Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene III - The Lost World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"working alone, eh? Just me... My raven... My talking unicorn... And I think I saw a squirrel in the graveyard, maybe he's not busy... Ok, so I just need to get your servants to eat these flowers, destroy them, then destroy Yumjin before he retreats back to the afterlife. It'll be a..."

She snaps a biscuit for emphasis.

"...lot of work, but the sooner I get started the sooner I'm finished. Hey, what do you know about this race?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "...lot of work, but the sooner I get started the sooner I'm finished. Hey, what do you know about this race?"
    "It's used to fill seats in the Osinzir council, has done so for centuries. Half the council must be race winners. It's sort of a very violent canyon run, with a wide range of transport types allowed."

Kwaaaaak!
    "What? I'm totally focussed on the mission, stop!"
    Prrk prrk!
    "...well you have to admit, if I was on the council I'd get a lot closer to the target."
    Raaaaaark!
    "Details details. We'll ask around town, maybe another driver will become mysteriously ill."

She grins and draws fake hexes in the air.

" Or I could just enter Mr H as-is and hope hes as tough as he acts?

Ok, well I guess I should get going. Any advice, pointers, awesome whistle that summons a ghost dog, now's the time!"

Ok, well I guess I should get going. Any advice, pointers, awesome whistle that summons a ghost dog, now's the time!"
    "Here's a whistle that summons a ghost dog" he says bemused "a while since my spectral hounds have stretched their legs.

Plenty going on in Osinzir itself, might get you the lay of the land, the main race itself is not for two days, so Yumjin will be in Osinzir until then."

"thanks death! You're the greatest!"
    She leaps up to give him a hug, pressing in just the right side of an indecent amount.

"Ok, let's do this!"
    She scrunched up her face and wills herself back up to the surface.
    "Teleport....away!"

• Advertisement

He claps his hands and they are back in the graveyard.

Retula summons Mr H (incognito outfit), mounts up and gives Death a cheery-bye, then heads back into town, looking for the shop the captain mentioned.

Fathe's Weapons, with the eponymous Fathe in a straw hat behind the counter, is in the middle of town. A fine selection of weapons hang on the outside windows.

"Hmmm...you're a strange one" he says shouting into the street "Anything in particular you're after?"

"You must be Fathe! Captain Larons said I should look you up.

Hey, why do people keep saying I'm weird before I even open my mouth? I mean after, I understand but before... is it the tattoos? The slappy head? Wait - if nothing else what kind of customer service model is that? Negging me into overpaying for a blade? I'm not even in the door, you're harassing me in the street! "

She enters.

"Something specific? No, not really, I'll be honest I kinda just needed a place to aim for, like get my bearings and stuff? I'm kinda weak, never really been able to fight, prefer to just chat over a cup of tea. But I mean, you know how it is, you give 'em a lump of sugar instead of a trickle of syrup and suddenly it's knives out. I've served enough sugar lumps now, I'd really like an option to defend myself. Something simple enough even I could understand it, but weird too so it reflects my natural grace and beauty? Anything you could recommend?

Oh hey, and where'd you get that hat?"

"You must be Fathe! Captain Larons said I should look you up.

Hey, why do people keep saying I'm weird before I even open my mouth? I mean after, I understand but before... is it the tattoos? The slappy head? Wait - if nothing else what kind of customer service model is that? Negging me into overpaying for a blade? I'm not even in the door, you're harassing me in the street! "
    "Bald, metal fingernails and an eye growing in yer palm counts as weird to me Kasalte."
    I've served enough sugar lumps now, I'd really like an option to defend myself. Something simple enough even I could understand it, but weird too so it reflects my natural grace and beauty? Anything you could recommend?

Oh hey, and where'd you get that hat?"
    "The hat is normal in these parts, but you are not. I could make a gauntlet for you, something to channel your energies through that eye?"

• Advertisement

"People who can see retractable eyes ain't normal neither. Believe me, gremmy, if you could see the eye you would be a whole lot less obnoxious to me. So don't talk to me about weird or I'll trim my nails on you hirsute scalp.

You don't wanna talk headwear? Fine. Lets keep it business, weirdo to weirdo. Tell me about the gauntlet. What will it do, make me shoot the power of friendship? "

"People who can see retractable eyes ain't normal neither. Believe me, gremmy, if you could see the eye you would be a whole lot less obnoxious to me. So don't talk to me about weird or I'll trim my nails on you hirsute scalp.

You don't wanna talk headwear? Fine. Lets keep it business, weirdo to weirdo. Tell me about the gauntlet. What will it do, make me shoot the power of friendship? "
    "Well...yes"

"oh. So like, you saw the fingernails, the head, the ink, the Raven, the tentacle armour, the piercings and you thought 'power of friendship' would totally set this ensemble off?

Ok

How much and how long?"

"oh. So like, you saw the fingernails, the head, the ink, the Raven, the tentacle armour, the piercings and you thought 'power of friendship' would totally set this ensemble off?

Ok

How much and how long?"
    "The eye contains, to use your terms 'friendship magic', it is possible I could focus those energies into a 'friendship blast' of some form."

"dude, I'm sold on the friendship blast, I ride a ****ing unicorn and my veins run thick with tea. I meant how much will it cost and how long will it take?"

"dude, I'm sold on the friendship blast, I ride a ****ing unicorn and my veins run thick with tea. I meant how much will it cost and how long will it take?"
    "500 GP my friend, should only take until tomorrow morning"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags cocks his head like a dog, trying to catch the song. He tries to repeat the rhythm, to play a counterpoint to it but it's beyond him. To the bard this is more alluring that gold, than gems, then the offer of a 3way, it's something new. He feels the song deep in his viscera, at the very core of his being.

Flexing to settle his armour and trying to tap the percussive beat with his hammers he sets off after the elusive sound.
    "See ya later guys and dragon men hole diggers."

OOC: Am doing a wee bit of travelling* so interwebsconnetonlineability is going to be sketchy for a few weeks hence Mags is off on a little solo sojourn.
    * By this I mean lots of sitting in cafes, drinking Pernod pastis, smoking cigars and doing poor Maurice Chevalier impressions.
    Mags, after tromping through the undergrowth for hours on end settles down to rest, recuperate and eat some rations. The song is still to be heard but he seems no closer to it yet. As he eats he ponders the possibility of climbing a tree to see over the canopy.

OOC: I is bak! Waves to all. Who's dead, who's new?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Fourier wrote: »
    "500 GP my friend, should only take until tomorrow morning"

"I can probably cover that. Sure. Go for it"

She clenches her eye-fist and raises it aloft.

"Soon, the Empathy Gauntlet shall be complete! Hahahahahaha!

Hey, you know your way around weapons, what do you make of this dagger? Some randy monk tried to kill me with it so I had to take it from him. Looked magic when he had it but I've not been able to identify anything special about it."

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: I is bak! Waves to all. Who's dead, who's new?

OOC Recap :
    Vrakash fought the Ant Queen then jumped down into the under-underdark (which happened before your absence, you've missed nothing other than last night).

Rhiggs was put into a demiplane by his genie buddy, and emerged in the Lowerdark with Vrakash.

Sarric befriended that vampire that was raiding spice caravans near Zassan and the pair of them are dimension-hopping round a greatest hits of D&D campaign settings doing missions for the council of Othegregrad. Vae Victis!

Therai is on the same landmass as you (but in a different thread), raiding old temples for pieces of a magic obelisk of great power which is worth a boatload of gold like Indianna Jones but with horns.

Retula is pushing the boundaries of how many tea parties one character can be invited to in a single game, over on another continent.

Brú is canoninically still alive even though we all saw him drown.

From where you left, the dwarves and warlock we had were working with got them selves perished, but the town bard is still knocking around. If the townsfolk of Hamarqu ask you who's side you're on, bear in mind they tore 3 or 4 of those dwarves limb from limb before you answer. Oh, and I owe you 80gp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

Therai is on the same landmass as you (but in a different thread), raiding old temples for pieces of a magic obelisk of great power which is worth a boatload of gold like Indianna Jones but with horns.
    OOC: I think of him more like Tiefling Aladdin, bumbling around stealing things for other people and it'll almost certainly end badly.

• Advertisement

"
    Hey, you know your way around weapons, what do you make of this dagger? Some randy monk tried to kill me with it so I had to take it from him. Looked magic when he had it but I've not been able to identify anything special about it."
    "That it isn't that great..." he picks up some dust and tosses it on the blade, which turns into an odd blue cylinder with runes on it "...an illusion was disguising it."

"he got his skull caved in for an illusion? ****ing headstrong stubborn muleman! Well, don't let me keep you. Chop chop! What am I saying, everyone knows you can't hurry glove, no you just have to wait. Ok, I'll be back in the morning. You got a cousin runs an inn or anything or shall I just take my chances?"

She tosses the cylinder over in her hands, feeling for weight, whether it might be hollow or have some activation method.

"Hey, you got any of that dispelling dust to spare?"

"he got his skull caved in for an illusion? ****ing headstrong stubborn muleman! Well, don't let me keep you. Chop chop! What am I saying, everyone knows you can't hurry glove, no you just have to wait. Ok, I'll be back in the morning. You got a cousin runs an inn or anything or shall I just take my chances?"

She tosses the cylinder over in her hands, feeling for weight, whether it might be hollow or have some activation method.

"Hey, you got any of that dispelling dust to spare?"
    "Inn? I'd go to Cothea's place in the main square, golden dragons out front, wonderful place, costs a bit."

The cylinder is quite heavy for its size, as it is moved some of the runes glitter green.

"Dust is only 10GP, common enough request from tomb raiders and ruin delvers, so I get the stuff shipped in from Lewisville in bulk."

"Cothea's. Got it! See you in the morning."

She has a wander round outside, looking for any festival related stuff, sending the bird to eavesdrop on conversations that look promising.

"Cothea's. Got it! See you in the morning."

She has a wander round outside, looking for any festival related stuff, sending the bird to eavesdrop on conversations that look promising.
    Several of the towns people whisper about various locales that the judges may have hidden the 'boosters' in. From what Hetyaro hears the 'boosters' are small artefacts that give one an advantage in the race.

The names mentioned are:
    The Honey Pagoda
    The Light Lake house
    The Arch of old Osinzir
    The Kingdoms beyond Gate
    Merculin's Townhouse
    Temple of the Music God

She pops back to Fathe to ask if he knows where any of those places are and if he can mark them on the map, so she can plan to investigate as many as possible in the shortest time. The kingdom beyond the gate is a ways out and if it doesn't pan out she might not get to look elsewhere.

Also, does he know what the boosters look like?

Fathe informs her that the boosters are different every year and then marks the unknown locations on her map.

The Honey Pagoda (in Zhulugal)
    The Light Lake house (0207)
    The Arch of old Osinzir (0707)
    Merculin's Townhouse (In Osinzir)
    Temple of the Music God (in Zhusarrum)

Hmmmm... Osinzir, 0707, Zhulugal, 0207 and see if I'm still alive and what time it is. How big is a hex?

OOC: Half a mile, it's early evening

• Advertisement

Ooc : so 4.5 miles to Zhulugal. Easy enough on horseback. To Osinzir!

"Hi ho, Humphalgrumps! Wait,is that in bad taste after we murdered those dwarves? Awaaaaaay!"

Advertisement