Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gav4321

Aoibhs wrote: »
    Hi gav,
    What kind of questions did they ask?

Won't say the exact questions here as that would be unfair to the people who have already submitted.

But the questions were very general, nothing technical. I wouldn't be getting too worked up on them, it will be the format (video recording you with a clock in the corner counting down) that will put you off more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Hi gav,
    What kind of questions did they ask?

Its very easy to find out what the questions are if you use some intiative. Ya cant be asking boards.ie what way to configure before take off!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Batman18

gav4321 wrote: »
    Won't say the exact questions here as that would be unfair to the people who have already submitted.

But the questions were very general, nothing technical. I wouldn't be getting too worked up on them, it will be the format (video recording you with a clock in the corner counting down) that will put you off more so.

Definitely agree with this! Safe to say I'm not going to be the next big youtube star :D:D

I hope not but I reckon this is the end of the road for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jenni_495

Don't get discouraged, these tests are hard, you have probably done better than you think. That's what I am hoping for myself anyway!

I don't know about anyone else but I sure as hell felt like I did a lot of waffling about very little in the video interview so sure we are all in the same boat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 peavey555

For anyone who have completed both assessments. In 2nd assessment, is your Interview item listed as completed or still "In Progress" after completing it ? I have a tick box beside all other items but not this one. Got an error message for 1 video upload for interview.....

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

peavey555 wrote: »
    For anyone who have completed both assessments. In 2nd assessment, is your Interview item listed as completed or still "In Progress" after completing it ? I have a tick box beside all other items but not this one. Got an error message for 1 video upload for interview.....

Thanks

Just finished my assessments, the interview item had a check beside it. Fairly happy with the interview, questions weren’t too tough but I may have waffled a bit! Ha...happy enough with the rest of the assessments! Good luck to you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Just going over my basic arithmithic now. Is there a need for calculators or are they permitted?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Markkerley

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Just finished my assessments, the interview item had a check beside it. Fairly happy with the interview, questions weren’t too tough but I may have waffled a bit! Ha...happy enough with the rest of the assessments! Good luck to you all!

What kind of questions came up in the interview if you don’t mind me asking? How long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aoibhs

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Just going over my basic arithmithic now. Is there a need for calculators or are they permitted?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah they are allowed..

Markkerley wrote: »
    What kind of questions came up in the interview if you don’t mind me asking? How long did it take?

It’s only 90 seconds per question and there are 4 questions.. fairly standard questions.. nothing technical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Markkerley

It’s only 90 seconds per question and there are 4 questions.. fairly standard questions.. nothing technical

What were the questions? And did you speak for the full 90 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

Does anyone have an idea on the timeline for when invites/rejections would be sent out once the current stage deadline has passed?

Markkerley wrote: »
    What were the questions? And did you speak for the full 90 seconds?

Think I’ll be struck down if I gave the questions out.. but they were just general questions.. nothing abstract really.. no I didn’t speak for 90 seconds for every question you can stop the recording when you have said all you can say..

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Think I’ll be struck down if I gave the questions out.. but they were just general questions.. nothing abstract really.. no I didn’t speak for 90 seconds for every question you can stop the recording when you have said all you can say..

The people who have to review all these might appreciate brevity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

All done. A pretty mixed bag and reactions was the only one I got full marks on. Took a lot out of me mentally I must say, fairly exhausted after it.

Think Verbal Reasoning despite smashing practice ones was probably my worst part as I approached it wrong. Mouse control did ok for the first few mins and then a bit of carnage. Similar for others. Arithmathic was straightforward. Maybe got 1/2 wrong.

I thought the video interview was grand as im used to presentations/video conferencing etc from work however i really should have kept it more concise. Not enough time for me.

All in all I would say an average performance but hopefully enough! These things are not designed to be easy.

Definitely think i fared much better overall than the last time i did similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Hi, I'm trying to log in to do the online assessment but it wont let me. It says that we have until midnight to complete? Anyone else having this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

dubladdie wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to log in to do the online assessment but it wont let me. It says that we have until midnight to complete? Anyone else having this issue?

yes same, site is down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Are you using the link from the second mail that was sent out, there were issues with the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 COR11

I just had the same problem? I was in the middle of mine and had 2 assessments left, when I finished 1 of them I got a message saying “Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable”

Are you using the link from the second mail that was sent out, there were issues with the first one.

yes using the second link, trouble started at 10 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

Ah lads!!! We crashed the site and I only had 2 more tests to complete

What are the chances of them fixing it before 12....

Seeing as its a Sunday, I'm not very confident :(

Seeing as its a Sunday, I'm not very confident :(

They’ll hardly reopen it tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 johnner_c

Yep. Was just about to do the video assessment...had given the example a bash twice (it's a nightmare btw lol) and then bam, site crashes. I'm gonna walk away for 20 minutes then come back and hopefully it's sorted!

COR11 wrote: »

I have emailed and asked if an extension will be granted due to the site going down so we'll have to wait and see I guess :mad:

I have emailed and asked if an extension will be granted due to the site going down so we'll have to wait and see I guess :mad:

Did you just respond to the AerLingus email with all the details in it? or is there a specific address?

same

email sent to aerlingus@cut-e.com

Ok cheers. Will do the same now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

COR11 wrote: »

They will have to re-open it and give some sort of an extension surely? Fingers crossed!

Advertisement