Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Your blessing? Well uh...thanks...I...I'm glad you approve, but we need something more concrete.

We're cornered now, nowhere to run, up until now we could use the landscape."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    "Your blessing? Well uh...thanks...I...I'm glad you approve, but we need something more concrete.

We're cornered now, nowhere to run, up until now we could use the landscape."

"Not my blessing! I would never think myself so capable. It would be a blessing from those who know everything and oversee all actions on this plane, I would just be a conduit through which they would be given the request and if listened to, which they have been doing quite a lot of lately, as i have become a favor among them, will ensure your warriors victory in their fight against the raiders.

If you are unwilling to accept this gift, then I think you do not wish to survive, and therfore are a wothless cause, for only those who truely want to survive will flourish and suceed.

Karinth, lets go and leave these people before their self pity infects us!"

sKeith wrote: »
    "Not my blessing! I would never think myself so capable. It would be a blessing from those who know everything and oversee all actions on this plane....
    "Who are these people, do you carry blessings from the Sorcerer Kings?"
    Karinth, lets go and leave these people before their self pity infects us!"
    The man runs forward.

"Perhaps, something else will persuade you. We have riches...that we can share"

"Who are these people, do you carry blessings from the Sorcerer Kings?"

"The scorcer kings would kneel before these beings, as they could strike down all the sorcerer kings with just a whim."

The man runs forward.

"Perhaps, something else will persuade you. We have riches...that we can share"

"Your treasure means nothing to us, we are seeking an enlightened person whom the sorcerer king Nibenay has dared to capture, we will ask him kindly to release the prisoner, and if he refuses, I will ask the Craulnobers to stike down Nibenay and to cast a blight over the kingdom for 300 years. The Craulnobers listen to me, it was them whom I was going to ask to empower your warriors. Enough, I see now that material wealth is all your kind think about, maybe a few years of slavery will be good for you."

Sarric turns and walks away for the caravan.

"The scorcer kings would kneel before these beings, as they could strike down all the sorcerer kings with just a whim."
    "There are no such beings you lunatic and if you have no interest in treasures suit yourself, we'll face the bandits on our own."

He gestures to the rest of the caravan and they move out.

• Advertisement

"Suit yourselves, which way to Nibenay, I've got a Sorceror king to chat with!"

"Suit yourselves, which way to Nibenay, I've got a Sorceror king to chat with!"
    He shouts over his shoulder.

"Nibenay is that way, about 300 miles that way."

He points in the direction the sun is setting.

Sarric mentions to Karinth while walking towards the sun, "300 hundred miles, thats a fair chunk of ground to cover, can we portal back and try get a little closer next time?"

Sarric mentions to Karinth while walking towards the sun, "300 hundred miles, thats a fair chunk of ground to cover, can we portal back and try get a little closer next time?"
    "I think that would be worth a try, bit reckless to just go ahead using Othegre's last gateway."

He takes a golden sphere from his pockets and charges it in his hands, then throws it into the air. A gateway opens.

"Right, let's try this again"

Sarric enters the gateway.

• Advertisement

They appear back in Othegregrad.

"Alright let's get this calibrated...hahahahahaha"

Karinth laughs louder than Sarric has heard anybody laugh before.

"Ser Boros jumped in, but the time differential has messed him up a bit, he'll appear a few days after us, let's fix that...."

He tinkers a bit with settings or something, hard to tell as he simply has his hands immersed in some sort of jelly.

"Okay, that does it, just outside Nibenay's gates"

He runs and jumps back into the portal.

Sarric follows.

This time they appear inside the gates of a large city. A few half giants sweep the rooftops. And only the odd person or two looks surprised to see them appear or even looks in their direction.

Ser Boros comes tumbling out of the portal as well.

HvTfj9.jpg

Sarric quickly regains his footing and brushes the sand and dust of his clothes. "This looks like a friendly enough place, shall we go find a nice tavern for a meal and a tankard of ale?"

"I think so" says Karinth.

"How about this place, 'The Shattered Valley', seems like a real rough and tumble sort of place."

Sarrics agrees, "this would be as good as any, we also require information, and i'm sure we could purchase some in a place like this."

The enter the bar, mostly human populace if the bar is any indication. People seem to instinctively avoid looking at them, almost as though they were afraid. Even the bartender seems nervous, she only manages a curt "Hey".

"Hey there miss, travellers 3, just got in to this fine city of yours. If you could arrange a table for us please, some nice food to fill our bellies and a tankard of ale to wash it down, we'll be very pleased. And if you have a map of the city handy, that would be of great help for us to plan our sightseeing of this city."

"Sure thing, follow me."

She offers them a table beside some kind of insectoid group, sucking at ale through a straw, at whom Ser Boros stares. They simply nod politely back at him.

"What a strange place..." Ser Boros whispers.

"Open your mind my friend, the planes have many wonders!" Karinth roars in response, turning the heads of half the bar.

The bartender returns with three large ales and some kind of friend purple giant grub.

"By the gods...well as you say Karinth" Ser Boros says before digging in.

"Here's your map" the bartender adds before heading off.

9YI5ST.jpg

Sarric eats and drinks his fill, then relaxes back in his chair.

And with no attempt to keep the discussion private he asks, "So Karinth, Ser Boras, any ideas of where to start looking for our man, Thronis."

• Advertisement

"We storm the Royal Palace, clean easy" Karinth replies with confidence.

The bar instantly goes hushed. Several patrons put their heads down. More than a few instantly leave as fast as they can.

Ser Boros, feeling the tension says "Perhaps ask at the temples, I'm sure the royal palace is not a place to disrespect."

"But, where would they keep Thonis, I doubt he is being kept in the luxory of a palace. If we find out where he is and that is someplace else, like a jailhouse, or a brothel, then we can go there directly and dont need to storm the Royal Palace."

"Well then, how do you think we might find where he is?" Karinth enquires "Torture the wretches in this place? Frequent shady areas and threaten those who frequent them?"

"Two very good ideas Karinth, Ser Boras, want to chip in here with any ideas, remember, there are no wrong answers."

"Maybe...hmmmm....we could bribe the palace workers to tell us where he is being kept, I mean if he is being held by the king of this city state, surely they would have seen."

Karinth slaps him on the back.

"A good plan Ser Boros, we then stealth into where he is being kept, no doubt some foul dungeon. I know the man, he is a delicate soul, not rough and ready like us, no doubt he may have gone made while subject to the vile tortures of this realm."

"Maybe...hmmmm....we could bribe the palace workers to tell us where he is being kept, I mean if he is being held by the king of this city state, surely they would have seen."

Karinth slaps him on the back.

"A good plan Ser Boros, we then stealth into where he is being kept, no doubt some foul dungeon. I know the man, he is a delicate soul, not rough and ready like us, no doubt he may have gone made while subject to the vile tortures of this realm."

Sarric is viably pleased with the progress they are making.
    He gets up and walks back to the bartender.
    "Excuse me mam, do the off duty palace staff, guards, cleaners, maid, frequent this establishment, or which ale house would I best be finding them in?"

"Ehm well, I really wouldn't know that to be honest Sir" she says while glancing at a table to her right, at which two men wearing only a loin cloth and covered in green tattoos sit.

"Ah well, maybe I'll ask around then, thank you."

Sarric returns to his sat with ser boras and karinth and discreetly says,
    "I think we have two palace workers here in this establishment",
    he describes where the two men are sitting and gives a description of them.

"If they don't know anything, maybe we can leverage them into finding out what we want to know for us.

How shall we play this, good sherrif or bad sherrif or a combo of both?", Sarric ends.

"A combo of both, with Ser Boros and I, agreed Sarric?"

• Advertisement

"Go for it you guys, I'll hang back. You two would play the perfect good sherrif bad sherrif, i wonder which is which." Sarric chuckles hard.

Advertisement