Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 COR11

Anyone know if this happened the last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 WayneH

Same problem here guys but I also sent my email to Recruit at AerLingus dot Com (sorry, it wont let me post an email address) as I suspect cut-e are a vender who AL outsource teh tests too, and I suspect they wont be calling AL in the morning to advise that they had an outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Markkerley

dubladdie wrote: »
    They will have to re-open it and give some sort of an extension surely? Fingers crossed!
    Yeah surely they will reopen it tomorrow. They cant let so many people miss out on their possible future because of an issue on their side. If it was ryanair... well.. it would be a different story

Lads and ladies, are ye gonna keep trying until midnight or pack it in?

Markkerley wrote: »

Pack it in, anyone who can fix the problem is in bed no doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Pack it in. No way is it going to be back up and fully functioning for everyone to complete their tests in the next 45 mins.

True enough, hopefully they'll open it again tomorrow. Be a pity if we did all of those assessments for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Yeah surely they will reopen it tomorrow. They cant let so many people miss out on their possible future because of an issue on their side. If it was ryanair... well.. it would be a different story

Playing Devils advocate here, But they may not, Applicants had 4 days to complete the assessments,and with the thousands of applicants who have probably already completed the assessments, They may just say tough luck to the guys who were having issues with the portal in the final 2 hours.

Playing Devils advocate here, But they may not, Applicants had 4 days to complete the assessments,and with the thousands of applicants who have probably already completed the assessments, They may just say tough luck to the guys who were having issues with the portal in the final 2 hours.

People have work and family commitments, no point setting a deadline if you’re not going to honour it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 a320famalam

COR11 wrote: »

People have work and family commitments, no point setting a deadline if you’re not going to honour it

True enough. I work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts. First opportunity I had to do this after minimal prep was today.

Deadline was until midnight all, unfortunately things went down before midnight cutting the deadline short. Aer lingus will likely work with people as opposed to take a hard nosed approach.

All remains TBC but stay positive, the airline wants people to do well - doesn't want them to get shafted by a dodgy IT server.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

peavey555 wrote: »
    For anyone who have completed both assessments. In 2nd assessment, is your Interview item listed as completed or still "In Progress" after completing it ? I have a tick box beside all other items but not this one. Got an error message for 1 video upload for interview.....

Thanks

Someone I know had an upload error on the first video and the second didn't record. Third and fourth were fine. Emailed E-cut but they said all tests were marked as complete. So that's most likely that. :(

Hey guys, all tests can be completed now. Logged in this morning and was able to finish the last two.

Hey guys, all tests can be completed now. Logged in this morning and was able to finish the last two.

Brilliant! May fire some coffee down and get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I hope they extend it til tonight.

I'm in work at the moment, can't exactly start talking in front of the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

I emailed them yesterday as soon as I noticed the site was inaccessible, I had just the interview to complete.
    They will have no choice but to extend it - more than likely tonight at midnight. Many people will be at work or otherwise engaged during the day so I wouldn't worry for any of those who couldn't access last night.

Also, did anyone get any results from the tests - some people over in PPRune have said they were "happy with their results after completing the assessments" ?

Do you get a confirmation email or anything when everything is completed?

COR11 wrote: »
    Do you get a confirmation email or anything when everything is completed?

As far as I know people who have completed everything have not received any confirmation as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I haven't received any communication if the deadline was extended until this evening which is slightly worrying

Friend of mine received communication from cut-e today. Deadline extended until tomorrow midnight for those who had technical difficulties.

Got this back from Aer Lingus themselves:

Hi Sarah

If you have experienced any technical difficulties you will be afforded a deadline until tomorrow at 12pm Midnight but you will need to log in an email to aerlingus@cut-e.com in order for this to be granted.

Please be advised it could be a few hours before you hear back from cute cut-e due to volume as well.

Regards

Aer Lingus Recruitment Team

• Advertisement

Yep he contacted Aer Lingus direct as well and got the same email.

I sent them an email informing them of the website being down last night. I got a reply with an offer of an extended deadline until Tuesday 22nd 23:59.
    However it landed in my spam folder around midday today and I assume this will happen for anyone using a Gmail address ( I had already added them as a contact, but the email was still marked as spam ), best to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

Hi all,

Congrats on completing stage 1. I know it's early doors but has anyone any time frames of when the results should be expected and further testing stages IF successful.

Best of luck to everyone on results

Thanks

Hi all,

Congrats on completing stage 1. I know it's early doors but has anyone any time frames of when the results should be expected and further testing stages IF successful.

Best of luck to everyone on results

Thanks

Hi Tommy,

From what I can gather on boards and PPRune.org - it looks like about 3 to 4 weeks before we'll get word back on invites to the group stages in Dublin at end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 youoweme

Hi People,
    Congrats to everyone who has completed their assessments.
    I completed my assessments on Saturday evening. All Videos showed upload of 100% and the stage was shown complete on the task list page. I emailed Cut-e today as i had not heard anything and the status of my application on the aerlingus site had not changed from 'invite to.....assessments'. Cut-e replied saying two videos failed to upload and that they are reviewing the status of my appliation, Im pretty disappointed to say the least.

Has anyone else run into this problem and gotten a resolution? i got no notifications of any issues and therefore thought everything was hunky dory.

youoweme wrote: »
    Hi People,
    Congrats to everyone who has completed their assessments.
    I completed my assessments on Saturday evening. All Videos showed upload of 100% and the stage was shown complete on the task list page. I emailed Cut-e today as i had not heard anything and the status of my application on the aerlingus site had not changed from 'invite to.....assessments'. Cut-e replied saying two videos failed to upload and that they are reviewing the status of my appliation, Im pretty disappointed to say the least.

Has anyone else run into this problem and gotten a resolution? i got no notifications of any issues and therefore thought everything was hunky dory.

My friend had the same experience but realised it at the time, so contacted Cut-e, who reopened the two missing videos until last night's deadline. Very stressful.

Thanks for the reply Dilbert, i have contacted both Cut-e and Aer Lingus, Cut-e say they are reviewing the application, no response from aer lingus yet. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

What a farce.

youoweme wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Dilbert, i have contacted both Cut-e and Aer Lingus, Cut-e say they are reviewing the application, no response from aer lingus yet. :(

Bear in mind their initial response to my friend was that all assessments were complete. Only after contacting AL and forwarding their reply to Cut-E did they review closely and open the two missing videos.

• Advertisement

Yes, i sent the intial inquiry email to both aer lingus and cut-e, cut-e replied telling me about the issue. I replied and explained that the status of the video interview shows 'completed and sent' for me and forwarded them the screenshot. Im hoping they dont rubbish my entire application based on that. If i get rejected anyway i suppose ill never know, maybe an FOI request will shed some light after the fact. fingers crossed.

Advertisement