Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 EIHopeful

Did anyone get a call today? It seems to have gone quiet on that front?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 directmaxev

EIHopeful wrote: »
    Did anyone get a call today? It seems to have gone quiet on that front?

I got a call from a Dublin number but the first call was silence and the second holding music which is odd I have to say.
    What’s the chances of cold calls in same week EI are making calls!! Frustrating.

I’m really not sure who it is...no voicemail though.

If anyone can share the number that called them I would appreciate it from a guidance point of view.

My call was from 01 485 xxxx

Aer Lingus and Dublin airport numbers are generally with an 886 or 816 prefix. They'd have left a voicemail or email if they failed to get you on the phone I'd say.

Aer Lingus and Dublin airport numbers are generally with an 886 or 816 prefix. They'd have left a voicemail or email if they failed to get you on the phone I'd say.

I would have thought so too, but I am most surprised in the week of EI calling the telemarketing empty heads are on to me at the same time. Coincidental perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BBD68822

Yep. It was an 886 number. I got an email to confirm the details afterwards. It’ll take time for them to get around so be patient.

Godspeed!

• Advertisement

It's a killer! Just sit tight.

BBD68822 wrote: »
    Yep. It was an 886 number. I got an email to confirm the details afterwards. It’ll take time for them to get around so be patient.

Godspeed!

Ah feck so it was those blasted cold callers harassing me!!! Argh.

Thanks for the update. At least I have a definitive answer.

Fingers crossed still.

Can anyone on here that got a call let us know what letter your surname begins with?! Trying to figure out if it's going strictly alphabetically.

Anyone hear of calls still going out today? Visualising my application going through the shredder with a load of people standing around laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dannym1991

Anyone hear of calls still going out today? Visualising my application going through the shredder with a load of people standing around laughing!

Haha yeah I'd say they get some laugh of those video interviews alright, all gathered around a desktop somewhere saying "Paul! Paul!! come here! ... look at what this dope is saying haha"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

I've lost hope at this point TBH

Well done to everyone that has gotten through to the next stages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 youoweme

Have to agree with Sarah,

Assessments to start in 13 days, if you havent heard by now i think we can expect a big "Thank you and good luck for the future."

Congratulations to anyone who got through.

So, anyone know of any other cool/interesting/not desk based jobs going? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I've lost hope at this point TBH

Well done to everyone that has gotten through to the next stages :)

You shouldn't give up until you receive a no thanks email. Somebody has to be the very last person they call before the emails are sent out, that might be you! Until then, keep doing the online practice compass exams and read up on group exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

robbie1876 wrote: »
    You shouldn't give up until you receive a no thanks email. Somebody has to be the very last person they call before the emails are sent out, that might be you! Until then, keep doing the online practice compass exams and read up on group exercises.

Thats IF they even send no thanks emails. I've been through enough of these situations that I know when to give up and move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

Got call yesterday email today. Good Luck all of you waiting still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ireland77

It looks like a person got a call yesterday hopefully we will still be in the running

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maximus747

My name would be at the bottom of the list and I’ve heard nothing yet. However I doubt it’s done alphabetically. I’ve run large scale recruitment operations before and I work for a large company. We never really do alphabetical for this sort of thing.

I emailed AL who told me I’d have a response “very soon” and that was last week.

I have been talking to a senior member of AL who is looking to get some info on the current status of the calls and interviews however it seems to be just very busy because of the volume of calls and interest.

I wouldn’t lose hope just yet. People won’t be able to make the day etc. so more people will be called up closer to the time I’m sure.

Thanks for that Maximus! Restoring a bit of faith for us. The heart is saying no but the head would tend to agree with you with regards the sheer volume they're dealing with. It would appear that they have made no calls today which could be a break day to catch up on reviewing assessments and general admin that goes with it. They were off last Thursday too so calls may still go out tomorrow I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 youoweme

mikel97 wrote: »
    Got call yesterday email today. Good Luck all of you waiting still.
    Congratulations Mikel!

Folks any emails or calls today? Anyone made contact with AL regarding same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 km2806

Haven't heard anything yet either! Applied for this a few years ago and didn't hear back until the 6th or 7th of July and i got called for an interview then.

Anyone get an email / call today?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lalaken123

Got call and email today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭goblin59

Kuyashi wrote: »

So theyre sending rejections too? thats good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

goblin59 wrote: »
    So theyre sending rejections too? thats good to know

Yes, I would't lose hope though. People are getting positive phone calls even after others are receiving rejection emails.

Kuyashi wrote: »
    Yes, I would't lose hope though. People are getting positive phone calls even after others are receiving rejection emails.

haha it was more so at least i knew i wouldn't have to be sitting here clueless. I hate it when companies don't bother to notify people if they didn't pass

Anyone hear anything today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Still no call or rejection letter. At this point you would think that they are still going through applications.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Still no call or rejection letter. At this point you would think that they are still going through applications.

it wouldnt surprise me if its just one person reviewing them all to keep up consistency

Advertisement