Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavee point criticise judge for telling truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

hurler32 wrote: »
    Apparently it’s not ... mightn’t be 100 burgularies but shoplifting , breaking into cars , driving with no insurance etc ...in rural Ireland where there are very few guards it could even be higher ....

I don't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Another 6 travellers from Finglas had their cases thrown out of the high court Monday for their 60,000 each compensation claims for a minor traffic accident ... how is that travellers are involved in so many minor car accidents ???
    For 3% of the population they are involved in some amount of alleged accidents ....

• Site Banned Posts: 120 ✭✭Lash Into The Pints

Another 6 travellers from Finglas had their cases thrown out of the high court Monday for their 60,000 each compensation claims for a minor traffic accident ... how is that travellers are involved in so many minor car accidents ???
    For 3% of the population they are involved in some amount of alleged accidents ....

It's very strange. Should the government pay for more driving lessons for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

Because basically they are scammers,let's not beat about the bush,vast majority of compo crash cases I've seen on media news etc are travellers(sic) or easy European

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

See on the front page of this weeks Leinster Express a traveller woman in Newbridge Co Kildare only 32 years of age with no less than 227 convictions got a small jail sentence with regard to theft and driving at a shop owner... ffs
    When you consider as a rule of thumb you commit a hundred crimes for every time you get caught ...
    What percentage of crime are travellers responsible for in Ireland ???

Once again if we ended this nonsense of free legal aid, and you had to pay your won court costs out of social welfare ..... you would see the crime rate drop faster than the cost of Telecom eireann shares
    Agree

• Advertisement

They are less than 1%, nowhere close to 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭surrender monkey

Imagine if insurance companies decided to load them, there would be uproar !. And yet it was perfectly ok to load a young male for being more likely to have an accident not too long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How can one get insurance if they have no fixed address.....

I also want to know how one with no address can get the doll...

Honestly I can't understand it as I've had trouble with all of the above with an address, PPS number, passport, license, proof of address and bills etc etc and still be turned down.

Seriously wtf.....

• Site Banned Posts: 120 ✭✭Lash Into The Pints

Honestly I can't understand it as I've had trouble with all of the above with an address, PPS number, passport, license, proof of address and bills etc etc and still be turned down.

Seriously wtf.....
    It's called ethnic privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/high-court-judge-overturns-racket-injury-claim-ruling-1.3582255?mode=amp

Others at it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

tomofson wrote: »
    They are less than 1%, nowhere close to 3%

Its 0.7% or 30,987.

From the last census https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp8iter/p8iter/p8iti/

There are more Lithuanians in the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Seriously wtf.....

but do you threaten the staff while riding a piebald pony around the dole office waving a slash hook?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

tomofson wrote: »
    I don't believe it.

Take a pretty active drug dealer, how many drug deals do you think he/she does before they actually get caught?

Take a pretty active drug dealer, how many drug deals do you think he/she does before they actually get caught?

In the case of drug dealing I suppose that would be correct, but in general i dont believe it to be so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Meagre dole payments
    Give me strength...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Varik wrote: »
    NIMAN wrote: »
    But if they make up 2% of the population (I'm only guessing, not sure what % of the population class themselves as 'travellers'), then they have an unusually high percentage in prison compared to the national average.

I think it's 0.5 to 1%.

So they're between 15 and 30 times more likely to be incarcerated.
    About ~90% ish of adult travelers are "unemployed",  I mean they are receiving  joobseekers.
    You can google for the exact numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

na1 wrote: »
    About ~90% ish of adult travelers are "unemployed",  I mean they are receiving  joobseekers.
    You can google for the exact numbers.

There you are:

http://www.thejournal.ie/84-per-cent-of-travellers-unemployed-640261-Oct2012/

Bloody ridiculous the excuses given.

Oh and:

Other key findings of the census found that:
    The average age of Irish Travellers is 22.4 compared to 36.1 for the general population

One per cent of Travellers (115) went to third level education in 2011 compared with 30.7 per cent overall

27 per cent of Traveller women had five or more children compared with 2.6 per cent of women overall

17.5 per cent of Travellers have one or more disabilities compared with 13 per cent in the state as a whole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Omackeral wrote: »
    psinno wrote: »
    Does anyone think they are?
    Someone posted 15% of male prisoners are travellers. Obviously the other 85% are not.

If that’s a defense, it’s a poor one. Look up what per capita means and crunch the numbers vs the general population.
    I remember a pavee point booklet debunking the myths about travelers. One was:
    Myth:all the travelers are criminals
    Truth:NOT ALL the travelers are criminals!

• Advertisement

So few travellers will do a days work and with no benefit caps why would you ? ..have anything up to ten children and you’d need a job paying 80,000 to justify working . Travellers are far smarter than many educated people who kill themselves working long hours and paying their way in life when there’s a perfectly generous welfare system in place .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

na1 wrote: »
    I remember a pavee point booklet debunking the myths about travelers. One was:
    Myth:all the travelers are criminals
    Truth:NOT ALL the travelers are criminals!

Its true, they havent all gotten caught yet. 80% of traveller males over 18 have criminal records.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,150 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So few travellers will do a days work and with no benefit caps why would you ? ..have anything up to ten children and you’d need a job paying 80,000 to justify working . Travellers are far smarter than many educated people who kill themselves working long hours and paying their way in life when there’s a perfectly generous welfare system in place .

Its only a matter of time before welfare rates have to be reduced.

It might take 10 or 20 years, but its coming. Ireland cannot afford to continue being so generous in welfare and benefits. There is just not enough money to continue.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Its only a matter of time before welfare rates have to be reduced.

It might take 10 or 20 years, but its coming. Ireland cannot afford to continue being so generous in welfare and benefits. There is just not enough money to continue.

The resources of the world are drying up due to overpopulation, we need to introduce sterilization now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Imo, people who want that type of "culture" should be housed on an otherwise uninhabited island until they work out that nobody wins. It's a lose/lose situation, and always will be. Let them at it, away from peaceloving people, for as long as it takes.

Then they might figure out how stupid it is, and cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

In my job a I come across them from time to time.

Some are ok and the rest are wanna be hard men.

Can they hack it when you stand your ground.... No no they can't.

Fecking wimps preying on the old and vulnerable.

• Advertisement

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2018/09/08/breaking-22-year-old-man-charged-in-court-following-donegal-crash/

charged in relation to accident which saw a 55 year old man die in Donegal on Friday

Advertisement