Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavee point criticise judge for telling truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I've come across many and the attitude on 98% stinks.

I've been physically threatened and also had a curse thrown my way a number of times, threats of violence towards my family and all this while I'm out doing a hard days work.

They shout when they don't get their way and try and intimidate and will also gang up or as we know call on their pals etc and they will be around.

I've sold 2 cars to the ones that have a plot not far away and they were ok to deal with but wanted them for near nothing and then agree a price only to look for a €100 or €50 back for luck.

I've been in a couple of crashes where they've tried their dam best to try get blame against me when their at fault and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I've sold 2 cars to the ones that have a plot not far away and they were ok to deal with but wanted them for near nothing and then agree a price only to look for a €100 or €50 back for luck.

Haggling like a demon and wanting “luck money” ?

You sure they were not farmers ? ;)

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Haggling like a demon and wanting “luck money” ?

You sure they were not farmers ? ;)
    True

• Registered Users Posts: 16,436 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Now it has to be said, I don't know for a fact that it was travellers in that incident but I know there are a good few tax payer funded settled traveller gafs up round ballyogan and when I read that that gardai were attacked with a baseball bat and had a dog (dag) set on them, my life experience leads me to certain conclusions.

Some locals said they were Nigerians.

If it's true they should be deported.

Some locals said they were Nigerians.

If it's true they should be deported.

For some reason the Irish government don't revoke these people's citizenship and have the power to do so.

If one is a sponge on our society or up to criminal activity they should be sent packing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It got a lot of media attention at the time.

As it's a sex case a lot of the details weren't allowed to be broadcast, so no names of the people involved.

It also has to be said that there's nothing to link this to travellers. Members of the settled community are well able to do this and worse.

Multiple generations of the same extended family running a highly illegal, morally bankrupt, and presumably very lucrative operation primarily in the "greater Newcastlewest region" (Rathkeale) in County Limerick.

As another poster said, read between the lines.

Had two from the local camp in at my dad's today...

They were tampering with 2 of my cars and left a note as they were spooked, note has to let written on it and it is a Sherry Fitz number.

Obviously have a note to pretend they have a reason to be calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Had two from the local camp in at my dad's today...

They were tampering with 2 of my cars and left a note as they were spooked, note has to let written on it and it is a Sherry Fitz number.

Obviously have a note to pretend they have a reason to be calling.

That's a bit confusing?

They leave a note pretending they're estate agents or what:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Literally 95% of them are born without morals...strange strange folk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Literally 95% of them are born without morals...strange strange folk

Proof of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Martin Micropenis

Vel wrote: »

Anyway turned out the potential adopter, who was a barrister was a fruit loop and also unsuitable for the dog she was interested in and she didn't take too kindly to me refusing her permission to adopt him, so she forwarded my email on to Collins, as well as my private mobile phone number which I had used to discuss her application.

Sounds like a SJW barrister or mate of somebody on those NGOs . Can you name them?

That's a bit confusing?

They leave a note pretending they're estate agents or what:confused:

I don't really get why they left it other then a neighbour spotted them and they most likely put it under the wiper to make it look like they weren't up to anything.

As we know also these people a lot of the time can't read so most likely copied it off a sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Travellers have high birth rates and a far shorter life expectancy.

notsurprisedkirk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

There is a halting site/settled scheme next to my job, over the past ten years 100s of thousands have been spent removing mounds of rubbish, this same place is about to be refurbished over the next 6 months to the tune of 1 million plus.

8 Families live at the back of the airport, these families need to be moved to build the new runway, I have be told that they have a claim in for 100,00 euro per family, plus wanting to be resettled in an area of their choosing, these 8 families have blossomed into 20 families since word got out about the runway, all this while people are living rough, living in hotels and in the middle of the worst housing crisis ever, fcuking beggers belief.

Equality my hoop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Have you ever met a bald one?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

seachto7 wrote: »

I have, I know a settled traveller quite well, and he's as bald as a coot.

On the whole though, the mostly have great heads of with fantastic hairlines too.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

I have, I know a settled traveller quite well, and he's as bald as a coot.

On the whole though, the mostly have great heads of with fantastic hairlines too.

A stress free life of no work and endless benefits is conducive to good follicle health.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

not yet wrote: »
    There is a halting site/settled scheme next to my job, over the past ten years 100s of thousands have been spent removing mounds of rubbish

I want you to read this unreal and frankly bizarre claim and also check out who thanked it. Deluded.
    Originally posted by Joeytheparrot

It often is the settled community dumping crap at sites by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

seachto7 wrote: »

Or one with glasses ?? But the fec curs don't miss much :p

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    I want you to read this unreal and frankly bizarre claim and also check out who thanked it. Deluded.

Well I can stand over the info I've given, The site in question has been raided numerous times over the years by Garda, Guys cleaning the site will not go in without a Garda presence, I can say without a shadow of doubt no member of the public dump in this site as the dumping is down the end of the site deep in into the heart of it, do you honestly see a member of the public driving into this site to dump rubbish. The dump site is at least 12 sq mtrs and 6ft high. This is cleaned every couple of months by the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Barbaric culture...simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

The dump site is at least 12 sq mtrs and 6ft high. This is cleaned every couple of months by the council.

I'm not trying to justify it but this kind of this goes on all over the place.
    There's council houses along New St. South in Dublin that just pile their rubbish up on the street. It's left for two weeks, the council pick it up and the cycle repeats.

Omackeral wrote: »

Similar to the one close to me it was all torn down as 7 of the houses that were on the site were burnt to the ground....
    Supposedly it's their culture to burn the free house they were given.

So years went by and about 10 years ago they tore them down and replaced with some lovely houses.
    Since 2 have been burnt, one repaired to then have the roof tiles ripped off and destroyed the timbers etc.
    The other burnt one is laying like that at least 5 years.

Over at Balyboden they are getting a completely new fit out on the site with top of the range housing.

Shankill had the old site that was idle for years re done and some lovely houses.

Huge money is being spent to house them and yet contribute near nothing to society.

Many drive nice new to fairly new cars and vans.

Effects wrote: »
    There's council houses along New St. South in Dublin that just pile their rubbish up on the street. It's left for two weeks, the council pick it up and the sysle repeats.

In a lot of places where Roma gypsies reside that is a daily occurrence.

Of course settled folk do dump also but it's all amount numbers.

Effects wrote: »
    There's council houses along New St. South in Dublin that just pile their rubbish up on the street. It's left for two weeks, the council pick it up and the sysle repeats.

That is true to an extent and happens almost all over the country, but the volume of rubbish in some of these sites is unreal..

Very, very few people I know have a good word to say about the majority of Travellers, and for good reason. But we have politicians that are terrified to face the problem. At the end of the day we need an open, honest and fair conversion at the highest levels about these issues, without the fear of the race card been fcuked about by Pavee point. I've had multiple contact points with Travellers over the past 30 years, some good, but most either bad or unpleasant.

If any member of the settled community tried some of the stuff these guys get up to there would be uproar from the local community and Press....

Where's the equality in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

But we have politicians that are terrified to face the problem.

Nevermind facing the problem...getting them to admit that there IS a problem would be a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

That is true to an extent and happens almost all over the country, but the volume of rubbish in some of these sites is unreal..

Everywhere they go to set up their "camps" ends up destroyed. It's a disgrace that they are treated with almost immunity regarding this. They just pile up their crap and let others deal with the mess.
    The irony of seeing 181reg jeeps/vans and many prestige cars sitting axle deep in rubbish and waste is staggering.
    They provide nothing constructive or positive,neither to their immediate environs or to the economy in general.
    We're all familiar with the cash-dealing traveller,flogging sub standard crap tarmac or half arsed powerwashing services.
    Either that or selling stolen goods in Sunday markets.
    Disgraceful,ignorant,backward breed of people who have no place in a progressive society.
    They should be given zero leeway and zero facilities. Let them rot and die in their own stinking filth.

• Advertisement

Uncharted wrote: »
    Everywhere they go to set up their "camps" ends up destroyed. It's a disgrace that they are treated with almost immunity regarding this. They just pile up their crap and let others deal with the mess.
    The irony of seeing 181reg jeeps/vans and many prestige cars sitting axle deep in rubbish and waste is staggering.
    They provide nothing constructive or positive,neither to their immediate environs or to the economy in general.
    We're all familiar with the cash-dealing traveller,flogging sub standard crap tarmac or half arsed powerwashing services.
    Either that or selling stolen goods in Sunday markets.
    Disgraceful,ignorant,backward breed of people who have no place in a progressive society.
    They should be given zero leeway and zero facilities. Let them rot and die in their own stinking filth.

But What about the lack of opportunities and education. Sure the poor Travellers are hard done by and never get a fair shake of the bag etc, etc.

I call bollo.x on that sh1t, their are some travellers who go through full time education, onto college, and get decent jobs, if this minority can do it why can't the rest. The opportunities are there, they just choose another life.

Advertisement