Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavee point criticise judge for telling truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭M.Cribben

100 travellers invade historic Thwaites Brewery with 21 caravans then 'evict' staff and turn site into 'a disgusting mess'

Unlike our own spineless liberal media, at least the UK are not afraid to report stories like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5781457/Mob-100-travellers-invade-historic-Thwaites-Brewery.html

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

I think you might be a bit confused , Irish Travellers and Gypsies are different groups

They're different branches of the same tree. Many Gypsies in Britain are of Irish origin - they only differ in name - some refer to themselves as Gypsies, some refer to themselves as Travellers.
    It's no surprise they come over to Ireland for weddings and funerals in their droves, and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Count Down wrote: »
    They're different branches of the same tree. Many Gypsies in Britain are of Irish origin - they only differ in name - some refer to themselves as Gypsies, some refer to themselves as Travellers.
    It's no surprise they come over to Ireland for weddings and funerals in their droves, and vice versa.

You might want to do a little research , Gypsy are Roma, believed to have originated in India.

The word Gypsy is derived from the word Egyptian as people originally believed the were from Egypt.

I've family from the UK who inter married into Gypsy families in the 1930s , interesting isn't it ?

No Irish traveller blood at all , anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

You might want to do a little research , Gypsy are Roma, believed to have originated in India.

The word Gypsy is derived from the word Egyptian as people originally believed the were from Egypt.

I've family from the UK who inter married into Gypsy families in the 1930s , interesting isn't it ?

The romany and irish travellers have intermarried so much over the years they are almost the exact same.

Its not actually known where the Irish traveller gene comes from, giving the fact they have the exact same traits and habits as all other gypsies across europe I would imagine they are genetically the same or very similar.

tomofson wrote: »
    The romany and irish travellers have intermarried so much over the years they are almost the exact same.

Its not actually known where the Irish traveller gene comes from, giving the fact they have the exact same traits and habits as all other gypsies across europe I would imagine they are genetically the same or very similar.

This is amazing stuff , do go on , give us empirical evidence of widescale intermarriage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

That's not true.

Irish travellers are genetically the same as Irish. Completely unrelated to Roma gypsies. As stated before Roma originate in northern India and settles all across central and later western Europe. Irish travellers naturally enough originated in Ireland. The two groups have different languages and culture.

However they do share the same proclivity for spousal abuse, child neglect, criminality and generally being human vermin.

That's not true.

Irish travellers are genetically the same as Irish. Completely unrelated to Roma gypsies. As stated before Roma originate in northern India and settles all across central and later western Europe. Irish travellers naturally enough originated in Ireland. The two groups have different languages and culture.

However they do share the same proclivity for spousal abuse, child neglect, criminality and generally being human vermin.

Their languages are almost identical, and the second part I agree with in full.

Their languages are almost identical, and the second part I agree with in full.

Roma and cant/shelta are almost identical ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Identical like Gaelic and Finnish are almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Roma is a language, cant is just slang.

• Advertisement

Not roma but romany, or at least thats what an english gypsy once told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

M.Cribben wrote: »
    Unlike our own spineless liberal media, at least the UK are not afraid to report stories like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5781457/Mob-100-travellers-invade-historic-Thwaites-Brewery.html

This is when you want the riot police with the most vicious dogs they have and turn them lose.
    Tasers, batons and dogs...and they’d still get off lightly in my opinion.

wexie wrote: »
    Identical like Gaelic and Finnish are almost identical.

No idea , at a guess I'd imagine they have a purity with each language not changing hugely over thousands of years.

Gravelly wrote: »

I'm in agreement with you there .

No idea , at a guess I'd imagine they have a purity with each language not changing hugely over thousands of years.

You are kidding yourself if you think roma and the gammon are thousands of years old.

Don't give these so called communities too much credit, these are languages they made up themselves a few decades ago so other people couldn't understand what they are saying, while they are robbing and scamming.

You are kidding yourself if you think roma and the gammon are thousands of years old.

Don't give these so called communities too much credit, these are languages they made up themselves a few decades ago so other people couldn't understand what they are saying, while they are robbing and scamming.

Erm I'm talking about Finnish and Gaelic .

Not roma but romany, or at least thats what an english gypsy once told me.

Gospel , so.

Erm I'm talking about Finnish and Gaelic .

Oh I see, lol well I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why are we distinguishing here, they're all facking cants.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why are we distinguishing here, they're all facking cants.

We're not , we've concluded that Irish Travellers and Gypsy/Roma are identical.

Next we,ll draw comparison between hedgehogs and tomatoes

• Advertisement

We're not , we've concluded that Irish Travellers and Gypsy/Roma are identical.

There's not much cultural differences now is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

The term Traveller/Gypsy nowadays usually refers to the people who choose the nomadic lifestyle and all it entails, such as halting sites, intermarrying etc. They have so much in common that they are virtually indistinguishable from each other. Even the titles they give each other - 'King of the Gypsies and 'King of the Travellers' - mean the same thing, i.e. bareknuckle boxing champion.

The widespread inter marriage ? Any update ?

Interestingly, a hedgehog would share over over 50% of it's DNA with a tomato.

Yet supposedly travellers are genetically different from "settled people".........

Interestingly, a hedgehog would share over over 50% of it's DNA with a tomato.

Yet supposedly travellers are genetically different from "settled people".........

Good post , have you ever had a hedgehog sandwich ?

I'm not a biologist but from what I've understood the evidence for that is tenuous at best

Good post , have you ever had a hedgehog sandwich ?

No, but I'd be up for trying one. I hate tomatoes.

I'm not a biologist but from what I've understood the evidence for that is tenuous at best

Me neither, and I agree.

No, but I'd be up for trying one. I hate tomatoes.

Well.....you wouldn't need one of those cocktail sticks to keep the sandwich together that's for sure :pac:

• Advertisement

Well.....you wouldn't need one of those cocktail sticks to keep the sandwich together that's for sure :pac:

I recall reading somewhere that hedgehog was much in demand as a foodstuff in medieval times.

Advertisement