Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Will all depend on the colour of the attacker's skin.

Why do you have to drag race into this ?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    Apparently he had a bit of a hang up on the Elliot Rodgers shootings from a few years back which were neither white supremacist nor Muslim but a frustrated hatred of women and sexually active men though at this point it could be anything. As you said, best not to jump to conclusions either side like happened with previous terrorist attack in Canada last year.

Seriously great job by the cop to not shoot him in a tense, split second situation when he was trying to make out he had a gun though.

Actually I disagree with you, quelle surprise.

I couldn't care less if he was a loony looking for 70 virgins or a loony lauding anders breivik, he slaughtered 10 innocent people and maimed many others.
    He is never going to add anything to society except cost it in long term prison and possibly secure psychiatric care, so feck him.

Just do everyone, probably including the guy himself, a massive favour and shoot him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The ghouls are out in force as per usual :rolleyes:.

I have family in Mississauga and my sisters in laws live in Toronto. No one was anywhere near where the attack happened.

I think there is a real problem, with young men being radicalized, by various toxic ideologies and them going on a killing spree. There really needs to be resources to prevent this kind of thing. These toxic hateful sub cultures online are causing a great deal of misery imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What does an autistic Toronto software developer running people over with a van have to do with multiculturism?

Some posts remind me of the people that would have an essay ready to go for the leaving cert Irish exam. They would try fit that story into whatever comes up somehow, even if it made no sense.

Is Armenia in Canada? Culturally the same as Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What does an autistic Toronto software developer running people over with a van have to do with multiculturism?

Some posts remind me of the people that would have an essay ready to go for the leaving cert Irish exam. They would try fit that story into whatever comes up somehow, even if it made no sense.

Reminds me of this 7f3evrzipro01.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

jmayo wrote: »
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Will all depend on the colour of the attacker's skin.

Apparently he had a bit of a hang up on the Elliot Rodgers shootings from a few years back which were neither white supremacist nor Muslim but a frustrated hatred of women and sexually active men though at this point it could be anything. As you said, best not to jump to conclusions either side like happened with previous terrorist attack in Canada last year.

Seriously great job by the cop to not shoot him in a tense, split second situation when he was trying to make out he had a gun though.

Actually I disagree with you, quelle surprise.

I couldn't care less if he was a loony looking for 70 virgins or a loony lauding anders breivik, he slaughtered 10 innocent people and maimed many others.
    He is never going to add anything to society except cost it in long term prison and possibly secure psychiatric care, so feck him.

Just do everyone, probably including the guy himself, a massive favour and shoot him.
    Just to clarify, it's not his wellbeing I am concerned about, more that I would happily pay taxes so professionals can look into what exactly caused this in his head to reduce chances of it happening in future, rather than leaving it as a complete mystery with nothing to be learned from, like seems to have become the case with others like the Las Vegas shooter. Something needs to be done and figured out about young males getting driven to extremist circles in all sides of the divide, because it won't fix itself otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I haven't seen anything saying he is Armenian. Have you taken the fact his surname is of Armenian origin and just ploughed on based on that? Everybody in North America has a surname which has a non-North American origin. If his surname was Doyle would you have just assumed he was Irish?

Besides, Armenia is a deeply Christian country. 96% Christian according to their last census. Less than 1,000 Muslims in the entire country.

Sorry that he isn't fitting into your agenda. Hopefully it works out for you next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I suppose though the autistic person probably wouldnt have thought of hiring a truck if the radical Islamists hadnt done so first.He might have picked up a knife but you wouldnt inflict half as much carnage with a knife.

I do think its time now to have a conversation about autism and about proper supports and supervision for adults with this condition. There definitely needs to be a record kept of each incident involving an autistic person and an understanding of how their isolation is damaging to them and society.

Most of the school shootings in the USA were caused by loners and its probably fair to assume many were autistic too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Muslim I'll bet...

Name sounds Armenian. So probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Known to Police and all ffs.

9 family and friends now have funerals to go to.

**** off like

BBC are saying he wasn't known to Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

When was the last update on the Dundalk murderer? Have the Gardai even figured out where he’s from yet??

3 weeks ago. And, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I’d say the Canadians, much like the Irish, will sweep this under the carpet. Wouldn’t fit in with their liberal attitude towards forced multiculturism. When was the last update on the Dundalk murderer? Have the Gardai even figured out where he’s from yet??

what does this incident have to do with multiculturalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Just to clarify, it's not his wellbeing I am concerned about, more that I would happily pay taxes so professionals can look into what exactly caused this in his head to reduce chances of it happening in future, rather than leaving it as a complete mystery with nothing to be learned from, like seems to have become the case with others like the Las Vegas shooter. Something needs to be done and figured out about young males getting driven to extremist circles in all sides of the divide, because it won't fix itself otherwise.

There has been a lot of research into why young men in particular are radicalized. There's a lot in common between someone like this guy or Eliot Rodgers and guys who head off to isis. there's also a lot of differences. generally guys like Rodgers are well educated and well off, yet they feel the world owes them something. With ISIS it's generally very poor and badly educated people.
    Never the less, there's a lot of similarities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Unconfirmed, but apparently he posted this on his Facebook in the last few days.

facebook.jpg

The ''Incel Rebellion''.
    For fex sake.

0V5iqdYpoaDy_9VFU4hV6G4niSOX5ET2924VZji87Xo.png?w=1024&

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Why do you have to drag race into this?

I guess he was making the point that if the guy responsible was brown skinned, it would be considered an act of terrorism but if he's white, it's because he is mentally unstable.

Because it's fabulous?
    1280x720-63c.jpg

Malayalam wrote: »
    The ''Incel Rebellion''.
    For fex sake.

0V5iqdYpoaDy_9VFU4hV6G4niSOX5ET2924VZji87Xo.png?w=1024&

There's some guys on here who would have similar politics to him even if they wouldn't agree with his actions.

Grayson wrote: »
    There's some guys on here who would have similar politics to him even if they wouldn't agree with his actions.

A lot of the incel/pua/red pill types also tend to be alt right as well. Now not all of them are, but there is a lot of cross over between the 2. Stuff like using similar terminology "red pilling" and that kind of thing. They both come from the same toxic sub cultures on the Internet, and there is definitely a lot of crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

wes wrote: »
    A lot of the incel/pua/red pill types also tend to be alt right as well. Now not all of them are, but there is a lot of cross over between the 2. Stuff like using similar terminology "red pilling" and that kind of thing. They both come from the same toxic sub cultures on the Internet, and there is definitely a lot of crossover.

Riiiiight so anyone who is into mens rights is a potential terrorist ?

You are talking about that red pill movie yeah ?

Christ......

Christ......

Yeah, that shít's crazy, imagine lumping all those disparate groups into a solid, unified group and being suspicious of them all based on the actions of a tiny, tiny amount of extremists…

But Muslims are a different thing altogether, they are all potential terrorists!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,091 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

and after you let the professionals learn his motivations can we then you know whack him ?
    I guess he was making the point that if the guy responsible was brown skinned, it would be considered an act of terrorism but if he's white, it's because he is mentally unstable.

Ah come on now there were a lot of people telling us lone wolfe terrorist attacks by non whites was due to mental illness.
    The mental illness has been used by all sides on that debate.
    Grayson wrote: »

I know you guys are aiming this at people who you would label right wing, but as a supposed right wing nazi (like in your opinions anyway) WTF is incel, pua types ?

To me PUA is akin to virus/malware.

• Advertisement

Christ......

:rolleyes: PUA/incels/Red pillers are not men right activists :D. There inter related toxic sub cultures. Red pill is from the Matrix originally, not seen the "Red Pill" documentary talking about these guys.

Ah come on now there were a lot of people telling us lone wolfe terrorist attacks by non whites was due to mental illness. The mental illness has been used by all sides on that debate.

The generally perceived media bias is brown skin = terrorist, white skin = mentally ill. I'm not really sure that's changed all that much.

I know you guys are aiming this at people who you would label right wing, but as a supposed right wing nazi (like in your opinions anyway) WTF is incel, pua types ?

PUA = pick up artist
    Incel = Involuntary Celibate

PUA = "Pick Up Artist". Incel = "Involuntary Celibate". Red Pill is based on the Matrix movies, where Morpheus offers Neo the Red and blue pill, you will see that term used in the PUA and Alt Right communities.

As I said not all are Alt Right, just that there cross over between the 2 groups. Alt Right types like to target the vulnerable, and these guys fit the bill.

Plenty of these guys are also apolitical from what I can tell. I am just pointing out that toxic online sub cultures cross over, with some people being drawn into much worse place as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Yeah, that shít's crazy, imagine lumping all those disparate groups into a solid, unified group and being suspicious of them all based on the actions of a tiny, tiny amount of extremists…

But Muslims are a different thing altogether, they are all potential terrorists!!!

Let's not turn this thread into something else.
    But fwiw I know it's a tiny minority - however the issue is that it's not a tiny minority that have sympathies with their actions now is it ?

I won't discuss it further on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Godlikeproductions has a lot to answer for..

Jesus, I ended up looing at a site called incels.me when googling about this event and the connection to the incel movement. From what I've read there, they really are the dregs of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

Piss poor attempt to defend your posting history of vitriolic racism and in particular Islamaphobia

Jesus, I ended up looing at a site called incels.me when googling about this event and the connection to the incel movement. From what I've read there, they really are the dregs of society.

I feel sorry for most of them. I think a lot of them could be helped. Not sure if there are resources to help people like that out. Sadly, the only place for a lot of those guys are those toxic online communities.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Has that facebook post been confirmed to be his?

Would be incredibly easy to fake.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Has that facebook post been confirmed to be his?

Would be incredibly easy to fake.

No confirmation from what I can see. Your right could easily be fake.

Advertisement