Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

In Karinth's old shack in the ice valley, two of the slavers are outside, cooking food and constructing a new hut.

"Jon, we've been slaving together for how long? Four years? In all that time we never had a home as nice as this valley....and....maybe I want us to be more than fellow slavers...I want..."

Jon pauses.

"Say no more Taliz, I have felt the same way for a long time...but Joqlin and Yuto will never understand...slaving is life to them. Sarric and that pale warrior will never return, we have the valley to ourselves...I just hope..."

Right then Cargulok rears over head. Karinth waving at the slavers below.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash hops down from Cargulok with Columbo re-positioned around his neck and smirks at the slavers.

'Greetings. Surprised to see me?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric also hops down off Cargulok, "Thank you Cargulok, that most most enjoyable."

Sarric then goes and checks out whats cooking.

The slavers seem to be cooking a harpy they have recently shot down.

"Aye golden one, we remember you, I assume by your healthy return our fortress is all the worse for wear?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    The slavers seem to be cooking a harpy they have recently shot down.

"Aye golden one, we remember you, I assume by your healthy return our fortress is all the worse for wear?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'If you mean the Ant Queen you served... she's nice and toasty like that harpy you got there.'

He sits down beside the slavers.

'How did folk like you - wind up serving a tyrant like that? Talk me through it.'

• Advertisement

"We had a slaving business, run by the tattooed guy you met...how is he by the way?"

"We had a slaving business, run by the tattooed guy you met...how is he by the way?"

Vrakrash looks vacantly at the men.

'No idea... Probably dead, the ants went batsh1t crazy when I burned their hive.

Unfortunately my own people probably got caught up in it too.'

He looks at the harpy, licking his lips.

'Want my advice? Join with us and forget that place. Nothing but massive ants, death and burning hives now.'

Sarric looks around for the horses, if he can't see them he asks the men about there whereabouts.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Want my advice? Join with us and forget that place. Nothing but massive ants, death and burning hives now.'
    "Well we were thinking of settling down here, but seeing as how he is back..." he gestures at Karinth "...we most likely cannot, so I suppose we will accompany you. My friend here is of a similar mind to me, the other two though are unrepentant slavers."

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks around for the horses, if he can't see them he asks the men about there whereabouts.
    They are nearby, tied to the hut.

• Advertisement

"Well we were thinking of settling down here, but seeing as how he is back..." he gestures at Karinth "...we most likely cannot, so I suppose we will accompany you. My friend here is of a similar mind to me, the other two though are unrepentant slavers."

'Very well. If they don't want to join, they can do what they like... not my call.'

He looks around to Sarric.

'Sarric, what do you recommend?'

"These men are welcome to join us, as for the ones who won't change there ways,", Sarric smiles while saying to Karinth "I think Cargulok looks hungry."

sKeith wrote: »
    "These men are welcome to join us, as for the ones who won't change there ways,", Sarric smiles while saying to Karinth "I think Cargulok looks hungry."
    "Ah!" exclaims Karinth and then whispers to Sarric "Indeed he is, I rarely permit him the pleasure of the flesh of sentients."

Karinth returns with the two other slavers in his hands.

"Not ready to mend their ways, here you go girl"

He tosses the men up into the air and Cargulok descends upon them, tunneling into the sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ook
    Where am I

Vrakrash laughs heartily and claps Karinth on the shoulder.

'Excellent! Now, what is our plan? Dare we march into Zassan, you alongside us? The rulers sent us to kill you after all.'

Tigger wrote: »
    Ook
    Where am I
    OOC: Currently still on the worm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

OOC: Currently still on the worm

Ook whhooooo

Vrakrash laughs heartily and claps Karinth on the shoulder.

'Excellent! Now, what is our plan? Dare we march into Zassan, you alongside us? The rulers sent us to kill you after all.'
    "You, Sarric and the Drow would surely have stood a chance. 5 to 1 would be the odds I'd estimate.

They were paying people to kill me? How melodramatic, I am not a brute, headless of discourse and reason.

I will head were the rest of wish. Where Sarric goes, adventure follows, this I feel in my bones."

"You, Sarric and the Drow would surely have stood a chance. 5 to 1 would be the odds I'd estimate.

They were paying people to kill me? How melodramatic, I am not a brute, headless of discourse and reason.

I will head were the rest of wish. Where Sarric goes, adventure follows, this I feel in my bones."

Vrakrash shrugs.

'That's what they told me anyways. I never met with these rulers - I, like you met Sarric and Rhiggy in this... endless desert.'

He sighs.

'I might seem to enjoy the heat but this desert is even testing to me. Leaving it would give me great joy.'

• Advertisement

'I might seem to enjoy the heat but this desert is even testing to me. Leaving it would give me great joy.'
    "Wonderful, so where to then? I do know a few interesting places, but would also like to hear any that you lot have heard of"

"Wonderful, so where to then? I do know a few interesting places, but would also like to hear any that you lot have heard of"

'Well, Dhurn Dharal is somewhere I would love to go someday... way up north - but I have heard stories of vast treasures deep underneath the city.

But... perhaps too far right now.

Osinzir might be a fine choice.'

He rubs the djinn ring.

'And I expect it wouldn't take us too long.'

Osinzir might be a fine choice.'

He rubs the djinn ring.

'And I expect it wouldn't take us too long.'
    "The jungle people? I know them little, save that Othegre once traveled with a member of their royalty."

He eyes the ring.

"A genie? I'd be careful my friend...sneaky to the last that lot"

"The jungle people? I know them little, save that Othegre once traveled with a member of their royalty."

He eyes the ring.

"A genie? I'd be careful my friend...sneaky to the last that lot"

Vrakrash takes off the ring.

'I know that more than most. But... dragon fire can be very convincing, keeping their kind on the straight and narrow.'

He tosses the ring to Karinth.

'Can you tell me anything about it's origins?'

Vrakrash takes off the ring.

'I know that more than most. But... dragon fire can be very convincing, keeping their kind on the straight and narrow.'

He tosses the ring to Karinth.

'Can you tell me anything about it's origins?'
    Karinth looks carefully.

"Not a natural genie, mortal, forced into genie state by a true genie. Of moderate strength. The ring itself...is from Coller Woods to the NorthEast, I remember the style being traded in Othegregrad in my youth."

Vrakrash nods.

'Thank you Karinth. We have Carhulok at least for the desert. Are there any places you would like to visit?'

Vrakrash nods.

'Thank you Karinth. We have Carhulok at least for the desert. Are there any places you would like to visit?'
    "In truth, I have little experience outside of the Desert, so I would be interested in leaving it. Though ultimately, I shall go where Sarric goes"

'I certainly share your sentiments there. Though I would like to know the fate of our other comrades, I have no desire to return to the slaver's hideout. I doubt we would get a good welcome...

Although.. it would be a challenge even for you, Karinth. The... Mother.... as they called her - she had some sort of psychic powers too.

I would like to see that battle. And to finish what I started of course.

We have many options, all of which I am equally happy to go along with.'

"Hey Vargash, can you get your genie to wish us all to Dhurn Dharal? We travel with our horses, of course, dont neglect to mention them, those genie folk would love to forget the little details. If we dont ventuer away from deserts, we will not learn anything new, I am all up for the new expierences but Zassan seems to up in its own face right now."

• Advertisement

Sarric looks to see if Jotano is armed with a weapon.

Advertisement