Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"I believe..." Ser Boros begins, but in a flash Karinth bisects one of the men in a single upward stroke from groin to skull.

"VAE VICTIS!!" Karinth roars as he pins the remaining man to ground, plate boot to neck.

"My friend here, Ser Boros, is not as patient and tolerant a man as I, tell us about the palace, lest I let him loose on you."

The man cries in fear.

"What..what..do you wish to know?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: that was absolutely brilliant! Breaking up laughing here.

Sarric approaches the barmaid again and gives her 5GP, "that should cover their bill and ours, and here's another 5GP for having to clean up that mess and forgetting that we were ever here", hands over the other 5gp.

He then joins Ser Boris and Karinth, "Well, does he know where they are keeping Thonis?", having the map close at hand, in case it is not in the Palace.

"The extraplanar wizard you mean...he...he was taken to the temple of the Sun" the man glances at Sarric "Please, may I go?"

Fourier wrote: »
    "The extraplanar wizard you mean...he...he was taken to the temple of the Sun" the man glances at Sarric "Please, may I go?"

"Where are we now, is that the west gates out there?

What is this temple of the Sun, have you been there before, who will be there, why is the extraplanar wizard there?
    What do you do in the palace?
    What time is it?
    "

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "Where are we now, is that the west gates out there?

What is this temple of the Sun, have you been there before, who will be there, why is the extraplanar wizard there?
    What do you do in the palace?
    What time is it?
    "
    The man looks at Sarric with confusion, until it dawns on him.

"You're from his plane! Look I literally just guard the palace, palace guard, that's all, I promise, I had nothing to do with his kidnap..." Karinth presses his boot further into his neck "...honestly that's all....look it's midday, the Temple of the Sun is devoted to the worship of elemental fire magic...I was there when I was younger....PLEASE I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS"

Ser Boros places a hand on Sarric's shoulder.

"This man is just an innocent, surely we should release him"

Sarric looks at Ser Boros with an 'am i talking to miranda now' look.... df15355f6101a0eb7c285be75c4893e1.jpg

"Look, he may be innocent, but he has lots of infomation that is useful to us.
    10 minutes ago the plan was to storm the royal palace, probably kill about 20 innocents, a plan that we now know would have not resulted in getting to where Kronis is.
    Would you prefer if we let this one man go now, then in 20 minutes we will be grab another two innocents kill one of them, to let them know we are serious and then interegate him to tell us what time the temple is open to?
    I don't think Karinth would care about if we attacked more innocents, but i thought you would want us to minimze the amount of innocent people we are forced to disect. Really Ser Boros, i didn't expect you to be so cold..."

Sarric turns back to the man, "What time is the temple open to today?"

Really Ser Boros, i didn't expect you to be so cold..."
    Ser Boros looks away confused, deep in thought.

"Perhaps I was rash...I...hmmm" he continues to think
    Sarric turns back to the man, "What time is the temple open to today?"
    "It never closes, or rather it is always open to its acolytes, you have to be a recognised member of the cult to enter."

Fourier wrote: »
    "It never closes, or rather it is always open to its acolytes, you have to be a recognised member of the cult to enter."
    "And how do they stop non member just walking in the front door?"

• Advertisement

"And how do they stop non member just walking in the front door?"
    "Try and you'll find out..." Karinth releases his boot and brings the man up to eye level by the collar "Are you in the jesting mood? For I am not"

The man swallows, his shaking getting worse, "...no I'm, I'm not...the Temple is guarded, both conventionally and magically, though I know little else about it"

Sarric says "I suggest we bring him with us to the temple, he has been in before as a kid, maybe he can help us get in again."

"Please no, there's no way I could, I...I...my parents were members, I haven't been since I was a boy"

Karinth smirks "Lapsed in your faith then, I'm sure they'll be happy to see you return."

Sarrics says to Karinth, "Maybe we should go talk with his parents before we go to the temple. They might remember more."

The man becomes livid.

"How dare you...my parents, leave them out of this..."

Ser Boros looks highly conflicted.

Karinth places a hand on his shoulder, "Worry not Ser Boros, you will not need to gut this man's parents, for he will provide us access to the temple as a returning child of the faith, yes?"

The man nods. "Yes...yes I will"

Sarric looks pleased, "okay, lets go, I've paid your bill sir so you don't have to worry about that...."
    Sarric goes to the exit/entrance and peeks out.

Passers by simply nod at him and keep to their business. Little else going on in the streets.

Sarric turns back to the man, "you still have not told us where we are, are those gates near here the west gates, the resivoire gates or the maykillalot gates?"

"The western gates...I...I wouldn't go near the other two...just advice...they are watched over by Nibenay himself."

Using the map, Sarric plots a quick route to the temple, avoiding the main streets as much as possible.

452177.PNG

"keep your wits about you and stay close."
    Sarric carefully leads the others along this route.

• Advertisement

They quickly make it to the temple, two insectoid guardians stand in front of the main entrance.

Sarric tells the group to hold here for the minute, then sneaks off with aims to stealthly encircles the temples outskirts, observing for any other entrances or weaknesses, before eventually meeting back up with the group.

OOC: Front of building faces North
    Sarric tells the group to hold here for the minute, then sneaks off with aims to stealthly encircles the temples outskirts, observing for any other entrances or weaknesses, before eventually meeting back up with the group.
    There is a cellar entrance at the South side of the building. Not guarded from the outside.

On the East face of the building, there is a window partially open on the first floor.

When Sarric return he tells Karinth and Ser Boros the results of his reconnaissance mission.
    "Do you think either of those is worth looking into or would you like to confront the guards head on?"

"Guards head on" Karinth says.

Ser Boros nods. "Got to say I agree."

"Okay then, lets help this man return to his faith."
    Sarric walks towards the main entrance of the Temple.

The two insectoids block the door immediately with their spears.

"Members of the Sun cult only" one says, though with little malice.

"We want to sign up, and my friend here is already a member and said he can vouch for us." says Sarric, pointing out the palace guard.

The man nods.

"Their faith moved me."

One of the insects steps forward and places a mandible on the man's neck, which then glows hot.

"Okay, he's a member, go in and speak to the high priest."

• Advertisement

Sarric nods back and proceeds onwards into the temple.

Advertisement