Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Redzer it is...I can poison things, though I must be careful, you beings of flesh are weak in this regard. Metal has little effect on me."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    Karinth suddenly halts Cargulok halfway through their journey in the early morning.

"Sarric, Ser Boros, Mule....I sense something, in the air....the sand over there"

A strange blue ball crackling with energy lies in the sand.

A huge multicoloured being steps out, followed by Varkrash.
    Sarric recognises Varkrash, "Howdy Goldie, how are you!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"Redzer it is...I can poison things, though I must be careful, you beings of flesh are weak in this regard. Metal has little effect on me."

'I like that. Have you met Columbo? He's smaller than me, but he's been my buddy for quite some time now. I think we'll make a great team - Rhiggy too!'
    sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric recognises Varkrash, "Howdy Goldie, how are you!"

Vrakrash turns around, hearing a familiar voice.

'Sarric you old clod! Where the heck have you been? I went on a malaise of the under-dark, picked up a new friend...

Oh, and Rhiggy should be along shortly too!'

He sees the others with Sarric.

'I see you have been gaining allies as well? Where are you folks off too... and why does (points at Karinth) that guy give me the heebie jeebies?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    'I like that. Have you met Columbo? He's smaller than me, but he's been my buddy for quite some time now. I think we'll make a great team - Rhiggy too!'

Vrakrash turns around, hearing a familiar voice.

'Sarric you old clod! Where the heck have you been? I went on a malaise of the under-dark, picked up a new friend...

Oh, and Rhiggy should be along shortly too!'

He sees the others with Sarric.

'I see you have been gaining allies as well? Where are you folks off too... and why does (points at Karinth) that guy give me the heebie jeebies?'

"This is Karinth, he's a fan of ripping people to pieces, so, probably good instincts on your part.

This here is Ser Boros,

he assisted us when we were descending to the 3rd level of the blackmoor dungeon in the mystara plane in order to acquire a mythical sword,

we were surrounded by an army and it was either come back wth us our certain death,so he came with us,

then we went to rescue a fellow called Thonis a multiplaner wizard, or a vivimancer or a genius or a fool, in the athas plane and this fellow, Mule or Jotano, helped us find him,

and tagged a ride back with us.

We're just on our way back to the ice valley where i left two of the slavers lackeys, want to come with us?

Oh, and this beautiful beast is Cargulok, likes to eat people.

Who is your multi coloured friend?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"This is Karinth, he's a fan of ripping people to pieces, so, probably good instincts on your part.

This here is Ser Boros,

he assisted us when we were descending to the 3rd level of the blackmoor dungeon in the mystara plane in order to acquire a mythical sword,

we were surrounded by an army and it was either come back wth us our certain death,so he came with us,

then we went to rescue a fellow called Thonis a multiplaner wizard, or a vivimancer or a genius or a fool, in the atlas plane and this fellow, Mule or Jotano, helped us find him,

and tagged a ride back with us.

We're just on our way back to the ice valley where i left two of the slavers lackeys, want to come with us?

Oh, and this beautiful beast is Cargulok, likes to eat people.

Who is your multi coloured friend?"

Vrakrash stands there in shock.

'Um... you've been... busy then? I myself travelled with the rest of the party to the slavers hideout.

Turns out their boss was an Ant Queen. I went to meet with her and she tried to kill me so I burned her hive down.

Sadly, I know not of what happened to Retula, Therai or the bard. I can only presume they perished at the hands of those monstrous beasts.

I managed to escape with some begrudging help of this genie.'

Vrakrash spits on the ground at mentioning him.

'Travelled lower - into the lowerdark... Columbo and I floated to the bottom of the world it seems. There, I was reunited with Rhiggy and we ventured forth.

This - is Redzer - he can poison people and beings apparently, and has come with me to explore the world above for his brothers.'

He admires Cargulok.

'Aye, I'll join ye. I have been lonely for some time now.

We should perhaps await Rhiggy's arrival though - he will be here shortly I would hope.'

• Advertisement

Rhiggy exits the portal, which closes behind him with a quiet pop. The sun desert sun is a harsh change from the pleasant Lowerdark.

Rhiggy exits the portal, which closes behind him with a quiet pop. The sun desert sun is a harsh change from the pleasant Lowerdark.

Vrakrash waves at Rhiggy whilst climbing onto Cargulok. He motions for him and Redzer to follow.

'What next then, fellas?'

Columbo and the worm begin conversing in some strange language that takes the form of deep vibrations.

Vrakrash eyes Columbo warily.

'You're not discussing eating us all... are you?'

Karinth leaps from Cargulok's back and approaches Varkrash and Rhiggy.

"A dragonborn and a drow, now these are companies Sarric!" he slaps Varkrash on the back. "Surely you are the sort to act first and discuss later, never has greatness come to those lost in thought. Come, let us test one another in combat, live and I shall call the two of you friends."

• Advertisement

Karinth leaps from Cargulok's back and approaches Varkrash and Rhiggy.

"A dragonborn and a drow, now these are companies Sarric!" he slaps Varkrash on the back. "Surely you are the sort to act first and discuss later, never has greatness come to those lost in thought. Come, let us test one another in combat, live and I shall call the two of you friends."

Vrakrash stares at Karinth.

'I accept your challenge. May the best... man... although I am not sure that is the correct term for either of us... win.'

He leaves Columbo with Sarric and Cargulok and steps back from the worm, weapons drawn.

"To make this fair young Dragonborn, I shall use only one arm and the weaker of my psychic abilities, otherwise you would surely meet an end of such shocking alacrity the Drow would cry"

OOC: Init

Karinth places his right hand behind his back and takes out one of his blades with the left. He swings at Varkrash, who simply tilts his head backward, an inch out of the blades reach, before running behind Karinth and slicing at his legs with his scimitar. Karinth then swings at Varkrash again, who ducks the blow. He rises, both weapons cutting upward. Karinth side steps the axe, but the scimitar swings toward his chest.

He smiles, raises his right hand, psychokinetically stopping the blade.

"You are a true warrior Varkrash. I accept you as my companion."

Karinth places his right hand behind his back and takes out one of his blades with the left. He swings at Varkrash, who simply tilts his head backward, an inch out of the blades reach, before running behind Karinth and slicing at his legs with his scimitar. Karinth then swings at Varkrash, who ducks the blow. He rises, both weapons cutting upward. Karinth side steps the axe, but the scimitar swings toward his chest.

He smiles, raises his right hand, psychokinetically stopping the blade.

"You are a true warrior Varkrash. I accept you as my companion."

Vrakrash pulls the blow and sheathes his weapons before accepting Karinth's hand.

'I fear the outcome might be different should you ever show your full power. Let us both hope it never comes to that.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ooc can I take my shot z?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash pulls the blow and sheathes his weapons before accepting Karinth's hand.

'I fear the outcome might be different should you ever show your full power. Let us both hope it never comes to that.'
    "Indeed"

A shiver runs up Varkrash's spine, a sixth sense of sorts lets him know that that power is something he doesn't want to be on the wrong end of.

Tigger wrote: »
    Ooc can I take my shot z?
    OOC: Yep!

"Indeed"

A shiver runs up Varkrash's spine, a sixth sense of sorts lets him know that that power is something he doesn't want to be on the wrong end of.

Vrakrash steps back, still regarding Karinth with a mixture of awe and wariness. He gestures to Rhiggy and climbs atop the worm, scooping up Columbo as he does so.

OOC: Yep!

Karinth I feel you are showing off, wanntvtry tht at range withoutvyour magic? ?

I stop time

• Advertisement

I bind him with a climbing rope and draw an arrow and stand over him
    “Stop showingboff” I demand “w are all beings of note but there is no competition here “

Karinth is dumbfounded.

"So fast...I didn't even sense your intent to move! HAHA!" with joy he rips the ropes open by spreading his arms.

"NOW THIS IS A WARRIOR!!!"

Karinth is dumbfounded.

"So fast...I didn't even sense your intent to move! HAHA!" with joy he rips the ropes open by spreading his arms.

"NOW THIS IS A WARRIOR!!!"

I reach down offer mybhand and help himup

Sarric takes a drink from his waterskin.

Ser Boros looks quite surprised at Varkrash and Redzer, but ignores it for now, not the weirdest things he's seen in the last while.

"Let's get going to Sarric's destination shall we?" he says as Karinth climbs Cargulok's back.

Ser Boros looks quite surprised at Varkrash and Redzer, but ignores it for now, not the weirdest things he's seen in the last while.

"Let's get going to Sarric's destination shall we?" he says as Karinth climbs Cargulok's back.

Vrakrash offers his hand to Ser Boros, smirking at his surprised look.

'Never seen a dragonborn before, have you friend? Don't worry, I don't breathe fire...

On people I like at least.'

He winks at Karinth and Sarric.

"Careful now Varkrash or you'll have Jotano worshipping you."

"Careful now Varkrash or you'll have Jotano worshipping you."

'Jotano?'

Vrakrash laughs.

'A truly amazing party you have assembled here, my friend.'

He looks down at Rhiggy and extends his hand.

'You coming with us?'

The worm rears up, driving through the sand, with Redzer following at shocking speed, one all fours, his limbs are like spider legs, needles rapidly moving across the sand.

• Advertisement

The worm rears up, driving through the sand, with Redzer following at shocking speed, one all fours, his limbs are like spider legs, needles rapidly moving across the sand.

I must not fear

Advertisement