Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holocaust Denial [MOD NOTE POST #1]

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Cheerful spring you also realise that it wasn't just jewish people that were murdered?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Why is it that there are major misgivings around the amount of Jewish that died but none over the other reported death figures by country or ethnicity? Seems to be one major factor I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

mayordenis wrote: »
    Why is it that there are major misgivings around the amount of Jewish that died but none over the other reported death figures by country or ethnicity? Seems to be one major factor I suppose.
    Antisemitism. It's what ties the deniers together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Going by the baselessness of the arguments posted I believe it's simple ignorance and the inability to see the counter argument and form an hypotheses based on evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's simply Flat Earther mentality.
    The very fact that some people state that the earth is flat and will not be swayed by any amount of evidence says it all.
    I said "state" instead of "believe", because nobody, but nobody actually and seriously believes that the earth is flat.
    A 5 year old wouldn't believe it. You'd have to have an IQ in single digits to believe it.
    It's simple trolling, I will accept no other explanation on the subject.
    Some people simply delight in winding other people up and even I invested time into debating with someone who isn't interested in debating, but simply wants to peddle an untenable viewpoint for his own amusement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,978 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's simply Flat Earther mentality.
    The very fact that some people state that the earth is flat and will not be swayed by any amount of evidence says it all.
    I said "state" instead of "believe", because nobody, but nobody actually and seriously believes that the earth is flat.
    A 5 year old wouldn't believe it. You'd have to have an IQ in single digits to believe it.
    It's simple trolling, I will accept no other explanation on the subject.
    Some people simply delight in winding other people up and even I invested time into debating with someone who isn't interested in debating, but simply wants to peddle an untenable viewpoint for his own amusement.

With respect, as someone who has debated deniers on many forums for many years, I have to disagree. It's not just winding people up, at least not for the persistent ones. It really is about hating Jews and Judaism. Further, the funding of their *cough* intellectual sources *cough* is traceable to anti-Jewish regimes (think: Middle East), and the like.

The poster in question as I recall thinks 9/11 was a CIA event and it didn't happen.

It really is about rehabilitating Nazism. See what CS concluded? "They were all deported to Russia where they disappeared." "Nazis really didn't do this" etc. etc. Same old refrain, always ends up with the same conclusion - poor persecuted Nazis, this didn't happen.

Nizkor had a nice '66 questions about the Holocaust' that talked about how the numbers killed were reached, but I'm getting warnings about the site being infected via malware. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,687 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think this is a good place to rest the discussion on the forum for a while. Interested parties can read through the thread; skeptics can remain skeptical but not seeing any good reason to turn this into a 10k post thread a la creationism v evolution which is what it seems like it would amount to for some.

13044w.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement