Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Who was it who brought up Muslims after the guy had been identified?

He started this conversation trend and now pretends he didn't.
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Caucasian male either from Armenia or Canadian-Armenian. Armenia being a 95% Christian country with an estimated Muslim population of less than 0.1%, potentially the lowest in the entire world.

Also appears to be a 4Chan incel so there's a good chance that only a few days back he might have been brigading other web forums about the shooting in Tennessee, eagerly hoping it was a Muslim on that occasion as we all know 4Channers love to do.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Who was it who brought up Muslims after the guy had been identified?

He started this conversation trend and now pretends he didn't.
    Oh no, it was the lads you're eager to jump to the defense of that were so desperate to bring it up right there on page one. That's where it started, and frankly you appear upset that it wasn't the case. Hence your desperately jumping back to what Captain Obvious referred to as Chapter 4 by nonsensically trying to take the conversation off topic onto Europe for whatever reason.

If you think people get to jump up and down that "MUSLIMS I TELL YA!" only for nobody to correct them afterwards, or that a domestic terror attack based on incel ideology in Canada is the place for bringing up Muslims in Europe, then that's your own issue to deal with just as I said previously.
    Chapter 4 - When narrative is in trouble, double down.

If the incident has nothing to do with Islam or immigration make sure to try and move the narrative towards past attacks or talk about how violence is an integral part of Islam itself. At this point it is vital to completely ignore the current incident and victims. Do not acknowledge their existence. If necessary, use pictures of previous crime scenes or past victims of Islamic terrorism in an attempt to evoke emotional response. Call everyone who disagrees with you an apologist or left wing liberal. Accuse them of having blood on their hands. Talk about flood gates and open borders as much as possible.

Oh no, it was the lads you're eager to jump to the defense of that were so desperate to bring it up right there on page one. That's where it started, and frankly you appear upset that it wasn't the case. Hence your desperately jumping back to what Captain Obvious referred to as Chapter 4 by nonsensically trying to take the conversation off topic onto Europe for whatever reason.

If you think people get to jump up and down that "MUSLIMS I TELL YA!" only for nobody to correct them afterwards, or that a domestic terror attack based on incel ideology in Canada is the place for bringing up Muslims in Europe, then that's your own issue to deal with just as I said previously.

I didn't say it was Muslims and I've never jumped to conclusions in any of these apparent terrorist attack threads. I posted a Canadian news report that cited a witness saying the person was middle eastern. When the killers name was released I was the first to post it.

I don't have some sick agenda and if you think I do you're fantasizing. I look at facts and realities and the reality is Europe is becomingly increasingly a more unstable place because of mass immigration from predominantly Muslim occupied countries.

That's my stance, I have no idea what yours is. I'm open to debating my stance any time you wish because the facts are on my side, not yours.

I didn't say it was Muslims and I've never jumped to conclusions in any of these apparent terrorist attack threads. I posted a Canadian news report that cited a witness saying the person was middle eastern. When the killers name was released I was the first to post it.

I don't have some sick agenda and if you think I do you're fantasizing. I look at facts and realities and the reality is Europe is becomingly increasingly a more unstable place because of mass immigration from predominantly Muslim occupied countries.

That's my stance, I have no idea what yours is.
    I was not responding to you at that time at all, I was responding to the guy initially saying he "bets it was a Muslim" after the attack, who was still eagerly looking for the guys' religion after if was becoming clear the attack was not motivated by religious beliefs. For some reason, you took great offense to that and go on a completely off topic rant about Muslims in Europe, in the UK, Angela Merkel, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That's my stance, I have no idea what yours is. I'm open to debating my stance any time you wish because the facts are on my side, not yours.

Ok so you know this attack wasnt commited by a muslim but you think this thread concerns muslim immigration in Europe anyway?

Do you know Canada isn't in Europe?

• Advertisement

I was not responding to you at that time at all, I was responding to the guy initially saying he "bets it was a Muslim" after the attack, who was still eagerly looking for the guys' religion after if was becoming clear the attack was not motivated by religious beliefs. For some reason, you took great offense to that and go on a completely off topic rant about Muslims in Europe, in the UK, Angela Merkel, etc etc.

You know what it looked like to me? Open gloating when there isn't a position to be gloating from. There are problems in Europe and there is a rise in right wing extremism because of that.

Also it's a stringent position to hold when the vast majority of vehicle attacks in recent years have been Islamist extremists and ISIS groups have openly propagated such methods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Also it's a stringent position to hold when the vast majority of vehicle attacks in recent years have been Islamist extremists and ISIS groups have openly propagated such methods.
    on a scale of 1 to 10 , how bitterly were you disapointed it wasn't a msulim?

You know what it looked like to me? Open gloating when there isn't a position to be gloating from. There are problems in Europe and there is a rise in right wing extremism because of that.

It was directly answering the persons question, if you don't like that then tough. It is interesting that you didn't have any issue with them still pushing to see what religion the guy was though, even when you knew it was based on incel ideology rather than any religious beliefs. And despite knowing it was domestic attack based on incel ideology in Canada you also felt the need to try and veer the thread off topic into Muslims in the UK, Merkel, Muslims in the EU and so on and so on.

As someone else mentioned, you might as well have been discussing the Liverpool match from earlier tonight.

on a scale of 1 to 10 , how bitterly were you disapointed it wasn't a msulim?

Well constructed and worded arguments like this are just too much to handle. You got me

Well constructed and worded arguments like this are just too much to handle. You got me
    I don't see a number in your answer....

• Advertisement

I don't see a number in your answer....

I don't see any level of intelligence in your question....

I don't see any level of intelligence in your question....
    an ameoba can't see very far. Can you count to one?

an ameoba can't see very far. Can you count to one?

You probably shouldn't make such statements when you misspell words like disappointed, I'll engage with Billy even though I thoroughly disagree with him on most things he's still able to construct a coherent argument. Taking simple cheap shots isn't going to work on me I'm afraid.

So like I said, not worth the time. There's ample evidence of problems out there and this isn't the thread to discuss it. So I'm out.

So I'm out.
    Yeah go peddle your scaremongering sh1te elsewhere.Wont wash here

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

What does being autistic have to do with anything? It's completely irrelevant to the subject, much like discussion of his skin color. Autistic people are far more likely to be victims of crime than perpetrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Some early reports did say that the suspect was Middle Eastern.

Because people said he looks Middle Eastern, based on his skin colour. So to say racism isn't an issue here is just wrong.
    There's no narrative, it's reality.

Terrorism is only one part of the problem. An ideology that is openly misogynist and anti gay isn't good for Europe.

I think it will be a long time before the Catholic Church loses it's influence in Europe. Although I suspect you were probably talking about Islam. Two sides of the same coin really. Thankfully Europe is moving rapidly towards a more secular society and this will reduce the damage that can be done by either religion.
    Like I said, have your day in the sun and gloat over people dying because that's what you've been reduced to since the evidence of social problems across Europe is so overwhelming and global leaders including Merkel have said multiculturalism is a myth. The problems are a ticking time-bomb and eventually they will come to fruition.

You just keep that moisturiser beside your keyboard for the next time someone who looks or sounds Middle Eastern does something terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭mattser

Condolences to the families of the deceased.
    As usual boards.ie turns into a catfight.
    So called mods obviously couldn't care less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

I see the media are calling the police man a hero for arresting the guy instead of shooting him. That police man is nothing but a total coward he had a gun and failed to use it, the attaclef will face no justice when the cop should have lit him up and dispatched him there and then.

In the US the cops would have left him like a sive and it would have been what he deserved. Canada is gone to hell in a basket really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doltanian wrote: »
    I see the media are calling the police man a hero for arresting the guy instead of shooting him. That police man is nothing but a total coward he had a gun and failed to use it, the attaclef will face no justice when the cop should have lit him up and dispatched him there and then.

In the US the cops would have left him like a sive and it would have been what he deserved. Canada is gone to hell in a basket really.

6049AB69E588D96ECACC55BAA155413D65A08AC3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Some news are floating around the web that the guy called himself an "Incel", and that he idolised another misogynist called Elliot Rodger who killed 6 people in 2014.

Is that going to be the newest thing, then? Men killing people because they can't get laid?
    Well, ok, maybe not that new....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

One of the more disturbing revelations is that Elliott Rogers has fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Doltanian wrote: »

Yeah, maybe the cop could have said a witty one-liner as he shot the guy in the face. Something like 'Can't get laid? Well screw you…' then BLAM!!! Straight through his forehead. Totally awesome.

Back in reality-land, I'm glad to see that the arsehole didn't get the suicide by cop ending he craved and instead gets to rot in a jail cell. Maybe getting the chance to psychologically profile him will give police authorities help in combating what could be growing threat in the future.

The cop is a hero in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Yeah, maybe the cop could have said a witty one-liner as he shot the guy in the face. Something like 'Can't get laid? Well screw you…' then BLAM!!! Straight through his forehead. Totally awesome.

That's an awesome line.

Shenshen wrote: »
    Some news are floating around the web that the guy called himself an "Incel", and that he idolised another misogynist called Elliot Rodger who killed 6 people in 2014.

Is that going to be the newest thing, then? Men killing people because they can't get laid?
    Well, ok, maybe not that new....

yeah this was posted earlier on the thread. I blame reddit myself.
    Unconfirmed, but apparently he posted this on his Facebook in the last few days.

facebook.jpg

Back in reality-land, I'm glad to see that the arsehole didn't get the suicide by cop ending he craved and instead gets to rot in a jail cell. Maybe getting the chance to psychologically profile him will give police authorities help in combating what could be growing threat in the future.

The cop is a hero in my eyes.

have you considered a career as a hollywood scriptwriter?

wes wrote: »
    I feel sorry for most of them. I think a lot of them could be helped. Not sure if there are resources to help people like that out. Sadly, the only place for a lot of those guys are those toxic online communities.

Any pity I might have for them evaporates when I see a thread like this…

https://incels.me/threads/caught-this-fat-bitch-swiping-left-on-tinder-video.37970/#post-664926

there is no way i am clicking on that link when i'm in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The incel community forum on reddit was shut down a few weeks back. It was quite a cess pool.

there is no way i am clicking on that link when i'm in work.

Ah, it's just a bunch of lonely guys talking about fat bitches and ham beasts and throwing in the odd racist comment about black guys. They're really just misunderstood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I want to see Bruce Willis say this to Gary Busey so bad.

In relation to post you replied to, that cop is most definitely a hero and I'm sure he couldn't care less what some pussy on the internet thinks about him.

Advertisement