Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

editorsean wrote: »
    A little tip when watching on a PC - The keyboard's right arrow skips 5 seconds, great for skipping those VPN, online course, etc. sponsors having seen them countless times.

It is a pity Patreon can't be paid through phone credit (even if it had a surcharge to cover overhead) as I pledge to a few channels. Besides directly supporting the YouTubers, most let you watch their videos a few days before public release. For example, on Techmoan's channel, he usually answers most questions on the Patreon release's private comment feed and I enjoy reading the comments, where he goes into detail not covered in the video. Once the video goes public on YouTube, the public comments feed instantly gets filled with noise and there's almost not a hope in being able to ask him a question.

Yeah it would be great! I actually use Github for sponsorship as they have no fees. I don't bother with early releases, I'm small enough that I can recognise the regulars that comment. I sometimes post in-flight videos on my discord for feedback, which is actually a great help.

Completely off topic, but I'm pretty certain I linked your website to someone today regarding F2000 as a wifi extender!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

mrcheez wrote: »
    bump ... there must be some of ye that were charged today, or did it fail ?

Mine went through yesterday no problem. I used my three credit to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

bump ... there must be some of ye that were charged today, or did it fail ?

yes yesterday got charged on vdf , at the end of the trial into the subs ; if it fails to charge ( say you had enough credit on 24th, but not enough yesterday ) they will be all over you to make you pay with card or else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

go4it wrote: »
    yes yesterday got charged on vdf , at the end of the trial into the subs ; if it fails to charge ( say you had enough credit on 24th, but not enough yesterday ) they will be all over you to make you pay with card or else

It was mainly to check if they were charging but the charge not continuing the membership (as was the case with some other apps recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone able to get Stadia sub working with Three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Mine went through yesterday no problem. I used my three credit to pay.

same, my monthly payment went through using three credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Parking still works in Dublin

Can't see it now but I know someone was asking recently. I used it yesterday with no issues

same, my monthly payment went through using three credit.

Mine failed (had plenty of credit) and when I went to set it back up in the app, 3 credit was no longer an option for billing.
    Stadia on twitter DM told me that carrier billing is still an option for them and told me to contact G Pay!

Still haven't sent them a message though!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Mine failed (had plenty of credit) and when I went to set it back up in the app, 3 credit was no longer an option for billing.

Just so others are not getting crossed lines with Stadia or other apps, are you saying that your 3 credit payment for Disney+ failed?

Mine went through ok... but I elected to pay monthly for €6.99.

Is the option to pay for Disney+ with 3 credit no longer available for new customers?

Just so others are not getting crossed lines with Stadia or other apps, are you saying that your 3 credit payment for Disney+ failed?

Mine went through ok... but I elected to pay monthly for €6.99.

Is the option to pay for Disney+ with 3 credit no longer available for new customers?

Sorry mrcheez, I think I was crossing lines there!

My issue is with Stadia!

Disney+, I also pay for with carrier billing and have no issue with! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Does the likes of Disney+ payment only work with Google/Andoid? My son has an iphone with ample credit but I dont see any option to pay with Vodafone in the Disney app. WOuld I have to temporarily set up SIM in an android phone to activate this?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

leex wrote: »
    Does the likes of Disney+ payment only work with Google/Andoid? My son has an iphone with ample credit but I dont see any option to pay with Vodafone in the Disney app. WOuld I have to temporarily set up SIM in an android phone to activate this?

Has to be android, Apple do not support carrier billing for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

leex wrote: »

If you put the sim into an android phone to subscribe and then put sim back into iPhone. Could that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

editorsean wrote: »
    ....It is a pity Patreon can't be paid through phone credit (even if it had a surcharge to cover overhead).......

+1 on this

I have emailed Patreon on this - no response

matchthis wrote: »
    If you put the sim into an android phone to subscribe and then put sim back into iPhone. Could that work?

I think so, yes, since I once setup a payment on my Android phone, then moved my sim to my Huawei Watch for a while (which doesn't have Play store), but the payments still continued.

Maybe someone else can corroborate?

I guess there's no harm in trying and see what happens when the sim is moved across.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

The €6.99 for Disney+ went through today with zero hassle. Spotify and Netflix should get back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Stadia on twitter DM told me that carrier billing is still an option for them and told me to contact G Pay!

Still haven't sent them a message though!

Exact same position, spoke with Three and Stadia and now waiting on Google Pay to come back to me!

Cossax wrote: »
    Exact same position, spoke with Three and Stadia and now waiting on Google Pay to come back to me!

Cool, you might keep me updated on what they say!
    Waiting for them to reply to my initial tweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mobile payments not working for me either. (three) Google music not working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

ShaneU wrote: »
    Three sent out a message late last week (though a lot of customers didn't receive it) stating all top up and payment services would be unavailable for a couple of days. It's to be back up tomorrow I believe.

• Advertisement

DeWitt wrote: »
    Three sent out a message late last week (though a lot of customers didn't receive it) stating all top up and payment services would be unavailable for a couple of days. It's to be back up tomorrow I believe.

What happens in these situations wrt the service being billed?

Is it cancelled straight away if Google (or whomever) don't get their money, or is there a period of several days where they try to re-bill the customer before cancelling the subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Can someone explain how to pay for Disney+ using 3 credit? Went onto Disney+ website and the only option is credit card payment.
    Thanks

Can someone explain how to pay for Disney+ using 3 credit? Went onto Disney+ website and the only option is credit card payment.
    Thanks

You have to go through the Disney+ Play Store app on your phone. Android-only it seems.

You have to go through the Disney+ Play Store app on your phone. Android-only it seems.

Cheers. Got it there no hassle.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

ShaneU wrote: »

Are mobile payments still down? (Three here too)
    Its listed as "unavailable" in the play store app, and when I click into payment settings its saying that the mobile account is closed. Is this just due to their service update? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Are mobile payments still down? (Three here too)
    Its listed as "unavailable" in the play store app, and when I click into payment settings its saying that the mobile account is closed. Is this just due to their service update? :confused:

Had the same problem with mine. I fixed it by removing it from my Google Pay account and re-adding it again.

Edit: I'm with Vodafone by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Had the same problem with mine. I fixed it by removing it from my Google Pay account and re-adding it again.

Edit: I'm with Vodafone by the way.

Thanks for that. I'll wait another day and see if anything happens. I wasn't able to log into My3 account either, so could be Three service issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Having the same problem myself. Payment for goggle music declined from my three number. Tried logging on to My three, but everyt time I try it keeps coming up that Online Registration currently unavailable. It's been like that since Friday for me.

Need to top up by midnight as well. Usually top up online but will buy a top up voucher and see if I can top up that way.

Seems a long time for a site to be doing maintenance

Does anyone know if you pay for Disney+ with Three credit does it take it out of your credit automatically every month or do you need to do it yourself?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if you pay for Disney+ with Three credit does it take it out of your credit automatically every month or do you need to do it yourself?
    Thanks

Automatic after your 7 day trial is up

Advertisement