any recommendations. something for hte kids while off school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

thanks guys for the tips. very helpful.

anyone recommend any paid apps they got from the google store? Im looking for a kids education app if anyone has any recommendations. something for hte kids while off school.

I've found Duolingo great. It would be perfect for kids! They will pick it up very easily and it will help them down the line in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,629 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

mrcheez wrote: »
    Gonna sign up tomorrow so that the charge begins on the 1st of each month.. or can anyone verify if the first charge starts on 1st if I sign up today?

Afaik the 7 day trial runs out on 31st

This Disney Plus lark is great ... watching Tron last night.. then movies I've missed like Captain Marvel

Great value for using credit on!

I've found Duolingo great. It would be perfect for kids! They will pick it up very easily and it will help them down the line in school.

Thanks very much Zoe Hundreds Selflessness. Ill give it ago. much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

I see three billing as an option for one Drive. Great ! But I can only see the personal option (1 user). Can you then later upgrade to the home option ( multiple users) and still pay with three ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I didn't realise you can pay for extra Google drive storage with 3 credit as well. 1.99 a month for 100gb. I'd been running out of space so sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Quackster wrote: »
    Think it might be €50 from experience. Buy a €15 Google Play Store gift card. You can get them in Tesco. Apply to your account and then you will be able to pay the balance with your Three credit.

Anyone try this and confirm it lets you split payments over two methods? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Anyone having issues logging in to my three at the moment? I've been unable to for about 4 days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone having issues logging in to my three at the moment? I've been unable to for about 4 days now.

I had that problem today so just went through the whole process of reseting password and was able to login then.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Daffodil day today.

Text DAFFODIL to 50300 to donate €4. Text costs €4. Irish Cancer Society will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service provider: LikeCharity. Helpline 076 6805278

Good cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Guys, how do you buy a subscription to disney+ with vodafone credit? I have €55 credit. Also, if I just add another €15 can I buy the years subscription?

I have a dual SIM phone, one is a work sim and the other has the credit on it. I just want to make sure I'm NOT using the work sim to purchase this.

I've added Vodafone billing but I can't see what number it is attached to.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

antodeco wrote: »
      Guys, how do you buy a subscription to disney+ with vodafone credit? I have €55 credit. Also, if I just add another €15 can I buy the years subscription?

I have a dual SIM phone, one is a work sim and the other has the credit on it. I just want to make sure I'm NOT using the work sim to purchase this.

Thanks

look back on the thread but to pay once off for annual sub, vodafone only allow I think €30/month so an option is to get a google play gift card from tesco and add to your account and that way you can use the €30 vodafone credit..

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that there is a limit on three anyway, maybe someone can confirm for Vodafone?

In any case you could do the monthly sub

To be on the safe side id try another phone with the sim you want to use.

Thanks guys. I can switch off the SIM card so it's not active, but Google doesn't confirm which number it comes from. If I switch off the SIM I can still add via vodafone billing, but literally no idea from what Vodafone account!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks guys. I can switch off the SIM card so it's not active, but Google doesn't confirm which number it comes from. If I switch off the SIM I can still add via vodafone billing, but literally no idea from what Vodafone account!

I've a work voda and personal three sim. I switch off the voda when buying using credit

Perfect thank you. I've signed up for the 7 day trial so will keep an eye on it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Just did a test there of purchasing on Google, it shows my number at the payment stage

Just did a test there of purchasing on Google, it shows my number at the payment stage

Thanks for that. I may have to wait until I'm being charged to see the number!

i think i read somewhere on this thread that it wasnt possible to get youtube premium with three credit.

i seemed to be able to. using the youtube app and going into settings and youtube premium.

might be good during this lockdown to avoid the ads on youtube its 12euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

might be good during this lockdown to avoid the ads on youtube its 12euro a month.

Using F/fox with some add-ons seems to do that pretty well too :)

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

0lddog wrote: »
      Using F/fox with some add-ons seems to do that pretty well too :)

Would that work on the telly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Would that work on the telly ?

I have no idea. With luck some clever person who does know will come along.

( I have F/Fox on an Android phone and a -tetherd - win lappy and both are more or less ad free :) )

scrap my previous message, youtube premium is a gimmick. cant download kids cartoons. if it includes google music then maybe it might be okay for some. i note there are other ways to download youtube videos without ads that ill let the reader look into themselves if they wish.

Did everyone's Disney+ subscription payment go through successfully? Mine is due tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭jeffk

scrap my previous message, youtube premium is a gimmick. cant download kids cartoons. if it includes google music then maybe it might be okay for some. i note there are other ways to download youtube videos without ads that ill let the reader look into themselves if they wish.

You can get it for 160 or so via a vpn on your credit card

The only benefit i really see is no ads for 40c a week

Then as you said, well its now youtube music is there, just you get a lot of Indian stuff but search around and find what you like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My YT premium lapsed for one day when I moved from 3 to goMo and i couldn't stand not having it, there are so many ads! I had to sort out getting it again.

I have YT channel myself (not particularly big), so I'm happy enough that my ad-free experience still pays the channels I watch, but it wouldn't bother me at all if a viewer mentioned they had an ad-blocker. I think most youtubers have tried to move away from the ad-revenue model now anyways, that's why you see so many sponsored videos, "merch" and patreon stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

My YT premium lapsed for one day when I moved from 3 to goMo and i couldn't stand not having it, there are so many ads! I had to sort out getting it again.

I have YT channel myself (not particularly big), so I'm happy enough that my ad-free experience still pays the channels I watch, but it wouldn't bother me at all if a viewer mentioned they had an ad-blocker. I think most youtubers have tried to move away from the ad-revenue model now anyways, that's why you see so many sponsored videos, "merch" and patreon stuff.

being able to listen to youtube videos while the app is closed makes it worth it for me.

there are other free apps but the permissions you have to give them are well dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

garrkell wrote: »
      being able to listen to youtube videos while the app is closed makes it worth it for me.

there are other free apps but the permissions you have to give them are well dodge.

Actually that was one of the biggest things I missed too now that you mention it!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I think most youtubers have tried to move away from the ad-revenue model now anyways, that's why you see so many sponsored videos, "merch" and patreon stuff.

A little tip when watching on a PC - The keyboard's right arrow skips 5 seconds, great for skipping those VPN, online course, etc. sponsors having seen them countless times.

It is a pity Patreon can't be paid through phone credit (even if it had a surcharge to cover overhead) as I pledge to a few channels. Besides directly supporting the YouTubers, most let you watch their videos a few days before public release. For example, on Techmoan's channel, he usually answers most questions on the Patreon release's private comment feed and I enjoy reading the comments, where he goes into detail not covered in the video. Once the video goes public on YouTube, the public comments feed instantly gets filled with noise and there's almost not a hope in being able to ask him a question.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
      Did everyone's Disney+ subscription payment go through successfully? Mine is due tomorrow I think.

bump ... there must be some of ye that were charged today, or did it fail ?

Advertisement