Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavee point criticise judge for telling truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

not yet wrote: »
    But What about the lack of opportunities and education. Sure the poor Travellers are hard done by and never get a fair shake of the bag etc, etc.

I call bollo.x on that sh1t, their are some travellers who go through full time education, onto college, and get decent jobs, if this minority can do it why can't the rest. The opportunities are there, they just choose another life.

Because travellers are members of the Liberal Martyr Club (one of the few white members) that are never at fault, and never to blame for their behaviour. Like muslims, travellers behaviour is always someone else's fault, and they can never be held to task for their failings. They can beat and enslave, steal, murder and abuse, but they can never be blamed. If the Liberal Martyr Club had their way, the only people in prisons would be straight, white males (as long as they are not travellers obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Gravelly wrote: »
    Because travellers are members of the Liberal Martyr Club (one of the few white members) that are never at fault, and never to blame for their behaviour. Like muslims, travellers behaviour is always someone else's fault, and they can never be held to task for their failings. They can beat and enslave, steal, murder and abuse, but they can never be blamed. If the Liberal Martyr Club had their way, the only people in prisons would be straight, white males (as long as they are not travellers obviously).

Do you get discounts on bulk orders of victims cards?

Do you get discounts on bulk orders of victims cards?

Can't get 'em, the travellers have bought them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Uncharted wrote: »
    Everywhere they go to set up their "camps" ends up destroyed. It's a disgrace that they are treated with almost immunity regarding this. They just pile up their crap and let others deal with the mess.

That's settled people going into those camps and dumping their stuff there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Because travellers are members of the Liberal Martyr Club (one of the few white members) that are never at fault, and never to blame for their behaviour. Like muslims, travellers behaviour is always someone else's fault, and they can never be held to task for their failings. They can beat and enslave, steal, murder and abuse, but they can never be blamed. If the Liberal Martyr Club had their way, the only people in prisons would be straight, white christian males (as long as they are not travellers or muslims obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Can't get 'em, the travellers have bought them all.

I'm sure you can get them for a good price.

I'm sure you can get them for a good price.

I've some here left over from another job down the road boss, can let you have them for a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's settled people going into those camps and dumping their stuff there though.

Yep, and stealing their childer and putting them into homes, also stealing their identities and jobs, oh and their woman, and horses and caravans and heritage and music and land and cattle, no fcuk it, they've no cattle, but if they had we'd steal them.

Basically just leaving them with nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Enochwasright

Omackeral wrote: »

Did Joey really say that, he must have been taken out of context, no one can be that "progressive" right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Where would you get it though only in Ireland....

Fire in a site overloaded and full of crap they collect.

Then a fire audit done across the country.

I or you wouldn't get this done on our property or home.

Amazing how tax paying fools pay their way.

Yep, and stealing their childer and putting them into homes, also stealing their identities and jobs, oh and their woman, and horses and caravans and heritage and music and land and cattle, no fcuk it, they've no cattle, but if they had we'd steal them.

Basically just leaving them with nothing.

And their little dogs, don't forget their little dogs. Anytime you find a traveller poking about in your garage, garden, or living room, he's always just looking for his little dog. Must be "settled people" robbing little dogs left, right, and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

. professional grievance monger john connors

A prize winning knob end if ever there was one. I've never come across anyone so blinkered in my entire life - he's nothing short of a clown. The traveller comical Ali.

Anyone who claims that the rubbish dumped in halting sites is dumped by "settled people" should be asked to prove this outlandish claim by strolling down to their nearest halting site, dumping some rubbish, and walking out alive.

Did Joey really say that, he must have been taken out of context, no one can be that "progressive" right?

Absolutely. And end of the road thanked it. Neither of them would answer further questions on it when probed and then the thread was locked up.

A prize winning knob end if ever there was one. I've never come across anyone so blinkered in my entire life - he's nothing short of a clown. The traveller comical Ali.

You sound like you might enjoy the John Connors thread...
    Anyone who claims that the rubbish dumped in halting sites is dumped by "settled people" should be asked to prove this outlandish claim by strolling down to their nearest halting site, dumping some rubbish, and walking out alive.

One person claimed it, one person thanked it. I imagine it was almost an instinctive defensive maneuver from the pair of them. Just an automatic tic. Either that or they're completely blinkered/deluded

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Where's lifeless_soul gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Uncharted wrote: »
    Everywhere they go to set up their "camps" ends up destroyed. It's a disgrace that they are treated with almost immunity regarding this. They just pile up their crap and let others deal with the mess.
    The irony of seeing 181reg jeeps/vans and many prestige cars sitting axle deep in rubbish and waste is staggering.
    They provide nothing constructive or positive,neither to their immediate environs or to the economy in general.
    We're all familiar with the cash-dealing traveller,flogging sub standard crap tarmac or half arsed powerwashing services.
    Either that or selling stolen goods in Sunday markets.
    Disgraceful,ignorant,backward breed of people who have no place in a progressive society.
    They should be given zero leeway and zero facilities. Let them rot and die in their own stinking filth.

But What about the lack of opportunities and education. Sure the poor Travellers are hard done by and never get a fair shake of the bag etc, etc.

I call bollo.x on that sh1t, their are some travellers who go through full time education, onto college, and get decent jobs, if this minority can do it why can't the rest. The opportunities are there, they just choose another life.

While I don’t disagree with you, if there was a job going in a big ad agency in Dublin, who do you think they would hire : an OMG Insta person from Foxrock or a traveler from Rathkeale? Both could have the same qualification but only one would be able to buy and sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

seachto7 wrote: »
    While I don’t disagree with you, if there was a job going in a big ad agency in Dublin, who do you think they would hire : an OMG Insta person from Foxrock or a traveler from Rathkeale? Both could have the same qualification but only one would be able to buy and sell you.

Not trying to be smart here but the point I was making is there a some travellers with a bit of something about them, theses are the ones who finish school, finish college (or not) and get decent jobs, and by decent I mean a job most Joe soaps would have, whilst the majority just want to cause mayhem, so in closing if some travellers can become working members of society why can't most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Not trying to be smart here but the point I was making is there a some travellers with a bit of something about them, theses are the ones who finish school, finish college (or not) and get decent jobs, and by decent I mean a job most Joe soaps would have, whilst the majority just want to cause mayhem, so in closing if some travellers can become working members of society why can't most.
    A lot of travellers who better themselves by integrating into society are ostracised by the traveler community. It's effectively an exile.

• Advertisement

Red_Wake wrote: »
    A lot of travellers who better themselves by integrating into society are ostracised by the traveler community. It's effectively an exile.

And if you are ostracised by your family, who are you going to marry? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

But sure they could put down a foxrock address among the many others they have...

Why work and pay tax when cash is King and they seem to be making quite a tidy sum.

Look at how it is when they all arrive at Christmas in the top of the range 4x4 and high end luxury cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

But sure they could put down a foxrock address among the many others they have...

Why work and pay tax when cash is King and they seem to be making quite a tidy sum.

Look at how it is when they all arrive at Christmas in the top of the range 4x4 and high end luxury cars.

Apparently a lot of them are leased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Whoever made that claim I'd like to know what drugs they're on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Is that how they stop CAB from coming after them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Odelay

How? I'd say the proof of earnings bit would be interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Now it has to be said, I don't know for a fact that it was travellers in that incident but I know there are a good few tax payer funded settled traveller gafs up round ballyogan and when I read that that gardai were attacked with a baseball bat and had a dog (dag) set on them, my life experience leads me to certain conclusions.

My bad, got this one wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

"These comments stereotype Travellers as inherently violent which is completely unfair as there are many events that take place in the Traveller community where there is no violence."

Name some then...:rolleyes:

Remember that cringe-inducing episode - a couple of years ago, I think - in the Dail when Travellers were accorded Ethnic Minority Status by the EU and all the 'afraid to be seen as racist' TDs started applauding, most through gritted teeth?:mad:

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Sofiztikated viewpost.gif
    I worked at a popular, upper end, wedding venue, that hosted approximately 115 weddings a year, for 8 years, so have seen approx 1000 weddings, including ones I have attended. 2 were traveller weddings. 1 settled couple, 1 English Irish Traveller.

Ive had hassle, threats, fighting, blood, glassings, garda and ambulances called than I care for. Approximately once a month something major happened. But nothing at the traveller weddings.

Most of the hassle was from Armagh or Tyrone crowds.

Out of 1000 weddings only 2 were Traveller weddings. That's why there was no trouble.
    Consider yourself lucky that there weren't more Traveller weddings.
    Armagh and Tyrone mobs were always a law unto themselves once they crossed the border southwards.
    When I lived in North county Dublin we always dreaded the arrival of UK Gaelic football fans in the summer - loud, drunk, driving like lunatics and leaving a mess in their wake.
    We also had the odd influx of Knackers, but, looking on the bright side, they kept the flies and rats away from our estate. :)

Advertisement