Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Looks like the Facebook post is real:

https://twitter.com/JaneLytv/status/988790539150540800

That is from a journalist working for Buzzfeed located in Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Jesus, I ended up looing at a site called incels.me when googling about this event and the connection to the incel movement. From what I've read there, they really are the dregs of society.

It is beyond bizarre.

The good news is he is on his way to prison and won't be a virgin for much longer. There may still be an element of Involuntary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

baylah17 wrote: »
    Piss poor attempt to defend your posting history of vitriolic racism and in particular Islamaphobia

main-qimg-dd539a3da7cc49f1f20563d19370043a-c

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭garbo speaks

Has there been any confirmation on his religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Muslim I'll bet...

Sorry Garbo you can't claim your winnings yet, which I'm sure upsets you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Has there been any confirmation on his religion?
    Caucasian male either from Armenia or Canadian-Armenian. Armenia being a 95% Christian country with an estimated Muslim population of less than 0.1%, potentially the lowest in the entire world.

Also appears to be a 4Chan incel so there's a good chance that only a few days back he might have been brigading other web forums about the shooting in Tennessee, eagerly hoping it was a Muslim on that occasion as we all know 4Channers love to do.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Billy86 wrote: »
    Caucasian male either from Armenia or Canadian-Armenian. Armenia being a 95% Christian country with an estimated Muslim population of less than 0.1%, potentially the lowest in the entire world.

Also appears to be a 4Chan incel so there's a good chance that only a few days back he might have been brigading other web forums about the shooting in Tennessee, eagerly hoping it was a Muslim on that occasion as we all know 4Channers love to do.........

tenor.gif

Yeah, that indeed sums up some of the posts on the first page. They must be suffering a horrible case of blue balls right around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

These red-pill, mysoginistic self proclaimed incels are as much terrorists as the Isis supporters who drive cars into crowds.

Yeah, that indeed sums up some of the posts on the first page. They must be suffering a horrible case of blue balls right around now.

If you're trying to make the case that because a killer in Canada wasn't a Muslim fanatic and therefore Muslim immigration hasn't caused mass social problems across Europe then you are a fool.

You treat the fact that people died not at the hand of a Muslim fanatic as some sort of moral victory.

Newsflash, it isn't just terrorist attacks that people are upset with, and even if it was, as an example there's still 23k Jihadi's in the UK who the police suspect as possible terrorist suspects.

You've had your day in the sun, it must be a horrible existence to celebrate the death of people because it suits your twisted political agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

2 Scoops wrote: »
    If you're trying to make the case that because a killer in Canada wasn't a Muslim fanatic and therefore Muslim immigration hasn't caused mass social problems across Europe then you are a fool.

You treat the fact that people died not at the hand of a Muslim fanatic as some sort of moral victory.

Newsflash, it isn't just terrorist attacks that people are upset with, and even if it was, as an example there's still 23k Jihadi's in the UK who the police suspect as possible terrorist suspects.

You've had your day in the sun, it must be a horrible existence to celebrate the death of people because it suits your twisted political agenda.

Here comes the virtue signaling. Unable to not talk about Muslims? Check. Claim others are celebrating people getting killed because of their political agenda while ignoring the people on the first page? Check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Here comes the virtue signaling. Unable to not talk about Muslims? Check. Claim others are celebrating people getting killed because of their political agenda while ignoring the people on the first page? Check.

It's not just me who find it's bizarre there are people actually bitter that this wasn't a religious fanatic is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wexie wrote: »
    It's not just me who find it's bizarre there are people actually bitter that this wasn't a religious fanatic is it?

in fairness it did take a whole 27 posts before this started

legrub.gif

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT... THE MUSLIMS!!! TTTHHHEEEE MMMMUUUSSSSLLLIIIIMMMSSSS!!!!
    It's no surprise that you seem eager to derail this thread into that same old nonsense, though you might have missed the fact that Canada is not in Europe.

The poster was asking what religion the terrorist was, having earlier saying he would "bet it's a Muslim" which you seem cool with. If you take offense to it being pointed out that the guy was a Caucasian and either Armenian (less than 0.1% Muslim population) or Canadian-Armenian who apparently loved lurking around with 4Chan incels, that's your own issue to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Straight from the playbook.
    Chapter 4 - When narrative is in trouble, double down.

If the incident has nothing to do with Islam or immigration make sure to try and move the narrative towards past attacks or talk about how violence is an integral part of Islam itself. At this point it is vital to completely ignore the current incident and victims. Do not acknowledge their existence. If necessary, use pictures of previous crime scenes or past victims of Islamic terrorism in an attempt to evoke emotional response. Call everyone who disagrees with you an apologist or left wing liberal. Accuse them of having blood on their hands. Talk about flood gates and open borders as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

wexie wrote: »
    You mean kinda like Muslims?

Insert 'That's the Joke' Simpsons meme here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Where is the mod warning? Go on you know you need a mod warning in first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

tradhead wrote: »
    If it’s any help to those with family or friends in downtown Toronto, this happened in North York so about 18km from the city centre.

I heard about it on the news at work when the news broke first (my office is downtown) and then nothing was really said about it at all, it was weird. It was only when I got home and looked online that I realized that nine people had been killed.

Hopefully an isolated incident anyway, I thought we were safe enough up here rather than in the US but sure I suppose nowhere is immune now.

Trudeau is bringing in former ISIS fighters [though its most likely happening here too.]and acting like they'll be a huge benefit for Canadian society. Ofcourse no one is safe. The next few weeks are going to be interesting since Ramadan is coming up.

Who said anything about Skin color? Anyway he's been named, Alek Minassian. He was known to Police.

He wasn't known to police either.
    He wasn't muslim.
    He wasn't an immigrant.

Yet you ramble about Muslim Immigration anyway. Classic.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Trudeau is bringing in former ISIS fighters [though its most likely happening here too.]and acting like they'll be a huge benefit for Canadian society. Ofcourse no one is safe. The next few weeks are going to be interesting since Ramadan is coming up.

Ah yes ISIS.

Does anyone know how the Liverpool match went if we are just blurging out random points in this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

pjohnson wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the Liverpool match went if we are just blurging out random points in this thread?
    well a muslim did set anfield on fire.......:pac::pac:

well a muslim did set anfield on fire.......:pac::pac:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

pjohnson wrote: »
    He wasn't known to police either.
    He wasn't muslim.
    He wasn't an immigrant.

Yet you ramble about Muslim Immigration anyway. Classic.

Some early reports did say that the suspect was Middle Eastern.

Straight from the playbook.

There's no narrative, it's reality.

Terrorism is only one part of the problem. An ideology that is openly misogynist and anti gay isn't good for Europe.

Like I said, have your day in the sun and gloat over people dying because that's what you've been reduced to since the evidence of social problems across Europe is so overwhelming and global leaders including Merkel have said multiculturalism is a myth. The problems are a ticking time-bomb and eventually they will come to fruition.

Terrorism is only one part of the problem. An ideology that is openly misogynist and anti gay isn't good for Europe.

Like I said, have your day in the sun and gloat over people dying because that's what you've been reduced to since the evidence of social problems across Europe is so overwhelming and global leaders including Merkel have said multiculturalism is a myth. The problems are a ticking time-bomb and eventually they will come to fruition.

And what does this agenda of yours have to do with this incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please quote where I said there isn't problems with Neo Nazi's or the likes. All you're doing and what governments have done is given ammunition to such people. They are a secondary problem and when certain problems are left unaddressed these cretins come out to surface and are given a platform.

There has been an increasing trend of higher security over the past 10 years in Europe and to argue otherwise is simply being disingenuous. There is ample evidence of social problems such as the Pakistani grooming gangs in the UK or the thousands of people who committed sexual assaults in Germany on New years eve a few years back.

Terrorism is only one part of the problem. Any social problems should be openly identified as such and whether it's right or left wing extremism both should be tackled. You cannot create an argument which is what I see in this thread that if one side does something that makes it's ok for the other to do so.

If you want an honest conversation then you have to be honest and not use your political bias as a wedge to attack one side and ignore the other. Anyway this all off topic now - I've said my piece.

Just a(nother) quick reminder:

map-of-canada.gif

map-of-europe.gif

The same thing as always, hence trying to turn a thread about an incel terrorist attack in Canada from either a domestic terrorist and/or a country with one of the smallest Muslim populations in the entire world into a thread about "derp Muslims in Europe!!"

It's pathetic, but fully expected. We're probably about 30-odd posts away from them trying to steer on to Rotherham next.

They must be great craic in real life.

Sane Person: "Hey if you are going to the shop can you get milk?"
    This Guy: THE MUSLIMS ARE COMING! MULTICULTURALISM IS A FAILURE. LIBERAL MERKEL DOOMS US ALL.
    Sane Person: .........

• Advertisement

To be honest I wouldn't be shocked, though I switched the post to something more succinct and simple because the mention of the word will send the usual horde trotting in.

Advertisement