Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pavee point criticise judge for telling truth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Discodog wrote: »
    I found a young Greyhound in Galway. She was in a bad state & I took her to the Vet. He looked at her teeth & said she's a traveler dog. I asked how he knew & he said she had been fed sh*t food. I decided to keep her & registered that I had her with the Guards - safe in the knowledge that the travelers wouldn't come looking.

Our rescue dog had to be put to sleep within a year .

She had a few nasty injuries that never really healed properly ( including being beaten across her back with a bar :mad: ) .

Her back got worse as time went on and it was getting to the stage where she had difficulty getting up from her bed , as well as getting into it .

Pity , as she was a sweet little dog and got on well with our other dog , and loved our couch :)

It really sickens me the way travelers behave with seemingly no consequences .

Only a couple of weeks ago we got a reminder in the post about our dog license .

I've been checked for dog license , tv license etc. but it seems to be one rule for travelers and one for everyone else :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Discodog wrote: »
    I guess that he would say the same about all the horses that had to be rescued in Galway or the children that literally stoned a foal to death.

Normal people would stop someone doing this & call the Guards. The traveler community just deny it's them. It's the old good people standing by argument. It should be a crime to witness animal cruelty & not report it.

Travellers won't call the guards on other travellers.
    For anything. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Travellers won't call the guards on other travellers.
    For anything. Ever.

But they are known to talk a lot in the garda station, or so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

tomofson wrote: »
    But they are known to talk a lot in the garda station, or so I'm told.

They are all notorious for being 'rats'. All the hard men turn to mush when the heat comes on them. Then they will sing like a canary to save their own skins....

Uncharted wrote: »
    They are all notorious for being 'rats'. All the hard men turn to mush when the heat comes on them. Then they will sing like a canary to save their own skins....

They literally have no honor whatsoever, they cant even live by the criminal code, everything is about what benefits them in the moment and they care nothing about the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I've been checked for dog license , tv license etc. but it seems to be one rule for travelers and one for everyone else :mad:

Ethnic minority Boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

I was visiting a former neighbour in prison recently and he said the same as Uncharted and that just can't take being locked up!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Minister wrote: »
    I was visiting a former neighbour in prison recently and he said the same as Uncharted and that just can't take being locked up!
    ...because there's nothing to steal in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Must be tough when you can't wander about other people's cells looking for your little lost dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

That's only one reason

.... there's also no women to beat up or children to intimidate.

• Advertisement

That's only one reason

.... there's also no women to beat up or children to intimidate.

There is probably a few tougher b"&tards in there too.......

Oh, and there isn't a K......y car boot sale to shift the stolen stuff either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

and the cell bars aren't even made of copper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

And just to add to that, i have to snigger whenever i see certain settled people who hang around travellers and take on travellers traits and even the way they talk ( mostly young girls) trying there best to fit in with traveller culture, how they don't realise that they will be the first to be thrown under the bus if any travellers find themselves in that kind of situation is beyond me. Apprentice travellers, is what i referr to them as.

gw80 wrote: »
    And just to add to that, i have to snigger whenever i see certain settled people who hang around travellers and take on travellers traits and even the way they talk ( mostly young girls) trying there best to fit in with traveller culture, how they don't realise that they will be the first to be thrown under the bus if any travellers find themselves in that kind of situation is beyond me. Apprentice travellers, is what i referr to them as.

I cringe every time I see this too, but try talking any sense into them, they seem to view travellers as these romanticized villains and very moral people.

We who see the community for what it is know that is a fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭forward8

I don't understand why they are given detached houses in areas where the going price for such a property is nearly half a million euro only to destroy the place.

https://ibb.co/iXZwVo
    https://ibb.co/m2XNLo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

forward8 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they are given detached houses in areas where the going price for such a property is nearly half a million euro only to destroy the place.

To integrate them and it would be racist not to.

I've worked since I'm 15 and I can't afford to live anywhere near where I work never mind even actually been able to get a mortgage to buy.

I'm fcuked in rental and paying to house all these and the rest of the forever home brigade.

Fcuk you to the guberment

forward8 wrote: »

They are transient. It's in their nature.

You will hardly see them engaging with the rest of the community. They barely send kids to school let alone get involved in tidy towns or sports (apart from boxing perhaps...predictably) or anything.

They have no connection and don't even attempt to make a connection to the area by and large. They have no pride in where they live so throwing their shyte around is just the physical extension of that. In places like Rathkeale it's tidier but it's got big houses with big gates many of which are empty most of the year but they don't integrate with what they see are the 'outsiders' IE settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bambi wrote: »
    Game of Mobile Homes

Game of gougers

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Count Down

They won't go to the Guards/Police because they prefer to take the law into their own hands, and sort things out in their own way.
    Saw one of those Channel 4 programmes about Gypsies once about this idiotic Gyppo who was in some dispute with a neighbouring family about some petty thing, an insult or something, and he stupidly marched over to the other halting site a few hundred yards away on his own, wearing his best Sunday off-white vest and tracksuit bottoms.
    Comes back 10 minutes later, covered in blood (his own) and screaming blue murder. Apparently he was ambushed by 3 other Pikeys, armed with iron bars and a fuppin' sword!
    He was lucky to get away with severe cuts to his head and some heavy bruising, and could have been killed. You don't have a go at someone with a sword and try to give them a friendly nick! But he was filled with only one thought and that was to get instant revenge on the others. He was screaming and roaring and had to be restrained. His lovely vest was ruined. Blood was dripping everywhere. Eventually he agreed to go to hospital and (I imagine) they took great pleasure in giving him around 50 stitches in his wounds.
    But no way would he go to the Police. He wanted to sort things out "In my own way". :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

They wouldn't get away with their carry on in America....most of them would be in jail for Robbing or Drug dealing for decades not weeks like the joke of a judicial system Ireland has......wouldn't be long sorting the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Here in Dun Laoghaire and a white hiace with 3 seats but a whole family in it.

3 kids that I could see and mammy and daddy while he is puffing away with the baby right beside him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

hurler32 wrote: »
    They wouldn't get away with their carry on in America....most of them would be in jail for Robbing or Drug dealing for decades not weeks like the joke of a judicial system Ireland has......wouldn't be long sorting the problem

Sounds like the Irish who went to the US after the Famine. Signs up NO IRISH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Count Down wrote: »
    They won't go to the Guards/Police because they prefer to take the law into their own hands, and sort things out in their own way.
    Saw one of those Channel 4 programmes about Gypsies once about this idiotic Gyppo who was in some dispute with a neighbouring family about some petty thing, an insult or something, and he stupidly marched over to the other halting site a few hundred yards away on his own, wearing his best Sunday off-white vest and tracksuit bottoms.
    Comes back 10 minutes later, covered in blood (his own) and screaming blue murder. Apparently he was ambushed by 3 other Pikeys, armed with iron bars and a fuppin' sword!
    He was lucky to get away with severe cuts to his head and some heavy bruising, and could have been killed. You don't have a go at someone with a sword and try to give them a friendly nick! But he was filled with only one thought and that was to get instant revenge on the others. He was screaming and roaring and had to be restrained. His lovely vest was ruined. Blood was dripping everywhere. Eventually he agreed to go to hospital and (I imagine) they took great pleasure in giving him around 50 stitches in his wounds.
    But no way would he go to the Police. He wanted to sort things out "In my own way". :eek:

I think you might be a bit confused , Irish Travellers and Gypsies are different groups

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Graces7 wrote: »
    Sounds like the Irish who went to the US after the Famine. Signs up NO IRISH.

What a stupid stupid post.

Vel wrote: »
    Martin Collins from Pavee Point told me over the phone directly that travellers love their animals and treat them well :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not sure which travellers he's mixing with! Must be that large majority, and its just that small minority that don't :rolleyes:

Sure when a horse was found dead in a housing estate in Galway he was all over the media arguing that it was impossible to know who the horse belonged to as many settled people kept horses outside their house or on the estate they live in. Same thing when a horse was found burnt to death, he and Pavee Point nearly killed themselves arguing that everyone has horses and burns them.

Sure when a horse was found dead in a housing estate in Galway he was all over the media arguing that it was impossible to know who the horse belonged to as many settled people kept horses outside their house or on the estate they live in. Same thing when a horse was found burnt to death, he and Pavee Point nearly killed themselves arguing that everyone has horses and burns them.

How many settled people in estates keep a horse as a pet?
    Not that fcuking many.

There's no good reason to have large animals wandering around untended on waste ground.

I think a Dept of Agri style system where horses are documented like cattle from birth to death and destruction of same for non-compliance is the only way to go. Farmers can't have an undocumented animals and can't have dead animals lying around the place for public health reasons why should travellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Farmers can't have an undocumented animals and can't have dead animals lying around the place for public health reasons why should travellers?

Because a farmer who breaks the law is a criminal, but a traveller who breaks the law is an ethnic minority practising his cultural activities.

According to Mattie McGrath TD on Tipp MW Radio this morning There was another traveller horse found dead on the road between New Inn and Golden last Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Minister wrote: »
    According to Mattie McGrath TD on Tipp MW Radio this morning There was another traveller animal found dead on the road between New Inn and Golden last Saturday morning.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

How many settled people in estates keep a horse as a pet?
    Not that fcuking many.

There's no good reason to have large animals wandering around untended on waste ground.

I think a Dept of Agri style system where horses are documented like cattle from birth to death and destruction of same for non-compliance is the only way to go. Farmers can't have an undocumented animals and can't have dead animals lying around the place for public health reasons why should travellers?

Alk horses are meant to be chipped and have a passport and all keepers are meant to be registered with Dept of Ag and have a keeper number.

Never checked, enforced or penalties imposed for non compliance........ Regulation Irish style!

Advertisement