Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleven Sports - Down to La Liga - hands back Serie A

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

snowblind wrote: »
    TV can use the same tube all my other data. And it will, but it's just gonna be a slower change. Netflix et al are years ahead

Eleven Sports really haven’t been a good advertisement for that view. As a completely IP based streaming service it just hasn’t work. People want to watch sport on a TV, won’t put up with buffering, and want minimal delay. Eleven Sports was pitched at a dirt cheap price as far as sports channels go (a year of Eleven cost less than two months of Sky Sports) and it obviously couldn’t make enough money to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The biggest thing against Eleven is the lack of a single platform. If their app could be on any tv and used from any remote it would be much easier for these companies. Casting from phones isn't the best user experience.

I have a chromecast for eir sports and as I don't have unlimited broadband, I don't plug it in all the time and thus when on the couch you are less likely to cast eir sports.

These niche streaming platforms could succeed if they were on an epg like broadcast channels with the ability to just watch them through streaming rather than broadcast.

I don't think any platform offers the above epg broadcast/streaming platform. Most just offer streaming apps in a separate on demand section.

Freesat boxes already allow you to watch from the start on the bbc channels. Why not give the option to do either, so people wouldn't need a satellite dish.

It can be done, to an extent. Sky Q offers a level of integration between itself and both its own on demand content (which includes the ability to watch FAPL games from the start by pressing red) and also Netflix. Even Virgin Media includes Netflix on its EPG (dialling channel 300 just runs the app).

However to do all this there must be a deal. Eleven could have gone on the Sky EPG regardless of a deal by paying the EPG and CAS tarrifs and the cost of its own Astra carriage (as Eir Sport does), it chose not to and instead tried and failed to do a carriage deal.

Showing El Classico in the Copa del Rey tonight - rights picked up for semi finals only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Last night Eleven Spots were advertising on social media that their new official app is out on Amazon firesticks.

I watched on mine but was unable to find the app.

Anyone here on boards find it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

got the refund for the yearly sub 'yay'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

got the refund for the yearly sub 'yay'

I've a yearly sub, how do you get the refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I've a yearly sub, how do you get the refund?
    you'll have to e-mail them. i used the contact us form on their website. took me about a week to get the response

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

you'll have to e-mail them. i used the contact us form on their website. took me about a week to get the response

As I subscribed via the Apple app as In app purchase, Eleven Sport have directed me to Apple for a refund. Anyone try this? Was it successful?

Interesting to note that La Liga TV is no longer on the Eleven Sports website

It’s not actually gone - Eleven Sports 1 is now LaLiga TV (I guess in similar fashion to the way eir Sport 2 is Premier Sports).

All independent Eleven Sports production appears to be gone - it is just a 24/7 feed from LaLiga TV.

Eleven Sports 2 remains as a part time channel to show non-La Liga stuff, but my guess is that will be more or less gone at the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'm shocked I've eventually got a reply advising me I'll get a pro rata partial refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Id advise for everyone to get a refund now before they're gone in a few weeks/months.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

US PGA confirmed back on Sky along with the other three majors.
    Delighted this dog is nearly dead just La Liga to go then it can be put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Here here

TCP/IP wrote: »

Time to target the next mutt that is VM Sports. If people don’t cough up the dough these entities won’t survive. Hopefully the CL & EL will have a significant share of their matches back on FTA TV at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

La Liga rights now with Premier Sports too, non exclusive it looks like

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1098628512964116481

So whats the point of Eleven then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

How long did they secure the rights for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Acosta

The Nal wrote: »
    So whats the point of Eleven then?

There isn't any. Game over

Eleven originally had the rights for three years, but handed the last two years back as part of their restructuring, so they only have them till May now.

• Advertisement

Acosta wrote: »
    There isn't any. Game over

8d4308487efec9e9d0f17893aeeb9f33

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

La Liga rights now with Premier Sports too, non exclusive it looks like

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1098628512964116481

Good ****ing riddens Eleven, don't let the door hit you on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I really don't understand the glee at Eleven's failure. It's basically ensured sky bt et al. Can operate like a cartel and charge extortionate prices for their product. Had eleven succeeded sky and the likes may have had to consider a different pricing model. Possibly not, but at least now we can be assured of the overly expensive status quo remaining.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Turtwig wrote: »
    I really don't understand the glee at Eleven's failure. It's basically ensured sky bt et al. Can operate like a cartel and charge extortionate prices for their product. Had eleven succeeded sky and the likes may have had to consider a different pricing model. Possibly not, but at least now we can be assured of the overly expensive status quo remaining.

The glee is because it was a pathetic product and platform. What will happen in your model is amazon, Facebook and Netflix may buy rights and we would need 5 different subs for coverage. Sky and BT commercials for what they offer is a complete bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

At least the deal gives Eir subscribers genuine reason to hold on, assuming that BT goes exclusively to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭Redo91

Great so La Liga on Eir from now on?

For this season, anyway. Premier Sports schedules are a movable feast, but right now, El Classico is scheduled for Premier Sports 1 on Saturday 2nd March at 7:45pm, so it’ll be on eir Sport 2. Yes, it looks like this means another SD/HD split, with Donegal v Armagh probably being the lucky GAA game to end up on Sky channel 871.

Pro14 on Premier Sports 2, Rome derby not currently in schedules, but they’ve promised they’ll show it, NHL on FreeSports the obvious casualty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 icefrog

Atletico won first leg 2-0 still unbelievable

Take talk of anything actually happening on the pitch to Soccer, please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

HI guys, apologies I might be stupid but I want to ask for questions pls
    PREMIER sport. The £5.99 will allow to watch Serie A only, correct? To watch LIGA and Serie how much would it be? And monthly or yearly

PREMIER sport will be via app in Ireland? So again via laptop /tv or if like me, somebody has Sky , it can be watch via sky box?

Advertisement